• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I agree. Lots of rules are too vauge. If the staff are to punish people for certain behavior it only makes sense that they person be on notice of exactly what is not allowed.
    How are any of the rules too vague? They're simple, and straight to the point. Each rule has an elaboration, and details on why it's not allowed. Some even have ways to avoid the possible infractions for breaking a rule in the rule itself. It's not that the rules are too vague, it's that too many members don't take the time to read and comprehend the rules in the first place.

Also, staff always inform the member who gets an infraction of their mistake. In fact, we can't submit an infraction until we do so. So I don't know what you're on.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    How are any of the rules too vague? They're simple, and straight to the point. Each rule has an elaboration, and details on why it's not allowed. Some even have ways to avoid the possible infractions for breaking a rule in the rule itself. It's not that the rules are too vague, it's that too many members don't take the time to read and comprehend the rules in the first place.

Also, staff always inform the member who gets an infraction of their mistake. In fact, we can't submit an infraction until we do so. So I don't know what you're on.

For example, I remember one of the forums had a rule against topics "devoid of value that do not create intelligent conversations" now that can be interperted very broadly and in S&M there is a rule for Shoddy battle that says "No Trolling" without explaining what trolling is.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I'm in need of help for the VGC. I'm wanting to use a Palkia but I don't want it to have surf since it is double battles. Here is the set so far.

Palkia@ life orb
    timid/ modest
    252 spatk 252 speed (where should the last 4 go)
    Spacial rend
    thunder
    (some water move besides surf)
    (since it will be a raining i can't use fire blast or flamethrower so I cant decide what to put here)

I am waiting at the shinjoh ruins saved before choosing palkia, so should I use timid or modest?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm in need of help for the VGC. I'm wanting to use a Palkia but I don't want it to have surf since it is double battles. Here is the set so far.

Palkia@ life orb
    timid/ modest
    252 spatk 252 speed (where should the last 4 go)
    Spacial rend
    thunder
    (some water move besides surf)
    (since it will be a raining i can't use fire blast or flamethrower so I cant decide what to put here)

I am waiting at the shinjoh ruins saved before choosing palkia, so should I use timid or modest?

Use Hydro Pump in third slot and Draco Meteor in the last slot. Aura Sphere is acceptable in last slot if you want to hit S.Def Dialga more consistently, but Draco Meteor is that powerful its hard to pass up.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    can or should a zapdos be bulky
    cause i caught one with a bold nature and wondering if it could be of any use at all?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • can or should a zapdos be bulky
    cause i caught one with a bold nature and wondering if it could be of any use at all?
    Zapdos' main set is a defensive set, and uses bold nature, which means you're in luck. This is the best set that utilizes it.

145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Roost
    - Hidden Power (Grass/Ice)
    - Heat Wave/Roar

If you can't work Hidden Power of any of those two types (it's highly recommended that you do), probably use Roar instead of that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I'm running a T-Tar D-Dancer (Jolly)
    I can give him 29 IV's now. Is that good enough, or should I keep breeding to get 31?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • 29 is probably good enough (I assume you mean in speed), since the odds of finding one with 30 or 31 probably won't happen too often.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Depends, do you want to speed tie with Scarf Tyranitar (31), or outrun +nature Starmie, Azelf, and Raikou (30)? If you don't care about those, then it doesn't matter.

Izzy_

Breeder-in-Training
    Years
  • I'm thinking of using this Linoone.

Linoone @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252Spd, 252Atk
    Moves:
    Belly Drum
    Shadow Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Return

His purpose would be to Belly Drum to max attack and sweep everything that he can before getting taken out. The Leftovers are supposed to extend his lifespan by however long they can

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I'm thinking of using this Linoone.

His purpose would be to Belly Drum to max attack and sweep everything that he can before getting taken out. The Leftovers are supposed to extend his lifespan by however long they can

That linoone is outclassed by Belly Drum + Salac Berry since a +6 ES kills everything it would normally have to worry about.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
  • Normal Team, consider one for me? (:

I am looking for a normal type team, preferably with pokemon with/is:

• Fire-type move
    • Ice-type move
    • Fighting-type move
    • Flying-type move(? can or cannot, I would prefer one)
    • One Ghost-type(? that compliments my normals, preferably tank or Banette)
    • No Arceus or any other Legendary (which is no ubers, although Legend birds, dogs, sprites, are allowed)
    • I won't put (due to other circumstances): Gengar/Azelf, Scizor, Weavile, Garchomp, Magnezone (<= I need to counter those since I wanna beat my friend LOL)
    • Fast pokemon please (: or you can put tanks. But they must be TANKKK Lol .-.

Pokemon I have that I plan to use:

Persian "Lead"
    252Spe, 252Atk, 4HP
    Silk Scarf @ Adamant Technician
    Fake Out
    U-turn
    Return
    Hynosis
    Fake out to start the battle (if a Ghost, simply Hypnosis). Then do Hypnosis, and then do a Return/U-turn (Return spam + Hypnosis repeat if it has low defenses and needs to be killed quickly) (Or U-turn to another pokemon that has moves that can own that pokemon).

Blissey "FatsoIII"
    Ice Beam/ Thunder Bolt

Softboiled
    Thunder Wave
    Something???

Lopunny "Lagging Bunny"
    252Atk, 252HP OR 252Spe?, 4SpD
    Lagging Tail/Flame Orb @ Jolly Klutz
    Fire Punch
    Low Kick/Jump Kick
    Return
    Switcheroo
    Simply Switcheroo, and sweep. Well, try to sweep. And try to survive.

(?) Froslass "Unaffected Suicider"
    Lots o' HP, Ok o' Spe and SpAtk, Little o' Defenses
    Leftovers @ Modest Snow Cloak
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam
    Destiny Bond
    Confuse Ray
    No I am not adding Spikes, I am not breeding what took me forever to get to lvl92. This is a switch in if they want to do Fighting-type attacks to my normal babies. ._." I might switch this pokemon out for another Ghost-type.

Recommend me more please (:
    I am also thinking of a Togekiss o-o

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • We can't build a team for you, you have to have a team of 6 pokemon before we can rate it =(

I understand you need ideas, but this is better off posted in the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A thread, so moving it there~

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • 31 speed ties w/ scarf after one dd?

If they both have the same IVs and EVs then yes, they will tie.

I also have my own question to edit in.

So you may/may not know I'm trying to work on a team to ladder with, I kinda want to try semi-stall since it seems the most viable atm. I am planning on using some form of Suicune that doesn't have Cro- as a prefix. I was wondering what are its big counters aside from stuff named Swampert and Suicune? (I plan on having Toxic Spikes on my team to wear those things down as well). Thanks in advance.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • You've got Vaporeon which walls any Suicune w/o an appropriate HP, Blissey that can wall any Suicune w/o too many CM's under its belt (but these lose to t-spikes, as you probably know). Faster electrics like Jolt and Fapdos also tend to force it out. Depending on whether you run HP Electric or not, Gyarados might also get rid of your boosts rather easily.

@ cookie lovr:
    If you need to get a reliable check to Weavile, Gengar and potentially Azelf, a Scizor can do loads of damage to them with its tech boosted Bullet Punch, so even though your friend is using that, you might consider using it yourself as well, since amongst other things it can pick off a weakened Garchomp with BP doing around 43-50% to it. A Mamoswine might also help, since it has ice priority to fight Chomp, and is able to kill Zone with its other stab EQ. SR breaks sashes and forces stuff like Weavile to take 25% upon entering the field, so having that somewhere on your team might also help.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Trick, Breloom, Roar, T-Bolt and other electrics and sturdy Grass Types are what you want to watch out for.

Oh and getting set up on when you sleep lol

Back