• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm trying to be ambitious and go for the longest streak in the Battle Hall with a Jigglypuff and the Frontier thread in the OP is closed, so I thought I'd ask here for some guidance. I'm thinking of going Specs with Hyper Voice and BoltBeam. 252 Sp atk is a given, but I'm not sure what direction to take with the other 258 EVs. Modest for max Sp. atk, but I'm willing to change if I can be convinced otherwise.

8RstuPId2Y / Jigglypuff @ Choice Specs
    Modest (+ Sp. atk - Atk)
    252 Sp. atk
    ~Hyper Voice
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~

Is basically what I have in mind at the moment. Hyper Voice is definitely staying because STAB, but I'll be willing to ax BoltBeam if better alternatives are given.
    You could use HP Fighting or Shadow Ball. Focus Blast could be used, but the accuracy can be a pain in BF.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
    Need some EV training advice!

So I am SUPER NEW to EV training, and I've read a bunch on it but I'm still not sure about it all and I'm really worried if I missed something and will completely stuff up any effort I put into EV training my pokemon.

My main question I came to ask is that, is it okay to use a max 10 vitamins on a stat at any one time during EV training, or do I get a certain amount of EV's THEN level up? I am soooo confused :x

Also if you have any sites that can be listed around the title of "EV training for DUMMIES" I would appreciate any listings! I'm willing to read walls of text :)

Thank you!

Also, I'm not sure if this is the write board to put it in, sorry if it isn't u_u;;

Uhm, anyone? Anyone at all D:

Last edited:

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    which would be better for a slaking/skill swap team, blissey or slowbro? I was thinking about trying this team out, but I am not sure what I should use. I also need a good moveset for the two (aside from skill swap of course).

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    If Blissey gets Skill Swap she's the better choice, because Slaking will have natural cure to heal status problems.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Nah, Slowbro has Own Tempo to prevent confusion, and if you switch out natural cure will only work once. Unless you plan on paralyzing your opponent with a Serene Grace Body Slam, Own Tempo is the superior choice imo.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    You most likely won't have enough time to get up both screens in LC. Most attackers have Physical and Special moves, its a very fast paced metagame and even not very effective hits can take away up to 25% of your health. But, to answer your question, Bronzor is probably the best candidate.

EDIT:

K, so I made a team and I'm having problems.

Gliscor - Standard lead; SR/Taunt/Roost/EQ
    Skarm - spiker; ww/taunt/spikes/roost
    Raikou - main sweeper, not changin it out, but will change moveset; CM/T-Bolt/S-Ball/HP Ice
    Crobat - not really sure (shuts down walls??); Taunt/BB/Super Fang/Roost
    Gengar - spin blocker; sub/unreliable blast/t-bolt/shadow ball
    Slowbro - Machamp lead counter and another physical wall; toxic/slack off/surf/ice beam

I basically have a big metagame weak. I feel like Slowbro isn't doing anything besides dying really fast/not helping me. Gengar is far too frail, I might to SubSplit Rotom. Crobat isn't really doing anything other than being fun to use.

HALP!

Big 3 Problems: Latias (offensive), Mence (pretty much all of them x_x), Gyarados (you'd think I could stop him with slowbro and skarm but no).

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    You most likely won't have enough time to get up both screens in LC. Most attackers have Physical and Special moves, its a very fast paced metagame and even not very effective hits can take away up to 25% of your health. But, to answer your question, Bronzor is probably the best candidate.

EDIT:

K, so I made a team and I'm having problems.

Gliscor - Standard lead; SR/Taunt/Roost/EQ
    Skarm - spiker; ww/taunt/spikes/roost
    Raikou - main sweeper, not changin it out, but will change moveset; CM/T-Bolt/S-Ball/HP Ice
    Crobat - not really sure (shuts down walls??); Taunt/BB/Super Fang/Roost
    Gengar - spin blocker; sub/unreliable blast/t-bolt/shadow ball
    Slowbro - Machamp lead counter and another physical wall; toxic/slack off/surf/ice beam

I basically have a big metagame weak. I feel like Slowbro isn't doing anything besides dying really fast/not helping me. Gengar is far too frail, I might to SubSplit Rotom. Crobat isn't really doing anything other than being fun to use.

HALP!

Big 3 Problems: Latias (offensive), Mence (pretty much all of them x_x), Gyarados (you'd think I could stop him with slowbro and skarm but no).

Well honestly Gliscor isn't that great of a lead anymore (ive been using one so I would know lol) so I would drop him for a better lead. Crobat could maybe go there, or Skarm. This automatically opens up room for Gyarados/Mence/Latias check actually. Drop Slowbro as well (aka dead weight), and I'd go with Stalker Rotom-H>> Gar because your team hates status. Mence and Latias... You could try ScarfRachi with Ice Punch, or CB Scizor. So, that gives you Skarm/Kou/Bat/Rotom/Rachi or Scizor.. Ok since you're walled by Heatran, you could go with a bulky water (maybe Suicune or Gyara) to deal with it.

Hope that helped.

Years
    I'm an EV training noob, and looking on youtube for some sort of direction has been very annoying and unhelpful.

I bred an Lv. 1 Scyther (soon to be made Scizor) and I want to put 252 on attack. Basically, I just make it hold a Power Bracer, give it Pokerus, and fight some Machops?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Pokerus and Power items help, but they aren't necessary. But, yeah, that's basically what you do. You can also use vitamins to give you an automatic +100 EVs in whatever stat for a head start. I'd link to a guide that I like to use but the stickies here already link to so many, it'd probably be redundant.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Does anyone want to collab a team on shoddy with me? Pokemon is boring now since all of a sudden I have nothing to do because the tourney I'm involved in is lagging far behind. #stark cups are becoming less and less common. I'm so bored, I'm about to go make a monotype team and ladder with it. I need a fresh team to play with. I made one but the whole team centers around flinching and haxing, so its not that fun.

halp!

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    How can I make a balanced pokemon team?

I'll you guy to suggest me a balanced pokemon team that (can )sweeps variety of types
    A attacker, defender,sp.attacker,sp.defender,and an annoyer

any help would be aprreciated !

P.s I will use this team for battleing my friend and his team is pretty UNpredictable!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Does anyone want to collab a team on shoddy with me? Pokemon is boring now since all of a sudden I have nothing to do because the tourney I'm involved in is lagging far behind. #stark cups are becoming less and less common. I'm so bored, I'm about to go make a monotype team and ladder with it. I need a fresh team to play with. I made one but the whole team centers around flinching and haxing, so its not that fun.

halp!

Gamer! I'll collab with a team on you. PM me later so we can get to work on it.

Anyways, 1 question: Is there anything other than Scizor that is able to reliably check Latias and Salamence at the same time? (Don't even mention Lure Bronzong from the Smogcast or I will shoot you)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Gamer! I'll collab with a team on you. PM me later so we can get to work on it.

Anyways, 1 question: Is there anything other than Scizor that is able to reliably check Latias and Salamence at the same time? (Don't even mention Lure Bronzong from the Smogcast or I will shoot you)

Get on the server and do it fatty! >:/ Also, we will use some cheap ass gimmick team that can still work. Like T-Wave Gyara.

Scizor can't really switch into mence because of flamethrower/fire blast but I guess if mence is at low enough health it can. Nothing can really check them both at the same time. Scarftar can I guess with Stone Unreliabledge. MAMOSWINE!!!

Also, Specs Latias + DD Mence = Scizor cannot be a check, Specs DM does like, ~65% and pretty much any mence attack will take care of the other 35%, SR makes it even less of a check. Basically, your best bet is to gain razor sharp prediction or sac + revenge, unless you have something other than scizor on your team to check them.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Id suggest CB Zong because it 2hko's Scarf Rotom with Gyro too. ;DDDD

Just get a sturdy steel + revenge killer like Mamo (OR WEAVILE! No really you can Pursuit both lol) if you wanna avoid getting swept. Scarf Rachi is useful against those dragons too.

That or Max hp/max def Impish Tar would check both, id guess it lives a DD LO EQ. ;x

EDIT :

Yeah 85% MAX from Naive nature Mence DD LO EQ. Slap on a Shuca Berry and boom, get 3hko'd by DD LO EQ ROFL!

Man im great lool

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Durrrr, I feel like I screwed up somewhere on my Gallade. It's Adamant, and I went with 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP. Stuck it in a level 100 WiFi battle with myself, and its stats are 269/365/163/136/253/239. Shouldn't Speed be higher than Sp. Def.? Are its less-than-ideal IVs to blame? (22/14/28/17/18/11) >_>

Sorry if this sounds like something really stupid to ask, I'm still getting the hang of everything and I reeeeeeeally hope I didn't make some drastic error somewhere.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Durrrr, I feel like I screwed up somewhere on my Gallade. It's Adamant, and I went with 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP. Stuck it in a level 100 WiFi battle with myself, and its stats are 269/365/163/136/253/239. Shouldn't Speed be higher than Sp. Def.? Are its less-than-ideal IVs to blame? (22/14/28/17/18/11) >_>

Sorry if this sounds like something really stupid to ask, I'm still getting the hang of everything and I reeeeeeeally hope I didn't make some drastic error somewhere.
    Those are the correct stats according to Shoddy.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years

It's correct: Gallade has a base 115 Special Defense stat, while only base 80 in Speed. The EV training worked correctly, it's just the difference in base stats.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    It's correct: Gallade has a base 115 Special Defense stat, while only base 80 in Speed. The EV training worked correctly, it's just the difference in base stats.
    Aaaahhhh, duh, I didn't even think about base stats. Thanks you two :D

Back