• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Repel's effect wore off! Use another?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I think it's a nice touch, though I rarely ever use Repels haha. But yes, it's the little things that count, and I know this is a nice new addition, especially for those that actually do put Repels to good use. :)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Like people have mentioned above this new feature is one of the best that was added. I love it, it saves a good bit of time.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • How Can you ever go back to the older games now?

The designers assuming that you want to use two or more repels in a row?

I love exploring new areas. Sometimes, random encounters disrupt that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's about time an objective improvement occured. I actually put repels alone in the bag's free space slot before I realised they'd added this. They're still there though since digging for the first one would otherwise still be a chore... I think repel would be best as a permanent key item one can toggle between active or not.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2013
    Absolutely freaking amazing. The only way forward from here is setting an automatic system whereby you're not even prompted to use a Repel (i.e. the game does it for you).

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2015
    I love this! Though once I've pressed yes by accident and wasted a repel. I am determined not to do so again! (I will probably will)

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • This is a new feature that surfaced in B2W2, when a repel runs out if you have more of the repel you are using, the game will prompt you whether to use another one or not with a Yes or No box. IIRC this didn't happen in BW and I was wondering if anyone else picked up on this? I personally think it's a nifty little feature that saves some time when travelling through caves or grassy areas.

I like that and the "move" feature on the Pokemon holding items

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • Such a subtle, but such an effective feature that I hope they keep in the games.
    Just because you said that, they're bound to take it out. xD

I only use Repels in certain areas, usually getting through areas I can get through quickly so I don't get to use this feature too often. The idea, and actual use, are pure <3, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • When this happened to me the first time I immediately think THANK YOU GAME FREAK THIS MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BEST ADD ON YET. Seriously, it's very very small, but it saves us a ton of annoyance, especially for me because I don't even battle normal wild Pokemon for EXP anymore! I usually battle Audinos which appear in shaking grass and when that happens wild Pokemon encounters get cancelled out.

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
    Years
  • I agree with almost everyone else here, i love the feature so far. In a game that is there first sequel they had to find ways to justify a second game without a whole lot of changes to the game, and this one payed off i believe!
    Repels are a must with the amount that Team Plasma has you running around in this game

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Yeah it is very useful and it helps you get through the caves a lot quicker

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • This feature is so simple yet amazing, along with the "move" hold items. Probably should have been implemented years ago but hey-ho I'm just happy they've done it now :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Now I didn't know about the move option for held items, again that saves time too. It's the little things that make a big difference sometimes.

Back