• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Alter Ego said:
    Meh, I'm probably placing myself in the minority by saying that I actually liked the reputation system. It wasn't as much the green blocks that I liked about it as the comments from the reppers. They kind of told me what people did and didn't like about me, you know?
    I agree it felt good to get a positive comment and the bad comments tell you if you've done something bad so you won't make the same mistake again.

Years
  • For those of you who read the Unknown Reputation thread in CQ&F, you will know what I'm talking about.

I am the one who caused the bubble to burst. Please feel free to take away my privileges, warn me, or even ban me if I have indeed caused so much trouble around here. But please don't take away the entire forum's rep just because of me. I heart PC and CANNOT stand knowing that the entire forum has been made a duller place just because of me. I am deeply sorry... just make it possible for every member to see who has repped them to avoid such incidents in the future... but, please... I cannot stand knowing I've caused this forum so much harm... mae it possible for people to completly disable recieving rep from others, if that would help too... but don't do all of this just because someone as reckless as me blew it all...

I've never bad repped anyone, and always returned good rep when I was badly repped... I was just trying to put an end to all the bad rep flaming and raise spirits around here... please forgive me... and if you don't, then please don't take it out on the entire forum, just because of me... T_T

Years
  • Well, I knew that it was only a matter of time before the rep system is gone from here.

I'm kind of torn over this because I like having the rep system, but I'm not a big fan of idiots abusing it and having the problem come down to this.

I guarantee we will NEVER have the Rep system back here EVER again.

Years
  • Mario The World Champion said:
    Well, I knew that it was only a matter of time before the rep system is gone from here.

I'm kind of torn over this because I like having the rep system, but I'm not a big fan of idiots abusing it and having the problem come down to this.

I guarantee we will NEVER have the Rep system back here EVER again.
    Oookay then... tch, now that it's such a sure thing, I feel... "furfilled"...

I think I might actually leave PC by myself, knowing that tha damage I've done is irreversible... but even then, I won't get over it. -_-

Kira

Style Guru
    Years
  • I'm both for and against it, the good thing is that it can't be abused, but there are other ways O.O Yeah, and the bad thing is that you can't really show somebody that you liked his/her post etc. etc.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • How come I am only seeing people without/with bad rep, bashing rep? And weren't always the staff like:

Ah rep doesn't mather anyways... And now you turn it off?

Oh... Yea I am for rep! XD

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
  • Reputation is gone? Omg I didn't even notich this! I will agree that it was fun and stuff, but since it was being abused I think it was for the best to shut it down. I don't mind, even though I kinda liked it, but the admins are the ones who will decide so I'm ok with this.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Rep's over rated anyway IMO, who cares that it's gone?

though I will miss it

Years
  • Yay! I was waiting for this.
    I really got pissed by members bad repping for staing my opinion and also for mods bad repping me back, whenever I disagreed with their posts (AKA gave them bad rep).

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Wow :o

This does not surprise me at all. Mabye it will stop now.

Something tells me that more than half of PC are happy about this.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Tetsuya-san said:
    Due to a lot of reputation abuse that can not be handled, the higher staff have all agreed on disabling the reputation system. We find that it gets abused more and more each day, by anyone.

But, the thing is, this may only be a trial. It might come back, it might not. No estimated timeframe will be given.

Correction...the majority of us agreed on it...we didn't all agree on it...

But, I suppose your judgement is wise, Tetsuya-san.

Tee hee, wow...>_O;;

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    yeh these 2 mods kept bad repping me
    im not mentioning any names :cheeky:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back