• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
  • Yay! Finally... I have been hoping this to happen for a looong time. I hope it doesn?t come back. People will just start giving it out for no reason again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Ah, so that's why I couldn't see people's huge, gigantic lines of green blocks XD
    Hope you can sort it out *thumbs up*

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I am glad! I will admit. I had bad rep because i couln't shut my mouth...i have learned to shut my mouth....And if it does come back....I am hoping it starts over with everyone at the same amount of rep...I think this is a good choice by the staff. Good Job...and Like i said if it comes back i think you should have eveyone start over at the same amount of rep.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
  • I Don't Know What To Think About This Really. XD I'll Admit, I Did Like It. It Was Kinda Fun To See The Statements When You Hovered Your Mouse Over Your Rep. XD But I Guess It Was Being Abused..? o.o;

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • I knew right from the start when I joined this place that the system is going to be subject to abuse. I always felt that reputation is just another gauge for what somebody on deviantART called in a deviation of his'/her's: the "Big P***s Syndrome" (censored due to presence of minors). Even if you have a high level of reputation, it doesn't necessary mean that you are a member that has contributed a lot to this community; it's more or less just a show-off.

Glad to see that it's off, and I support the decision of the higher staff in doing this.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    marillmonster2000 said:
    I Don't Know What To Think About This Really. XD I'll Admit, I Did Like It. It Was Kinda Fun To See The Statements When You Hovered Your Mouse Over Your Rep. XD But I Guess It Was Being Abused..? o.o;
    i agree with this statement. rep was fun. i liked giving people rep and getting rep always makes you at least a little bit happy (in a weird way). i dunno, i guess i'll sorta miss it, but if it means people won't be abusing PC as much, then i'm for it.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Awwright!! Reps are gone. Finally, abusing stops, and members that are great but not recognized by others will have a proper chance to shine. =]

Nice one, I'm all for it.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I didn't really look at the reputation anyway (that's kind of like only buying movies that Ebert and Roeper gave two thumbs up to), but it's still a good thing it's off. Reputations can lead alot of people astray as to who'se posts to read and who'se to ignore. Especially since it was so easy to abuse (people bad repped others because they didn't agree with something the person said).

That happened to me, and the person didn't even have the common courtesy to identify themself or give a reason for it. I think it should stay off for awhile to give people a chance to get a 'real' reputation, based on what others think about them, and not on a button that one or two people clicked.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Ha. I don't know whether to be with or against this.

You should see my rep tho, people almost always bad repped me saying stuff like "heh aleck" or "why do you like guys???"

so I dunno. I honestly found it funny <3

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    I didn't really look at the reputation anyway (that's kind of like only buying movies that Ebert and Roeper gave two thumbs up to), but it's still a good thing it's off. Reputations can lead alot of people astray as to who'se posts to read and who'se to ignore. Especially since it was so easy to abuse (people bad repped others because they didn't agree with something the person said).

That happened to me, and the person didn't even have the common courtesy to identify themself or give a reason for it. I think it should stay off for awhile to give people a chance to get a 'real' reputation, based on what others think about them, and not on a button that one or two people clicked.

Just the point I'm trying to say and prove. Reps make other people look bad in a way.

And Greed, looks like some guys've been discriminating ... in a way o_o;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Meh, I'm probably placing myself in the minority by saying that I actually liked the reputation system. It wasn't as much the green blocks that I liked about it as the comments from the reppers. They kind of told me what people did and didn't like about me, you know? But I can't speak for the others on this thread and I'm not a staff member so I probably don't have a full view of the situation.

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Like others have said, I'm one of those who enjoyed the rep system; it was a bit fun and all. I'll miss it, but as long as this takes care of the abusing problem, then I'm for it. I'll just have to deal without it. xP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back