• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I'm actually using it. She's Adamant natured, and is great. I needed a water type, so she's pretty great. :3

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    Gyarados is an awesome pokemon, I caught it and used it in my HG I dont know if Ill do the same on SS but Its my first shiny lol so I loved it.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    It's cool that Shiny Gyarados has the shiny "sparkle" in the beginning of the battle, but it gets annoying running into Zubats and having to wait for Gyarados to stop sparkling. Just like Edward, stop sparkling!

Years
    yea i used it,i switched it with my pidgeot cuz my Traded Charizard knew fly,and gyarados pretty much was the most effective on my team

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I'm sorry "thebest" but I think if you want people to take you more seriously you should try to make your grammar better. For example this:
    Who of you acually used the red gyarados and raised it in your party and beat the elite for with it, didnt coz that way i would have to get rid of one of my raised party memebers XD
    Should be changed to this:
    Who here actually used the Red Gyarados and raised it to defeat the Elite 4?
    I didn't because if I did I would have to get rid of a Pokemon I already raised!
    I'm sorry if I sound like a grammar snob, but you should work on that just a bit.

To answer your question: No. I feel the same way. I spent a tremendous amount of time raising my Totodile(Who I am everstoning. He just looks cute as a Totodile, but not as a Feraligatr). I did keep the Red Gyarados though as a memorabilia of Lake of Rage. I think of it as a novelty. Although it does great damage on some Pokemon, it also has a quadruple weakness to Electric Types.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'll catch the Red Gyarados, but I won't use it on my team. I may just SR for a right nature (preferably Jolly) so I can always EV it and use it competitively. Other than that, I have my Poliwhirl to use as a water based Pokémon, so I'm good.

@ ChrisTom, it would have been better if you told thebest about his grammar through a VM or PM message. Please, leave all discussion here about the Red Gyarados and not the grammar of others.

@ thebest, I have been watching your posts lately, and if you can please take your time and proof read you posts before submitting them to make sure it is easy to understand, then that would be great. ;)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    My Red Gyarados is always an HM slave. Strength, Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool.
    He did beat the E4 with me, though, at level 32.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    I'm using it for in game battles. Got it w/ a bad nature so.. But Dragon Dance is a beast on it regardless.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Lol. I caught the Gyarados, and thought you had to give it to Mr. Pokemon. Luckily no, you just give him the scale, which is a relief I guess; dunno if I'll still use it though.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I caught it, but I haven't even thought about what I'm going to do with it yet. So far it's my Waterfall slave, and since it's Gentle it won't do much as far as serious battling is concerned.

Back