• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Killed the Red Gyarados.
    Because I Already have a Gyarados in my Party.
    For this Gyarados I Just traded it from my Diamond Version, Along with Many of my Pokemon.

So my Gyarados is still Strong, Kills anything in its path like the rest of my level 100's.
    Just, When i Actually look at its stats, It's low. >_>
    So I Just kill people with moves like, Whirlpool, Surf, Waterfall, and Icebeam. ^_^
    So it's just my Water HM Slave. :D

Years
    What? So I'm like, one of the few who actually trained my red Gyarados to Lv 66 and used it throughout the game? Gyarados is deadly if used correctly, and it's true. It was the last one standing in my party against Red, and the one who KO'd Red's final Pokemon, Snorlax.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    I didn't use it cuz everyone will have a red gyrados so its not rare at all

Years
    Nah, I just caught and kept it in the PC and just kept my normal Gyarados (which I raised since it was a Magikarp), since I'm much more used to it. I mean it's just the color that's different right?

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    I caught it but only for someone to use Surf and Whirlpool lol I had Surf on Poliwrath but now I can finally delete it and give it waterfall instead :D

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I used it in my party, but it lagged behind the others in level badly. It was only 42 or so when the others were 60.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I caught mine so I could trade it for something a little bit more rare, like a bulbasaur or something =]

Subject

Gardevoir Masta!
    Years
    Well I didn't have a full team then... gyms i did in order 1,2,3,4,7,5,6,8 and red gyarados helped me beat the 8th gym it just used ice fang and it was so easy

Years
    Yes I did use it. It helped me beat Clair easily. With my Red Gyarados and his Ice fang we owned Clair. And helped me beat Red.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I caught it and am currently using it. Sadly, Lance wiped the floor with it before it had a chance to attack.....and I haven't battled Red yet, but it should come in handy. Gyarados has always been one of my favorite Pokemon. The fact that you can catch a shiny one without having to spend hours looking for it is a bonus in my mind.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I'm not quite sure why none of you use/used it. I haven't caught it yet, but I plan to catch it and use it. Who cares if everyone else has it? Everyone else has a Salamence in competitive play, but that doesn't mean it's not a really cool Pokémon with some nice stats. In fact, it means that it is those things. I think that if you think a Pokémon is cool, use it, at least in-game. It doesn't matter if everyone has one, as you aren't trying to impress others by playing the game, right? You're playing the game to have fun, and if you'll have fun using the Red Gyarados, then go ahead and use it!

Anyways, yeah, I think it will be pretty cool to use it when I catch it as I remember using it in the original G/S and having a lot of fun.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I did. I reset for an Adamant nature and decent IV's. Look at my sig, it's one of my Physical Sweepers now. :3

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
    Caught, raised it to lv 44 and dominated Lance easily. Unlike most people, I actually like Gyarados and I realize how powerful it is.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    It's pretty hard to raise, but its Ice Fang can easily take out Lance's Dragonites, even at Level 41 or whatever it was when I beat the Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    I trained it, simply because I've never trained a Gyarados and wanted a Water-type for my team. It's actually a pretty good powerhouse, believe it or not. I probably got lucky with nature/IV's, though. xD

~Starry

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    Mine knows Surf and Waterfall. Before I caught her, I used a pitiful Krabby to surf around. I'm keeping her one Ice move (Ice Fang) for if it's needed in the future, particularly if I come across Dragon types.

Most of her exp comes from when I was training to beat Clair, as she was the only one in my party who really stood a chance :)

Back