• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Release Date Discussion [June 23 - Japan] [Q3 - Worldwide]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't think they'll announce another spin off, it just seems highly unlikely since the one they've been discussing hasn't even been released yet. If Pokémon Smash does decide to announce the spin off that we already know about, well, I don't think I'd be that surprised.

Though no matter how much we try and guess the possible date for a third game it's all left in the mystery and we just have to wait. Though if Pokémon Smash doesn't bring up a third game OR remakes, I'd say we'd probably get something like that later on, could be months or another year. If RS remakes are announced instead, I'd probably bet Gray wouldn't come until next year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Which ever one doesn't come this year will proably comeout next year like HgSs after Pt (which were being developed during the same time).
    Also we aren't even sure if Camp Red and Camp Blue are games...they could be TGC decks or maybe Nintendo is just trade marking them like they did with Pokemon Crimson, Grey, and Brown...

Hopefully it'll get announced next month in Corocoro if not on Pokesmash. It's likely imo that there won't be an announcement, why would Pokemon decide to release their new game in a show when they could've revealed it in Today's Nintendo Direct Event... Also Corocoro tends to be the first to reveal the new games.

Ps: Does anyone know when the next corocoro issue will be out?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Next Coro Coro should leak somewhere between March 9th - March 14th. Usually leaks around the 9th - 15th every month.

Coro Coro ALWAYS hypes game announcements though, and whenever they are revealing a main series game they ALWAYS call it "Pocket Monsters" instead of "Pokemon". So if Coro Coro says they are going to unveil a new "Pocket Monsters" game, you can bet that it's a main game.

Masuda just tweeted this (I used Google Translate):
    Cha has said! ! ! Smash Pokemon Sunday the 26th! This appeared to Masuda! ! Announcement will be broadcast so very serious, please do not miss it absolutely! ! This, to spread RT or blog everyone! ! ! Please! ! ! I want you to everyone!

Is he trying to see he will appear on the show when he says 'This appeared to Masuda'? But either way, hes starting to really hype up the announcement. We better not be getting trolled again. I hope its news on a main game!

OK, he is actually appearing. This is from his blog:

News is very important! ! !

Be broadcast on TV Tokyo series (Sunday) from 7:30 am February 26, 2012

Pokemon to smash, Masuda will appear! ! ! However,,,

What! ! ! So,,,

Since the announcement very serious,
    Please do not miss it absolutely! ! !

Please see the live broadcast on everyone! ! !

And, to those who can not see is,,,
    Masuda will shed the same information as the TV immediately after the broadcast on Twitter! ! !

Everyone, please look forward to Ne! ! ! ! !

He's actually appearing. Im trying not to get my hopes up, but my hopes are up now. Definitely sounds like something relating to game news.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Masuda just tweeted this (I used Google Translate):

Is he trying to see he will appear on the show when he says 'This appeared to Masuda'? But either way, hes starting to really hype up the announcement. We better not be getting trolled again. I hope its news on a main game!

He's actually appearing. Im trying not to get my hopes up, but my hopes are up now. Definitely sounds like something relating to game news.

After seeing this, I'm slightly more excited for Pokémon Smash on Sunday!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    This is one of four things:

- New main series game announcement
    - New movie news
    - Kyurems forme reveal
    - Something completely not to get excited about.

Of course I hope it's the first. Then it will be just over two weeks until we get more stuff from CoroCoro, which is why the announcement would be the end of Feb.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Masuda just tweeted this (I used Google Translate):

Well after reading this I think this time is definitely about a main game or the new form of Kyurem.

Years
  • It does seem to signal something...there's already enough spinoff out so maybe it is a third version announcement...it could also just be the announcing Kyurem's other forme silhouette and not show it off until next week...since Kyurem having another forme will hint at the third version coming soon.
    Now I can't wait until tommorow...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Masuda is the best, seriously. He's so social and helpful and communicative with fans :)))

I don't think it's the third game though, at least not this week. Just because they would hype the show much more than this imo if it was the third game, more than just a tweet/blog and an offhanded comment in an interview. I could see this "announcing the announcement" as someone else mentioned though, talking about how they're going to announce something SUPER GREAT on the next show and then revealing it there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Masuda is the best, seriously. He's so social and helpful and communicative with fans :)))

I don't think it's the third game though, at least not this week. Just because they would hype the show much more than this imo if it was the third game, more than just a tweet/blog and an offhanded comment in an interview. I could see this "announcing the announcement" as someone else mentioned though, talking about how they're going to announce something SUPER GREAT on the next show and then revealing it there.

Nah, I'd say due to it saying announcement being srs... unless they're announcing that it's the end of Pokemon I really think it's the third game. ;x Idk I don't think he'd do that to his fans... XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well the company > one person, if the company wants to hype this no matter what it is then Masuda has to follow their orders because that's his job. Even if he is on top, he still has to answer to the overall wishes of the company, which might be "hype this spinoff/event". The closest comparison we have is Platinum, how did that one work as far as being announced/hyped?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I have not been back for so long and the greatest news I've seen is this!

Really excited and I hope to see really good news!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2013
    Gray is the most likely. I guarantee it.

For Gen IV:
    D&P: Sep 2006
    Spinoffs: 2007--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--
    Platinum: Sep 2008
    HGSS: Sep 2009
    B&W: Sep 2010

So far for Gen V
    B&W: Sep 2010
    Spinoffs: 2011--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--

So I bet
    Grey: Sep 2012 - Main Event: Kyurem
    MRAS: Sep 2013 - Main Event: Meloetta
    GenVI: Sep 2014

Genesect: No ingame events used, similar to Arceus. Distributed through the 16TH film in 2013.
    I have a question what is MRAS? I have never heard of this abbreviation.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    If the new movie poster is real, it's very unlikely that the announcement is Grey, but the two Kyurem formes.

Years
  • Yeah and that hints that Grey's announcement is soon to follow, or maybe he announces the new forme with the new game's version name together. By the way if it's true than the third game has a short chance of being call Pokemon Opal as opals can be white and black and have multiple colors...
    Though I'm sticking with Grey...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Ok I take that back. They confirmed in english that a NEW POKÉMON GAME WILL BE REVEALED TODAY!

It's all adding up - It has to be Grey/Opal!

Back