• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Removed Moves

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Aside from the national dex, there are several moves that been removed and no longer available in SnS
    Spoiler:

*Green text those moves are from lets go series and not the main one.

Any thoughts on moves that no longer learnable and gone from existence? Do you missed these movepool from the game?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Some of these, such as Egg Bomb and Bone Club make sense since the Pokemon that can learn Egg Bomb and Bone Club aren't in Sword/Shield to begin with. But RETURN? Are you kidding me? Return is a move that should be in any Pokemon game.

But, yeah, apart from that, I'm sure a lot of these moves have logical reasons as to why they aren't in the games. But... Return and Pursuit.... that's weird. Very weird. I hope they at least eventually patch in a few of these.

Years
  • I was really sad about the loss of Return since it would have been a killer move on some new Pokémon like Guts Flame Orb Obstagoon, and it's just a staple move, but at the same time many of the Pokémon that could have abused it (aka anything with a Normalize variant like Mega Glalie or Mega Pinsir) isn't even in the game, save for HA Sylveon. And even then, Sylveon is better off using Hyper Voice.

I can only guess that some of the more important moves were removed as part of the game's competitive meta overhaul.

Years
  • My girl Vespiquen already has a lot of type weaknesses.They deleted her signature move heal order, the only reliable access to recovery she has. I feel like someone walked up to my favorite bug Pokemon, and ripped off one of her wings for no reason :(

I have several Pokemon that also rely on hidden power for coverage and am surprised to see it missing.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    They should have removed signature moves for Pokémon not existed in Sw/Sh instead of these useful moves, anyways, who will teach Techno Blast to a Pokémon since no smeargle exists.

Years
  • Heal Block was removed? So much for Kompetitive balance I suppose. It might not have been widely used however there were plenty of healing move styles that could be thwarted by it at the right time. Rest, Roost, Recover, Leech Seed, etc.

There are also several Bug moves on the list like Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Spider Web, Twin Needle and Heal Order. I don't understand really. I suppose I can understand it more than I can understand others enjoying that all these moves are gone though.

Years
  • Rest in peace Hidden Power. Unown couldn't have made it all this way without you.

Also extending my condolences to the following: Return, Pursuit, Heal Order, Flame Burst, Magnet Bomb, Mirror Shot, Heal Block, Signal Beam, Needle Arm, Frustration, Magnitude, Feint Attack, Jump Kick, Heart Stamp, Double Slap, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Steamroller, Ice ball, Sky Uppercut, Spider Web, Foresight, Odor Sleuth, Psywave, Bubble, Sonic Boom, Dragon Rage, Miracle Eye, Grass Whistle, Spike Cannon, Mub Bomb, Rock Climb, Assist, Wake-up Slap, Twineedle, Clamp, Barrier, and Rage.

I know like the list is long, but I don't think that some of them get the attention they deserve.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Whats funny about them when someone try to save edit anyway to add these moves, a description would say

This move cant be used.
    Its recommended that this move is forgotten.
    Once forgotten, this move cant be remembered

Curiosity kills the cat if whenever this moves will work or not if people were to test them in battle

Actually, its more disabled and cant be used at all thought some of them may have their original descriptions. There are a lot more than this list it seems

Last edited:
    Back