• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] REPEL USE !!!

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
    Straight to the point !!!

can anyone tell me if there is anyway We can use a repel by running a script...
    for eg, if I talk to a man and the repel is activated...
    what basically I am asking is,
    if there is anyway to activate the repel or super repel or max repel use withouth actually usuing a repel....
    also is there any way to make not battling for 100 steps or so on ???

Hoping for replies !!!

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, get a FR IDB, open it in IDA, search for repel, find the script, modify it, same with 100 steps.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Repoint the script at 08083100 to your new script.

In your new script, checkitem for repels you want to use. Setvar 0x4020 the amount of steps for the repel to be active. It's that easy, no need to use external ASM and further changes. :)

Setting var 0x4020 to the amount of repel steps is also useful for other things, because a Pokemon can't be encountered while it's not zero. Though it's decremented when you take a step, anway.

Years
    Setting var 0x4020 to the amount of repel steps is also useful for other things, because a Pokemon can't be encountered while it's not zero.

Actually it can when it has higher level than the one your party leading poke has.
    Don't mind that remark tho. I'm just bored.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
    You might find something by looking into how the BW repel system was done.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
    Searched this whole thread and posts already... no working information
    :(

Repoint the script at 08083100 to your new script.

In your new script, checkitem for repels you want to use. Setvar 0x4020 the amount of steps for the repel to be active. It's that easy, no need to use external ASM and further changes. :)

Setting var 0x4020 to the amount of repel steps is also useful for other things, because a can't be encountered while it's not zero. Though it's decremented when you take a step, anway.
    I tried this method already but seems like not working ....

Actually it can when it has higher level than the one your party leading poke has.
    Don't mind that remark tho. I'm just bored.
    It must be the case to setvar command..... any else method ???

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    It is working, that's the way we did it in the community hack. You are probably doing something incorrectly.

1) Make your repel script
    2) Compile it in the ROM
    3) Instead of giving the address to an NPC in A-map write the address in "reverse-hex", without adding +1, to 0x8083100

Back