• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados

hoboX10

World Dictator
    Years
    I use it because I only have 4 or 5 main party members by the time I got to it anyway.

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
    I will catch it but will not use it in my team. I always used to have a gyarados in my team when I played red/blue/yellow as kid though

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Didn't get it. Gyarados get's pwned so bad if he faces a freaking thunderbolt.

I just want to point out that most water types do anyway, and if you're going to get a Waterfaller, might as well be stronger. =|

That and the whole point of Gyarados is to not let them get the Thunderbolt off.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I really dislike Gyarados so I just Killed it for some EXP ;)
    Anyway everyone would have one anyay so there was no point catching it, only to gather dust in moi Box :3

lol but your sig and your Avatar are both gyarados.

I used him on the E4...He Sweeped Lance for me with Avalaunch

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    In the original Silver and Gold games I had, I never used the shiny Gyrados. At first, I thought he looked real cool, but even on the old games I prefered other water types I had.

I haven't gotten far enough to catch him yet in HG, but I'm sure I won't be using him unless it's to take out Lance with his Ice moves. Depends though. *shrug* He'll probably just sit in the PC forever until someone who actually didn't get him wants him and offers something I like better. :p

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I caught it (for the novelty, as suggested and the fact that I'm unlikely to catch another shiny), but I didn't use it, since I started off with Totodile and I don't particularly like having more than one Pokémon of the same type on my team. I never used it back in Gold either, but I still caught it.

But, if I start a new game on my currently unused SoulSilver game, then I'll consider using it.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I Killed the Red Gyarados.
    Because I Already have a Gyarados in my Party.
    For this Gyarados I Just traded it from my Diamond Version, Along with Many of my Pokemon.

So my Gyarados is still Strong, Kills anything in its path like the rest of my level 100's.
    Just, When i Actually look at its stats, It's low. >_>
    So I Just kill people with moves like, Whirlpool, Surf, Waterfall, and Icebeam. ^_^
    So it's just my Water HM Slave. :D
    How is the game any fun when you just walk around with a team full of level 100's beating the crap out of everyone? ._.

And no, I only used Red Gyarados for Waterfall and Whirlpool. :(

I was going to use it so I felt good about having a shiny, but then while I was treking through Victory Road, I encountered a green Golbat. I was simply stunned, lmao.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    yes, I will use it in my playthrough of SoulSilver.

The reason? I need a good water type. And i've always wanted to use it anyway. :)

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
    some people just dont care about the red gyarados and will faint, capture or release it mabye i might EV train mine

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    some people just dont care about the red gyarados and will faint, capture or release it mabye i might EV train mine
    Yeah but why the hell would you capture it and then release it? You're wasting Pokeballs and missing out on a nice chunk of Experience.

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    if im honest i prefer the normal gyarados but i caught it anyway for the hell of it
    unfortunatly now though a shiny gyarados is now worthless

Back