• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Republican 2012 Candidates

Years
    That logic is absurd! By that logic, if you get attacked on the street by someone who happens to work at McDonald's, McDonald's is responsible for your injuries.

You really didn't address or try to make a rebuttal to anything said by that graph/post. It's Paul's fault. That's really all there is to it.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    That logic is absurd! By that logic, if you get attacked on the street by someone who happens to work at McDonald's, McDonald's is responsible for your injuries.

You Freaky, have just pissed me off. You should know that I'm the only one around here who is allowed to twist logic to make stupid claims.

Anyway, no. Just no.

Was the attack commited in the name of Mcdonalds and did Mcdonalds profit off of it? No.

Guess what? The article was published under Paul's name, AND he profited from it.

This is the whole issue. It was published in a newsletter that he writes. He said that he didn't know about it. It was using his name, and if he is telling the truth, that means he didn't give care enough about his name and honor to ensure that whatever was being published under his name was something that he actually agreed with.

If he doesn't care enough about his name, I wonder what things he will not care for if he gets elected President? Personally, I don't want a president with a "I don't care about what my name is used for." attitude.

Edit - As for the Iowan caucus, its not a good reprsentation of what the nation wants, as a whole. Iowa is mainly isolationist and is considered, by some, to be far right.

Last edited:
    Years
    So it looks like Romney slipped past Santorum (snicker) by 8 votes in the Iowa caucus, making him the winner, but the lack of a large margin of victory is probably not good news for anyone except Obama since the party that dithers on who it nominates tends not to do so well in the general election.

Years
    I've actually watched a good chunk of it while I was playing Saints Row the Third. The fact that Romney and Santorum were only separated by that many votes is amazing. I think I actually know about 8 people IRL.

And just a while ago, Michele Bachmann called it quits after she only got 5% of the Iowa vote. That might be bad news for Romney because he needs her to split the conservative vote.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Rick Perry went back to Texas to "reassess his campaign". It seems we are down to five after Iowa, although now it seems even less likely to be a walk in the park for anybody or even a close head-to-head between two candidates. As Mario said, Bachmann leaving will damage Romney, and Santorum has yet to survive the full ad treatment, since he seemingly came out of nowhere and people weren't paying attention to him before unlike pretty much everybody else, who leaded the polls at least once and got attacked by all their rivals.

Meanwhile, Obama is rising in the polls, but there is still a long way to go to November.

Years
    Wow, I'm getting Harper ads here. @~@;;;

Anyways Mitt Romney won by 8 votes? xDDD

Damn that just tells you EVERY. VOTE. COUNTS.

Anyways this just breathed life to Rick Santorum's campaign, still I can't really say I approve of the guy. >_>

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Bachman is out. Anyone remember what I said earlier in this thread? Dick waving contest.

Edit - Wonder who her supporters will go to?

Still, the arrogance of Paul and his supporters is astounding. Know why? (Pulled this from a aticle. Haven't confirmed it yet, but posting anyways.)

To hear the Paul people tell it, their guy is now the chief alternative to Mitt Romney. Mr. Santorum is "a dead end," according to a piece posted on Paul's national website.

I'm not going to point it out for you. You should be able to see the arrogant part yourself.

Here's the story I pulled it from.
    https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Polit...ucus-results-Where-does-Ron-Paul-go-from-here

Also, something else. Guess what? Paul doesn't even see himself winning the election. Essentially, with that, he admits that he is only here to screw other canadiates out of supporters.

Ere link.
    https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politi...ul-see-himself-in-the-oval-office-not-really/

Last edited:
    Years
    Well it's definitely Obama vs. Romney now. Mitt Romney just has too much momentum now.

Romney Wins N.H. Primary

It's just the first Republican primary. But a convincing win in New Hampshire would give Mitt Romney considerable momentum in his quest toward the GOP nomination.

NPR has declared Romney the winner in New Hampshire. Initial precinct returns showed him well ahead of his next-closest competitors, Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman.

If Romney's final margin is more than 20 percent, it would erase many doubts about his ultimate chances, says Charlie Arlinghaus, who directs the Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy, a free-market think tank in Concord, N.H.

"Romney's greatest strength is the inevitability argument," Arlinghaus says. "Expectations had declined to the point where people were wondering if Romney was in trouble. But if he finishes over 40 percent, he's going to be hard to beat."

But yeah, even the polling projects that he will take South Carolina since Gingrich and Santorum are eating each other's votes. So after that it's pretty much wrapped up.

So we go thru the kabuki, Romney gets the nom, and then Mittens & Obama spend rest of election trying to out-moderate each other.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Except his margin is under 17%, and Paul and Huntsman together still beat him.

He's taken the lead, but everyone was taking his NH win by granted so this isn't that big of an earthquake as he still isn't showing the strenght all analysts said he'd need to wrap the nomination up already. We'll see what happens in two weeks in Carolina- if he does win, that will be a huge punch to the race. If he doesn't though, everything will still be open.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I consider myself a conservative, but I'm rooting from Obama in the presidential election. However, in a worst case scenario, should he lose, I'd like rather he lose to Huntsman. I think he's the smartest, most qualified, progressive, and...normal Republican running. And yet he's trailing. If he were to win the nomination, I would still want Obama to win re-election. But, it'd be some very interesting debates between the two of them.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    I laughed my ass off when I read that Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, and Huntsman(meh not him as much as the others) were disqualified from the Virginia primary due to not following the requirements set out by the state's primary regulations. Let's hope that they are not able to appeal the decision by March!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years

I can predict right now just what other candidates are going to drop out.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Remember what I said couple days ago? Well...

Huntsman has dropped out. Just like I predicted.

Only 3 more to go.

Years
    Romney/Huntsman is going to be the GOP ticket, that's why he's endorsing Romney.

It's still Obama/Biden is it not?

A Romney/Huntsman ticket is very intriguing. Should be a much closer election this time.

Also BREAKING NEWS!
    "New Colbert SuperPAC Ad Encourages SC To Vote For 'Herman Cain' (Stephen Colbert)"

Stephen Colbert wasn't able to get his name on the ballot in South Carolina despite polling at around 5% (better than Jon Huntsman!) down there, mostly because he didn't even try. This is a problem for the SuperPAC that has definitely nothing to do with him, but they found a solution: find another name on the ballot no one is actually campaigning under, and squish Colbert in there. To that end, here is an (Non-)ColbertPAC ad endorsing "Herman Cain."

This is just lulz worthy.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Sooo...

Turns out Romney LOST Iowa by 34 votes. (A recount.)

Perry has dropped out and is endorsing Gengrich.

And Gengrich is closing in on Romney in SC. Romney no longer has a large lead.

With Perry dropping out, just two more before my prediction is proven correct.

Years
    Back