• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Remeber when Moltres was in the victory road

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I wonder if they put him there because they couldn't think of anywhere else to put him? I used to think it was on odd place to put him. What do you guys think?

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • I wish they hadnt changed it in firered/leafgreen. At first I wondered to myself what had happened to him. (yes moltres is male)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    It did always seem strange to stick Moltres in the middle of a dungeon that was actually important for progress, unlike Articuno and Zapdos (you could just bypass the Seafoam Islands via Pallet, and the Power Plant served no real purpose other than to hold Zapdos). It does seem like there probably wasn't anywhere else to put Moltres, and perhaps the game's creators didn't want to create another dungeon or anything like that. Still, I wasn't happy when they moved Moltres in FR/LG, I guess because I wanted the games to stay true to the originals in that regard (and do more with the Sevii Islands in other ways).

Moltres generally came so late in the game that I never bothered to use it. On my first playthrough, I had a hard time navigating Victory Road, so I never found it. On subsequent plays, I just didn't feel like it was worth the effort of hunting it down until later.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I always thought that Moltress in Victory Road was always suitable, as it represented the burning desire of the trainers going through the road on their way to become a champion.

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Moltres being in Victory Road gave us kind of a last opportunity to prove who you were and catch yet another legendary bird before we had to hang with the elite 4

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • It was good idea for the developpers to place Moltres there. It makes it nearly impossible to miss and catching the legendary bird might motivate the player to find the other two.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
  • Whenever I played RBY afresh I would recollect where the legendaries are located. Naturally, I couldn't locate Moltres. I never had a hunch of finding Moltres in the Victory Road on my first play anyway.
    Victory Road is perfect for Moltres, as it represents the burning desire of the trainers to become the Champion, as Dr. Silver said. Fire-type Pokémon in RBY were hard to train; another reason of putting Moltres there might be because Moltres is a fire-type and Victory Road is the most difficult dungeon in the game.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Remeber when Moltres was in the victory road

There was no other place really to throw him in. I didn't mind, I usually already had a fire type I preferred anyways and the only bird I wanted was Zapdos.

Years
  • i remember being a small child and struggling to get through victory road, then i ran into moltres and got slaughtered because my pokemon were pretty much all dead, im pretty certain that i never caught moltres and i never even reached the end of victory road because i lost the cartridge.... damn, ive got a lot of unfinished business in those games

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • They shoulda kept him there i liked it it was like the final test of catching pokemon and on mt ember it was like why hes not special they should all be in the region

Back