• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
  • Suki said:
    yeh these 2 mods kept bad repping me
    im not mentioning any names :cheeky:

I would mention one but they would ban me. Not fair, mods are suppose to be good people not Jack*****

Kurosaki

Correction...the majority of us agreed on it...we didn't all agree on it...

Tee hee, wow...>_O;;
    D, refrain from doing that. It is a form of bashing, minor, but still a form >>

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I'm only going to make one statement here. Removing, or leaving, or modifying the reputation system will have no real effect on the goings on of PC. I understand that some might not be able to see the reason in this, but it's what I percieve to be fact. I don't care either way, but I'm just mystified as to why the staff devoted the effort neccisary to do something that had no effect on the forums.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Rep abuse? Everyone will get it eventually! Like everyone gets spam and annoying idiot n00bs. It's just something that happens! I know I speak for many people when they say that they are proud of thier rep and many love the comments others make when they rep them. And I'm sure that normal rep> rep abuse. I just dont get it! :\ It's upsetting to me put w/e....staff knows best I guess o_o

Years
  • Well it's too bad.. I'm really dissapointed.. I'm leaving PC... and I'm not coming back until the reps are back. I dont care about your comments nor do I have to explain myself. I'll be back when the reputation system is back. Bye.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • This is disappointing to me. I thought the system was pretty cool. I thought it did a great job informing Noobs of rules being broken. A simple post informing Noobs of what they've done wrong won't do the same job because they will probably just ignore it. Also, I'm a custom spriter and it was always nice seeing some good rep after I spent hours working on a new project. Sure, rep abuse happens to everyone. NOTHING...absolutely nothing is perfect. There will always be stupid immature members out there to screw things up. For the most part though, I liked the system. And I would have to say that people that seemed to have high rep deserved it, and people that had bad rep deserved it :\

Guest123_x1

I'm really glad this "useless" feature has been turned off. I really had no reason to use it in the first place. It seems like people with similar amount of posts have entirely different rep points.
    Are all the rep points deleted along with the shutoff? I really hope the system never returns. I ended up getting bad rep several times and decided to turn it off in my User CP.
    I didn't notice the systemwide enforcement until now.

ottermi619,
    Hopefully those trolls won't be so trolly now that it's gone.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Yeah....it was nice to know that you can make someone feel good for something that they did. It also made you feel good if someone thinks you did something nice. Rep kinda showed how people think of you. If they didn't like that, of course they can disable it. But then again, you can PM them, but that would just lead to PM clogging....and how could you inform someone on something that offened you or something without being openly flamming? What if you dont want that person to know who you are? W/o rep, I think that there will be a flame problem later on....but thats IMO...

P.S If you didnt like rep...disable it....

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    *huggles rep*

Poor rep, where will it live now.. :(

:nervous:

I hope this does some good, although I miss having the blocks..They where pretty.

Kurosaki

Rep is gone, and that's that. Stop moaning, would ya? Don't you think we discussed the positive and negative points first? If you think we didn't, think again. And if a member is gonna be immature enough to leave over rep, I honestly could care less. >>

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • It's also disappointing to see that some "High Staff" didn't agree with the decision. I just hope that there was no strong-arming in this matter, and that the staff did indeed agree on this...

And if a member is gonna be immature enough to leave over rep, I honestly could care less.

Good to see mods care about their members so much ^^ :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Rep lost it's true purpose long ago, you say that it helped the n00bs learn when they made mistakes, right? Well two things wrong with that, one, no one ever uses it the way it should be used really...and two, a n00b wouldn't care to look at their CP really. And they wouldn't know what they did wrong no matter how much you explain it to them. If you're a spirter, read the thread then. If people have enough time to reply to a thread with rep, then they have enough to reply to the thread with a post. That way everyone can see, not just you.

And we're not really doing this just because of the reputation abuse. Look how many unneeded threads are made in Q&F over rep, look how many members think that someone with a higher amount of rep has more say in things. Most people with higher rep got it from their friends or at random, don't fool yourselves into thinking that you earned it. In blunt truth very few people still give out rep the way it should be given. The last maybe...ten rep points that I got weren't for posts that really needed it. It was nice and all, but did I earn it? No, not at all, people just give it out at random for their friends most of the time.

If you want to leave over rep, then leave, but it shouldn't be what keeps you coming back to PC. You're here for the fun of it, for posting and making friends, not to watch a little green bar grow each and every day. Rep showed what your friends thought of you most of the time. I can't really remember the last time I got a rep that was really earned, most rep is just given for the Hell of it.

Of course you can just tell someone to disable it, so what? You still get the nasty little comments. It may not show up, but the comments still get through, and if you're ever to turn it back up, that negative rep will show up.

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    I don't really care either way, I never even recieved any rep yet. Also, IMO, it just showed popularity. The more known you were, the more rep you had. I bet few people actually recieved reputation for a notable post, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • well i hope its soon...REP helps me find my friends like the red ppl are NOT good ppl and the green ARE good ppl...I just always thought REP was a good thing. and if you have bad rep just TURN IT OFF is that really all that hard to do?

Kurosaki

At least let people complain without biting their heads off for opposing the decision, David o_O;
    It'd be easier if they didn't act like PC revolved around the rep system. What I meant to say is 'you can complain all you want but rep will never go back to the same system' XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kasanai Tsumi said:
    well i hope its soon...REP helps me find my friends like the red ppl are NOT good ppl and the green ARE good ppl...I just always thought REP was a good thing. and if you have bad rep just TURN IT OFF is that really all that hard to do?
    So, you mean to tell me that depending on how you rep a person you're either a good or bad person youself? Nice to know... And like I said before in my last post, all that turning rep off does is make it so that the public can't see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back