• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
I really need help with this rom hack :)

Hack name: Pokemon Conjure
Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red 1.0
Information about the hack: Check out the link on my signature :)
Finished percentage: I can't give an estimate right now, but probably 8%
Your hacking skills: Average, depends on what to be honest.
What help or skill you're looking for: A scripter, mapper, and sprite editor.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
This is a repost, I had given up the idea for a while due to starting college, but I'm willing to give it another shot. Apologies in advance if reposting is frowned upon!

Let me start off by saying I'm new to this, I just recently had an idea and thought it'd be cool to try and see how it goes. Anyways,

Hack name: Not sure, something along the lines of Team Rocket/Evil organization themed

Hack of: Preferably FireRed

Information about the hack: You wake up inside Team Rocket's base, and it's orientation day! You finally get to meet Giovanni, the renowned Team Rocket Leader and also the Viridian Gym Leader. You are so excited, because this is the day that you finally get to graduate from being a Cadet, and be promoted into a Grunt! You will be offered 5 different basic Grunt Pokemon, each with a special Rocket inspired move. After the graduation ceremony, you will be trained in how to steal Pokemon and rob stores, just like a true Grunt!

Finished percentage: 1% if you consider thinking about ideas being worth 1%

Your hacking skills: I've messed around with Advanced Maps and the other tools, but when i got to scripting, well, it wasnt fun.

What help or skill you're looking for: All? :')

Additional contact information: email would be best as of right now, [email protected]

Additional information: Well, it'll be about Team Rocket or something, I would rather Team Rocket, since they're the most popular and I know the most about them. If nobody offers help its not a big deal, I'll go solo haha, and also if anyone wants help making their own, you could email me at your dispense. Thanks

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
EDIT: OFFER INVALID NOW.

I'm offering scripting help for anyone who has a project that will not be abandoned.

The way I do things is kind of like this:
1. You tell me what idea you need in a map. For instance, if you need professor oak to walk out of a gym after getting a pokemon, fine.
2. I will need a copy of your ips file. I will of course send you plain text of the script, but I don't want questions that can be answered by a tutorial like "How do I put dis here level script inside of de game???" Just let me do it if you can't, it will save a lot of time, and the patch can be applied to your existing game.
3. It is recommended you use the variable/flag extension hack found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302476
It makes life so much easier for you and for me. I also have a patch in my guide found in my sig. Read the readme before applying the patch..
4. If you don't do step 3, I will need a list of flags and variables I can use. I can't start using a flag you have used and then mess up the game can I?
5. Give me a list of what I need anyway for the reason above.

In short: Tell me what you need. I need a patch of your project. Use the var/flag ext patch, and/or give me a list of flags I can use.
In return, I give you a patch to add to your already existing game and a plain text version of the script.

Send me a PM to begin. Credits for the script are appreciated.

My level of script would probably be advanced. In short, I'm very good at manipulation, and know pretty much every command.

Thanks. I look forward to working with whomever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
Hack Name: Pokémon Gold EX

Hack Of: Pokémon Gold

Information of Hack: Basically a reskin of Gold so it is a small project really mainly because I'm a beginner, but with newly added features. A better level curve/difficulty (more notably, unhacked Dragonites), Better trainers (including Rival) by means of pokemon, moveset, and updated trainer sprites. Silver/Crystal exclusive pokemon included, added legendaries, including Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo, the 3 birds. New places to explore and also new evenets added, such as the Celebi GS Ball Event in the first patch. Other Easter eggs hidden here or there. You can rematch the Indigo League after obtaining 16 badges to fight a stronger Elite 4 and Champion. Kanto is revised to be stronger. And a few more things.

Finished Percentage: 25-35%, there's also a first patch already made, in this link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371623

My Hacking Skills: My hacking skills are pretty decent, I can edit current maps, create Trainer Sprites, some which were created and posted by me here, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=371963. I can also edit Wild Pokemon, Trainers and their Pokémon. What they use as far as Pokémon and Items and so on. What movesets and so on. I can also edit text, but in this hack its not really necessary.

What Skills I Need: I need someone who is excellent at making new scripts and events. I need someone who can insert my Trainer Sprites plus others. I need someone who can teach me to make my own maps and insert them into the game. Such as Cerulean Cave, and a few other areas and then let me add Pokemon to them such as either Wild Pokemon unable to get in other ways like starters or setting up legendary Pokemon battles such as with Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, and etc.

Contact Information: I'm available here and on a FB page. The link to the FB page is here. https://www.facebook.com/FriendshipIsAVideoGame/

Additional Information: Whether getting a hold of me here or FB. Be patient with me, I can be slow as I'm Autistic and I also have ADHD. I may also not be around every time you need me because I have a irl life too that I try to work around. However any help with this project will be greatly received and given credit to the fullest extent. My only screenshot atm I have of my hack is the title screen on thread in Sideshow Showcase, which I gave the link to above, but feel free to play the hack and see for yourself what all has changed, then decide if you wish to help or not. I somewhat believe first-hand experience in everything should come first before making a judgment call, because sometimes you can either agree on something real too quick before knowing what you are getting into, but can also decline too soon when you don't know what is in store for this hack. I'm lucky enough to get this far. :')

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
Hello everyone. I am currently offering mapping help for any ROM hacker that needs it.

About me: I am 16 years old, so I am not too busy in life right now and will have a lot of time to work on this rom hack. I have played and loved Pokemon for many years, and have played ROM Hacks for a few years now as well. This means I know a lot about the game, and what makes a rom hack good or not, etc..

Experience: I have worked on one previous ROM hack before, but unfortunately it got cancelled. I have designed maps from time to time for fun however, so I do have experience on that front.

Proof of work: This is one of my favorite maps that I have designed. It was a city that was designed for the rom hack that I was helping work on before that got cancelled.

Spoiler:

Obviously, this map has room to improve, as do all of my maps. I do take constructive criticism well so I am always looking for ways to improve.

Contact: It would be preferable if you could contact me on Skype. My name is zznick5000zz However, if you don't have Skype, you can PM me here. I am open to using other forms of communication to work on your ROM, but message me first either on here or Skype. Thank you for reading!

Years
Composer Available for projects

Hi everybody!

I am a composer who would love to write music for ROM hacks. I have no knowledge of hacking (so I wouldn't be able to edit or insert music into the game, for example) but I could definitely write for you.

Ideally, I'm looking to write for projects which are already a good way into development (to avoid joining projects which are likely to be abandoned). However I will of course be open to working with everybody.

I have examples of my work available. Please PM me or reply below if you would like more information.

I look forward to hearing from you! :t197:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Need A Rom Hacking Team

Well. I'm quite new here. I mean I am not really muxh expert in rom hcking stuffs but I always wanted to make my own hacked rom. I have a quite good storyline and It aeeeems nobody ever tried makkng rom that way. So First Of all I need people who could hack emerald rom. I know fire red has better spaces andnd stuffs but I need emerald style animated sprites. that's why I am prefering Emerald. It's quite difficult though but if anyone knows how to make gba animated sprites for emerald, please try to help me. and I need people for other stuffs as well. like I said I am prerty much rookie but once you help me I'll be able to back up. and The story I have, will surely be good I promise. thank you. I'll be waiting

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hack name: I think that it will be "Pokemon Conscience"

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Information about the hack: We can decide, but I want it to be about the character, who found his first Pokemon, and is recruited by Team Righteous, who thinks that they are doing the right thing. The character is working up in the ranks to be the top admin.

Finished percentage:1% (If you count ideas and a bit of the first map.

Your hacking skills:Basic scripting, and some mapping skills (Or Pre-Intermediate)

What help or skill you're looking for: An advanced scripter, and a good mapper. Though anyone who wants to help is welcome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can contact me at:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Or, you can just PM me.

Last edited:

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
Years
[FONT=&quot]Hack name: Pokémon Blazing Fire[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Hack of: 1636 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)
Information about the hack: Story starts in a village where Professor X or Professor Xous gave the player a Pokémon to help him in his Research he doesn't have a pokedex and he said that he is ordering one until he should go and check Pokémon Temple and research for the Legend of Heatran. The player goes as directed and meet the inventor of Pokedex Professor oak who was being chased by spy. But the spy was ready to battle Prof oak Player wins. Prof oak gives him a Pokedex. By the time Prof x comes and meets oak then player goes to temple and learns about heatran and also learns about team Blaze. He then comes back to report Prof X but occasionally meet Rival and names him. Then he goes and report everything to Prof X. Prof X tells him to meet his father. His father suggests that there is a gym leader in this town's gym. Player than battles the gym leader and carry on his journey.
Finished percentage: 5%
Your hacking skills: You can say Pre-Intermediate
What help or skill you're looking for: Mainly for Spriting, tileset editing and For Scripting. If you can do something else you are always Welcomed :)

Additional contact information: To contract me You can email at [email protected] [I am most active with this email] or [email protected] [Less active with this] Or contract me from Skype - blazing_rud[/FONT]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 8, 2017
Hack name: Pokémon Kernow Edition
Hack of: Either Emerald or FireRed, but probably the latter.
Information about the hack: Basically this hack revolves around my home county (the English equivalent of a state). There're lots of old Cornish legends and folk lore which some of the story will be based on. The 'evil team' is going to be called Team Devonian, based on the rivalry between Cornwall and the neighbouring county, Devon. Major characters will be loosely based on people I actually know. The main character (Name(s) undecided) will travel across the region collecting Pokémon and battling the Cornwall League, as per usual for Pokémon. I plan for there to be several side quests throughout the course of the story, and for the cities and towns to have more story behind them than just a Pokécentre, Mart and a few houses.
Finished percentage: I'd say maybe 2%-ish. (lol :P ) I have the entire concept thought up, as well as a semi-complete version of the region.
Your hacking skills: I can program routes with A-Map, program trainers, and I have a basic knowledge of scripting, but with enough tutorials, I *should* be able to mostly get that done on my own.
What help or skill you're looking for: I'd like someone to possibly get the ROM to contain all 721 Pokémon with all known moves as of ORAS, and animations. I've tried this before, and quickly learnt that me and hexadecimal coding don't really go together :P . I'd also like someone who can edit the sprites to make them as I'd like them. I'd do this myself, but I have a small twitch in my left hand, which also happens to be my dominant hand, unfortunately, making several fiddly things like sprite difficult for me to do. If someone would be willing to help, that would be great. :) Also, I can't find the tools to create a region map easily, so I'd like some help with this as well please.
Contact information: The only way to contact me is PM really... Hope this isn't a problem.
Additional information: My school is currently on Summer Holidays, so I do have a fair amount of spare time to create the routes and such.

I'll be extremely thankful for any help I receive, and you will be given credit for anything I receive from you. If you'd like to help, send me a PM and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks! ^^

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Ragnarök
Hack of: Fire Red (BPRE)
Information about the hack: You can see all the info about my hack in the Progressing Hacks section.
Finished percentage: 85% of beta 1
Your hacking skills: Everything
What help or skill you're looking for: I need an Spanish to English translator, my english is very bad, and I don't like a hack with a lot of grammar mistakes

Send me an MP if you are interested to join me c:

Years
Hack name: POKEMON Rhine's secrets
Hack of: POKEMON EMERALS
Information about the hack:
This hack takes place in the region of the Rhine at the border between France, Germany and Swiss. Your story begins in the city of Bale when the Professer Franz gives you and your Sister, your first pokemon. But during the trip, she's been kidnapped by some fanatics who want to make the Rhine region independant by awakening the dark Witch Pokemon Sidonia. You will try to run through the region to solve the mysteries of it, win the 8 badges and also save your sister. This hack for moment will feature :
- Fakemons/Classic Pokemon adequate to the real region (A kind of original POKEMON GO on gba)
- Differents Landscapes (Mountains/Snow/Lake/River/Forest/Cave etc...)
- New Regions, New City, New Leaders...
- New Moves, maybe items
- New Heroes and Characters

Finished percentage: -The worldmap is create but not finished
-Two maps are done
-Many ideas

Your hacking skills: Decent mapping quality, Learn everything very fast
What help or skill you're looking for: Every kind of help would be a pleasure

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 14, 2020
Hack Name: Pokemon - The Journey Continues
Hack of: Emerald
Information about the Hack: The Game takes place 6 years after the original story, where You Move into Brandons old House and go Onto a Journey and Battle your 2 Rivals, Gyms (Different) and a New Team!
Finished Percentage: 0-1%
Your Hacking Skills: Not many, only know almost Nothing about Scripting, My Mapping is decent but I like to Mess with Pokemon MoveSets and Battles ;)
What Help or Skills I'm Looking For: Spriters, Scripters (New Team and "Events" (Remove and Add)), Pokedex Additions (Scripting), Mapping (Change a few maps a bit), Texts and the Title Screen and the Intro

Try to Contact me! (If not through Skype PM me)

Last edited:

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
Years
Hack Name : Pokemon Shadow Fate

Hack of : Pokemon - Ruby Version (USA)

Information:
Spoiler:

Progress : For Beta 1 - 25%

My skills : Scripting, Mapping, Spriting.

Help I need :

Implementing B/W repel system, Editing Battle Backgrounds ( Indexed and ready to insert), Making Fakemons and their Icons, Title screen editing.

Contact me : PM me.

Extra info: I am making a series so you will be in the Team for long time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
Hack name:
Pokemon Hydro Blue

Hack of:
Pokemon Fire Red

Information about the hack:
First of all, let me start off by saying this will be a relatively small project compared to other ROM hacks. My idea here is very simple. I want to make a game that is like what platinum was to diamond and pearl, what emerald was to ruby and sapphire, etc. I basically want to make a better version of Pokemon Fire Red with a bunch of new stuff but still close to the same game. I have a ton of ideas already, and I already made a few maps that can be added to the game. Just contact me and I will tell you all of my ideas, as well as listen to a few of your's.

Finished percentage:
About 1% because as I said, I have made some maps and have a ton of ideas but that's about it.

Your hacking skills:
Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for:
Literally everything else (someone who can code, put together the rom, etc.)

Contact information:

I understand that I don't bring much to the table, and I am sorry for that, but I am on Mac and none of the programs necessary run on Mac. However, I do believe this would be a great experience for a new hacker who is looking to learn how things work, since this is not that big of a project. Any and all help would be appreciated, and if you are, please message me on Skype.

Years
Hack name: Pokémon: Alloy and Ingot
Hack of: (not really a hack of any game)
Information about the hack: In the time period before Pokémon Gold and Silver, but after Red and Blue, the player is packing for college, when he/she finds out his/her neighbor, Professor Chestnut, is giving him/her a Pokémon! Embark on an adventure against Team Fantasy and their leader, the Duke of Dreams, a clever man who aims to rule all dreams. Your rivals, Cole and Jack, aid you on your adventure, and become members of the Elite Four.
Finished percentage: Believe it or not, a solid 15%
Your hacking skills: Basically Existing, Story Writing, Basic Stuff, RPG Maker XP (Not scripting).
What help or skill you're looking for: All of the above? Oh, that isn't an option, here's a list:
1) Music (FL Studio, etc.)
2) Scripter
3) Graphical Designer/spriter(s) (for the following: tileset making, characters, fakémon[preferably animated], and attack animations.)
Additional contact information: Click --> here <-- to chat with me, and email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Additional information: Anyone who replies get's to become a gym leader in the game.

And, I just want to say, thank you, even if you only considered this option, thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Hack name: Pokemon Sea Blue
Hack of: Fire Red
Information about the hack: It's somewhat of a "third version" to Fire Red and Leaf Green with new types and Pokemon and other things. You can find more information and the progress of the hack here or at the image link in my signature.
Finished percentage: I'd say anywhere from 10-15%.
Your hacking skills: I can script, use tools, and other generic hacking skills.
What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for a possible ASM'er to help create things in the hack that may require ASM.
Additional contact information: I would like a PM before giving out extra information.
Additional information: I have been out of contact with my spriter for a long while. I want to have fakemon but I sort of require a sprite (or idea for a sprite) before continuing other aspects (stats, moves, evolutions) of the fakemon. If you have, or will, make sprites I can use for fakemon, and you are willing to donate, or create, them for me to use in my hack, please pm me. Also, I would like a beta tester. I tend to add a lot of stuff here and there and sometimes it messes up other parts of the hack seemingly unrelated.

Years
Hack name: Not sure
Hack of: Emerald
Information about the hack: Not sure
Finished percentage: 0
Your hacking skills: ASMagician, C hacker, all kind scripter
What help or skill you're looking for:
- mapper
- idea giver
- music hacker?
Additional contact information:
PMs, VMs, irc rh channel
Additional information:
- no moveset and stat changes
- no fakemons
- no edgy plot (may be silly)
- I'm mostly interested in coding. I don't have an idea for plot can't map.
- not sure something's gonna come out of it

Years
Help

I want a team. Who is good at enginnering. Hack name: pokemon obsidian- the lost empire. Hack of FR. Story- after the xy anime series people started to hear some spooky noise in south part of kanto like help! They are eating our flash,mood, hahaha and please dont harm us etc. One hazy morning the people of south kanto see a empire covered by haze. And in 20 minute it disapper. Find out the thruth u r a boy living pallet town who is certified as a trainer. Inspired by (HI-Brazil) . I good at creativity. Storyline 100% complete. Just need enginering. Plz help me. pm or vm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back