• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i_suicune.gif

Bold Nature

Ivs

HP : 30-31

ATT : X

DEF : 23-24

S.ATT : 25 - 27

S.DEF : 25-27

SPEED : 0-2

Thats good right ? The only reason im asking is because of the speed Iv's. I wont need the speed will i lol? Please remind me if something really important outspeeds me (ill give it a few speed evs to beat CB Tar and Skarm anyway so yeah). :x

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    Hi everyone. I just started building my team so I have a lot to learn. Thankfully, there are some good guides in these forums so newbies like me are less confused with all those numbers and technical terms.

Ok, I have a team in mind but I don't know which nature is best for Venusaur and Blastoise.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    i_suicune.gif

Bold Nature

Ivs

HP : 30-31

ATT : X

DEF : 23-24

S.ATT : 25 - 27

S.DEF : 25-27

SPEED : 0-2

Thats good right ? The only reason im asking is because of the speed Iv's. I wont need the speed will i lol? Please remind me if something really important outspeeds me (ill give it a few speed evs to beat CB Tar and Skarm anyway so yeah). :x
    Suicune's outrun by defensive Gyara (I don't know if that matters unless it Roars Suicune to get rid of your stat boosts), max Speed Adamant Rhyperior (rare lol), and if Suicune has a 2 Speed IV, it speed ties with standard Magnezone.

Hi everyone. I just started building my team so I have a lot to learn. Thankfully, there are some good guides in these forums so newbies like me are less confused with all those numbers and technical terms.

Ok, I have a team in mind but I don't know which nature is best for Venusaur and Blastoise.
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/venusaur + http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/blastoise

Depends on what you're using them for.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    I am going for a SolarBeam Entei but the problem is that i have a Hasty nature (+Speed, -Def). Are there any alternative EV trainings, other than the one mentioned at Smogon? (Search it alone because i am not allows to post any links to other sites unless i have 15 posts :\)

Also what do you think about the "Standard" Entei? (also mentioned in Smogon) It sounds fun, but a little unreliable in an online fight, in my opinion)

If this post is in the wrong place, then i am really sorry...

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I am going for a SolarBeam Entei but the problem is that i have a Hasty nature (+Speed, -Def). Are there any alternative EV trainings, other than the one mentioned at Smogon? (Search it alone because i am not allows to post any links to other sites unless i have 15 posts :\)

Also what do you think about the "Standard" Entei? (also mentioned in Smogon) It sounds fun, but a little unreliable in an online fight, in my opinion)

If this post is in the wrong place, then i am really sorry...

Honestly Entei's Analysis hasn't been updated in a long time (NU sweeper lol). Solarbeam set works well with Sunny Day teams obviously, and honestly having a hasty nature is better than having some sucky nature that doesn't boost your speed. I would go with the same moveset and EVs from Smogon (I guess), you just have to watch out more when switching into physical attacks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Honestly Entei's Analysis hasn't been updated in a long time (NU sweeper lol). Solarbeam set works well with Sunny Day teams obviously, and honestly having a hasty nature is better than having some sucky nature that doesn't boost your speed. I would go with the same moveset and EVs from Smogon (I guess), you just have to watch out more when switching into physical attacks.

What is an "NU sweeper" anyway? Smogon EVs are: 4 Def/ 252Sp.Atk/ 252 Sp

What do you mean to watch out when i switch into physical attacks?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rhydons best sets are CB and Rock Polish TBH.

Rhydon (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Rock Polish
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge

RP up and hurt stuff.

Rhydon (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge / Rock Blast

First slot is mainly a filler, but it does easy up prediction (i.e if they have a Quagsire and something floating and you dont know which one they will switch to, just spam double edge lol) and has no recoil which is cool. Rock Blast breaks subs and OHKO Walrein through a sub.

I guess you could run a support set that is SR/Megahorn or Roar/Rock Blast/EQ.

And Entei's best set is its Cro (Rest/Stalk/Lava Plume or Flamethrower/CM) or Mix set (Stone Edge/Fire Blast/HP Grass/Calm Mind or Return)

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm, this is what I came with

Rhydon @ Leftovers
    252 HP 252 Atk 4 Sp.Def
    Adamant nature
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Double-Edge
    -Megahorn

I have teammates in mind, those I have in mind are Sudowoodo, Relicanth, Cradily and Sandslsh
    Cradily OBVIOUSLY goes in, which leaves me with one slot. Other members are Gardevoir and Ninetales. I was thinking about Magneton but seeing as I already have two special sweepers I think it's enough.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    rivalry or poison point for nidoking?
    Depends, if you're battling on Shoddy, Rivalry can be good since not a lot of people will change their genders. Though, you have to watch out for Pokémon like Chansey who have female set as a gender. Otherwise, Poison Point is more reliable and is best of the two for Wi-Fi.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2010
    Next pokemon to choose?

Right now i have 3 pokemon in my HG team. they are Croconaw, flaffy and espeon. Im planning on getting a miltank. I confused on what to choose for my next pokemon. I know i want a ground type. Im consideing a shuckle but im not sure.
    please help me choose.
    -jack

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Right now i have 3 pokemon in my HG team. they are Croconaw, flaffy and espeon. Im planning on getting a miltank. I confused on what to choose for my next pokemon. I know i want a ground type. Im consideing a shuckle but im not sure.
    please help me choose.
    -jack

First off, Shuckle is Bug/Rock, not ground. In-game teams aren't really rated as anything works in-game if they're high enough level.

So just catch whatever you want (I wouldn't use Shuckle personally in-game as I like to power through stuff instead of walling them) and level it up to at least equal the gym leader's/E4's highest level pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Pokemon Opinion: Rampardos

Hey I was wondering what people thought about Rampardos in terms of using on a team, different strategies with it, and what people think about it in general.

~Sentuk

PyroBolt2

G.I.R. Goofy idiot robot
    Years
  • um i think its ok but one hydro pump can beat the crap out of it and i gave mine a life orb so head smash does even more damage

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Is bibarel a good team member >.<
    his ability is really good and he learns amnesia and curse with his ability that doubles the effect of stat uppage i could set up on a tank and maybe up my stats before they realize its 2 late
    bibarel 252 hp 252 def 4 att
    rest
    curse
    amnesia
    quickattack

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is bibarel a good team member >.<
    his ability is really good and he learns amnesia and curse with his ability that doubles the effect of stat uppage i could set up on a tank and maybe up my stats before they realize its 2 late
    bibarel 252 hp 252 def 4 att
    rest
    curse
    amnesia
    quickattack

lol im back for revenge mwahahaha!!
    please rate

lead spiritomb@choicescarf
    bold
    252hp/164def/94spdef
    trick
    WoW
    destinybond
    taunt

oh and i have learned my lesson, and will u please maybe let me come back to shoddy :( (dont ban me please:(
    )

I give up...seriously. I shouldnt even need to say what is wrong with those two, please shoot me now.

Back