• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hey Maruno, Do you have a timeframe for when the next update is?
    When it's done.

Updated my game to v16.1 and noticed that there seems to be an offset for all tiles placed on layer 3, leaving a gap a few pixels tall on the bottom and right of the tile. It looks like these tiles are being shifted up and to the left some.
    That's known. It occurs when you play at a really high zoom level. Short of getting deep into the renderer, my advice is to live with it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've been getting this error everytime i look at a pokemon in the editor but exit ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `saveda' for nil:NilClass

Editor2 #####:1240:in `pbPokemonEditor'

Editor2 #####:1056:in `pbListScreenBlock'

Editor:1297:in `loop'

Editor:1322:in `pbListScreenBlock'

Editor2 #####:1056:in `pbPokemonEditor'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain #####:85:in `loop'

EditorMain #####:279:in `pbEditorMenu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Fenris\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That bug has already been reported. If you know what to do, you can fix it yourself - it should be obvious what to type.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    I'm not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but whenever I catch a Pokemon that has multiple forms, like say Unown or Pumpkaboo, the captured Pokemon reverts to the first form upon being sent to the PC. Catching things like an Extra Large Pumpkaboo or an S Unown will give me a Small Pumpkaboo and an A Unown.

Years
  • I'm not sure if this has been reported yet or not, but whenever I catch a Pokemon that has multiple forms, like say Unown or Pumpkaboo, the captured Pokemon reverts to the first form upon being sent to the PC. Catching things like an Extra Large Pumpkaboo or an S Unown will give me a Small Pumpkaboo and an A Unown.

This is a known bug, and is caused by how he handled Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion. It should be fixed soon.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2018
    I have been having problems with the Double Battle Bug. My game never crashes due to this but I want to take care of this problem instead of not being able to add Double Battles with Tag Partners to my story line.

Here is the error message:
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_Battle:1378:in `pbSwitch'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1370:in `pbSwitch'
    PokeBattle_Battle:3938:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2656:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2655:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2655:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2637:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2660:in `pbStartBattleCore' [/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Like many others, this error only occurs when the Tag Partner tries to switch out (due to their Pokemon fainting).

I have not messed with scripts at all and have even downloaded Essentials 16.1 to my game.

Please let me know (or provide a link) to what I need to do to make these Double Tag Battles work correctly.

Thank you

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    My opponent can use Healing items during battle but when I do, this shows up each and every time:

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_Battle:1576:in `pbRegisterItem'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2757:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2712:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2802:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2701:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2701:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2649:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2648:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2648:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2638:in `loop'

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Hello, who can help me please?

When I compiled my game, this error appear:
    NVFTsdK.png

sprite error? please

Backburner26

Pokemon Lavender Spirit Creator
    Years
  • My opponent can use Healing items during battle but when I do, this shows up each and every time:

PokeBattle_Battle:1576:in `pbRegisterItem'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2757:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2712:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2802:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2701:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2701:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2649:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2648:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2648:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2638:in `loop'

Maruno said that this bug is going to be fixed in the next patch, we just gotta wait.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Bug: If Amaura with Refrigerate use Ancientpower(rock type), it's not very effective vs Sealeo(Ice/Water)

Other bug: If you put an event (with Player Touch or Event Touch) on the water tileset, the event does not work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2019
    There's a weird glitch that happens when standing on the left-most tile of a map that causes the player to be drawn above the trees.

You should be able to reproduce it just by standing on the tile shown in the image, on the left edge of Lappet Town.

It's really bothering me.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      14.5 KB · Views: 17
    Years
  • Bug: If Amaura with Refrigerate use Ancientpower(rock type), it's not very effective vs Sealeo(Ice/Water)

To fix this bug it's enough to replace the old def with the following section:
    Code:
      def pbModifyType(type,attacker,opponent)
        if type>0
          if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:NORMALIZE)
            type=getConst(PBTypes,:NORMAL) || 0
          end
        elsif type==0
          if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:AERILATE)
            type=getConst(PBTypes,:FLYING) || 0
            @powerboost=true
          elsif attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:REFRIGERATE)
            type=getConst(PBTypes,:ICE) || 0
            @powerboost=true
          elsif attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:PIXILATE)
            type=getConst(PBTypes,:FAIRY) || 0
            @powerboost=true
          end
        end
        return type
      end

Other bug: If you put an event (with Player Touch or Event Touch) on the water tileset, the event does not work.

There is a thread already solved, here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360311&highlight=event+touch+trigger+water

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2016
    Sorry in advance if either of these were mentioned.

-Player Name Bug?
    Not exactly sure if this is considered a bug, but in the intro script, the player name shouldn't be visible until the intro is done/you spawn in game. I couldn't figure out how to fix that yet/hide the player name/re-show later. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but it seems like that should not happen.

-Speech/Menu Frame Bug
    There is a problem with the Speech Frame, and Menu Frame not setting properly. I'm aware there was a "fix" posted before, however it still doesn't work. The Frames do not get set upon login, they appear as the defaults still, until you open the options menu after logging in.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    More bugs:

-Mean Look (error message infinity)

-Embargo (You still under the effect of Embargo, if you try to use an item, you lose that item even if it was not allowed to use it.)

-Normal Gem don't work with Explosion ( Or it does not have message)

-Encore (If you are under the effect of Encore in a double battle, your two pokemon have the same moves)

-Riolu ability Prankster with Copycat + Roar bug:
    Turn 1
    Riolu used Copycat (copy Roar)
    Charizard went out of the field (for Roar attack)
    Sealeo entered to the field and used Wing Attack (It was the move that Charizard was going to use in this turn)

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    -Player Name Bug?
    Not exactly sure if this is considered a bug, but in the intro script, the player name shouldn't be visible until the intro is done/you spawn in game. I couldn't figure out how to fix that yet/hide the player name/re-show later. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but it seems like that should not happen.
    The player's name isn't visible unless you put it there. It's not there in the example intro that comes with Essentials, so whatever you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

-Speech/Menu Frame Bug
    There is a problem with the Speech Frame, and Menu Frame not setting properly. I'm aware there was a "fix" posted before, however it still doesn't work. The Frames do not get set upon login, they appear as the defaults still, until you open the options menu after logging in.
    This is a bit vague, and I'm not sure what you mean. When the game starts, it takes the choice of frames from the save file, if it exists. If there's no save file, it'll use the default frames. Maybe that's your problem.

Where? Don't be snappy when you could be descriptive instead. Is it when the move is used, or when an affected Pokémon tries to switch? What exactly happens?

-Encore (If you are under the effect of Encore in a double battle, your two pokemon have the same moves)
    Really? I see no evidence of that in the code. Try to describe exactly what you see, and don't make assumptions about what it might mean. Which of your Pokémon was Encored, the first or the second? Is the "copied" moveset always the one known by the Pokémon that is Encored, or always your first Pokémon, or whatever? Is the different moveset for the other Pokémon just a graphical glitch? Will choosing a move cause that exact move to be used (by whom?), or will the corresponding move that is actually known by the Pokémon be used instead?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Where? Don't be snappy when you could be descriptive instead. Is it when the move is used, or when an affected Pokémon tries to switch? What exactly happens?

That happens when wild Misdreavus use Mean Look (before Mewtwo used Seismic Toss):
    Spoiler:

Message: undefined method `pbHasType' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x1064f1a8>
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6658:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2734:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2690:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2690:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3178:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3158:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3181:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3377:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3376:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3376:in `pbProcessTurn'
    And the error message is repeated 8 times. (Mean Look have 8 PPs)

Really? I see no evidence of that in the code. Try to describe exactly what you see, and don't make assumptions about what it might mean. Which of your Pokémon was Encored, the first or the second? Is the "copied" moveset always the one known by the Pokémon that is Encored, or always your first Pokémon, or whatever? Is the different moveset for the other Pokémon just a graphical glitch? Will choosing a move cause that exact move to be used (by whom?), or will the corresponding move that is actually known by the Pokémon be used instead?

I am going to try to remember since it happened:

It's a double battle with a Trainer.
    I used Sylveon and Charizard. (In this order)

In the first turn, the enemy used Encore to Charizard (with Wing Attack)
    In the second turn, with Sylveon, I entered to the moves menu (Wish, Swift, Moon Blast and Draining Kiss). No problem there. But when I am going to choose the Charizard's moves, there appear the same moves that Sylveon has. (Wish, Swift, Moon Blast and Draining Kiss), but Charizard attacks with Wing Attack.

I think that it was a graphical glitch as you say. There is no error message in this.

PD: Sorry for my english, It is difficult to me to explain to me.

Years
  • More bugs:

-Embargo (You still under the effect of Embargo, if you try to use an item, you lose that item even if it was not allowed to use it.)

-Normal Gem don't work with Explosion ( Or it does not have message)

-Riolu ability Prankster with Copycat + Roar bug:
    Turn 1
    Riolu used Copycat (copy Roar)
    Charizard went out of the field (for Roar attack)
    Sealeo entered to the field and used Wing Attack (It was the move that Charizard was going to use in this turn)
    I'm trying to solve every error.
    1) Into class PokeBattle_Move_0EF, replace all pbHasType with pbHasType?
    2) In PokeBattle_Scene, after pbConsumeItemInBattle($PokemonBag,ret) if ret>0, add this: && @battle.battlers[index].effects[PBEffects::Embargo]==0
    3) Into class PokeBattle_Move_0E0, after @battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,nil), add damage=pbCalcDamage(attacker,attacker)
    I'm currently testing 4 and 5.

Last edited:
    Back