• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Releasing Your Pokemn

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I know I do it, but do You? My reason is solely because I only caught something to fill up the Pokedex and don't really want it, so it's not that common. Also, does anyone know if the myth about finding released Pokemon in the Grass is true? Discuss.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I have a few times, I can't remember why but I do remember feeling guilty. xD
    o.o Idk about seeing released pokemon in the wild, but it'd certainly be awkward to run into my old Zubat, Garfield...

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Only on the rare occasion, but it has to be a Pokemon I've never used in Battle, or I feel guilty.......

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I don't usually release my Pokemon. If I don't want them, I just shove them into my 'Crap' PC box. They might come in handy when I need a new HM slave, etc. I only release Pokemon that I capture only for my PokeDex, and don't plan on using them at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I release Pokemon I have no use for or Pokemon that I caught just for my Pokedex.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Nah. I usually enslave them forever more; to an existance encapsulated within the dark recesses of 'Someone's Box'. Heartless, I know:C

Ayselipera

Eventually I release them if I caught one to many Bidoof or so.
    As for seeing released pokemon in the wild, I never have. I'm not even sure if you can.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Well, I tried getting full dex once and I released pokemon like a shredder. I hd released about 50-80 pokes. And the wierd thing is that I feel guilty when I release them (damn it I aways get like that. I start releasing/killing things on a computer game and I feel guilty. I think its just a computer program, but my feelings say different) XD

I also released my espeon from emerald once by accident... I went into a coma long story short

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    i have tried but i grow attach to most of the pokemon i catch and when i do relase them i feel guilty

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • of course i release my pokemon.
    i have to make room for new pokes xD
    i've heard of that, but it's really rare.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • I tried to release the 30 Bidoofs from my Pc, but I just couldn't! They looked so cute, and I just can't release them. :(

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    I usually don't release any unless they're taking up too much space and I know I'll never use them.
    Of course, who knows? You might need that lvl 4 Bidoof one day...

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Yes, when I breed a heap I'd need too. And I'm going for a living Pokedex, which requires a lot of box space.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Yes. I mercilessly kick them out of my warm, cozy boxes to make room for pokemon that are useful.

*So long, Bidoof! Ka-PAW!*

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I catch whatever Pokemon I see, so as I progress through the game I get multiples in the same evolution - eg. I was sorting out my boxes in Pearl the other day and I had a Zubat and a Crobat, a Wooper and a Quagsire, a Psyduck and a Golduck, etc, so I released all the weaker ones. I

Back