• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    this is my moveset

Steel wing (to handle out rock and ice)
    X Sicssors (to handle out phschic)
    Cross poison (Sttrong move)
    Arial ace/Confuse ray/Toxic/Fly

Steel Wing and X-Scissor suck, they dont cover anything really. Cross Poisons coverage blows and AA is just weak. Toxic is an ok option, except its common switch ins are steel so it becomes a poor option. Confuse Ray relies on luck to do anything so its awful and Fly just gifts them free switch ins due to it taking 2 turns.

Crobat is a support pokemon and should be used as thus.

Crobat@Leftovers
    168 HP / 88 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - Super Fang / U-Turn / Whirlwind

Brave Bird is your most powerful move. Taunt stops them setting up and with Crobats amazing speed it can definately use this fantastically well, infact with Taunt it beats Skarmory 1vs1. Roost lets you heal off damage and helps taking hits which Crobat can do vs things like Breloom etc and the last slot is up to you. Super Fang strips 50% of anything non ghosts health and with Taunt it really wears things down, U-Turn lets you scout and bring in a counter to what they switch against whilst Whirlwind with entry hazards up is good to abuse with Taunt and Roost.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    Crobat and brave bird

Hmmm i see good combation with moves brave bird and roost but what pokemon can i breed with my crobat to make a egg move bravebird

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pidgey, Doduo, Tailow (And their evolutions), Skarmory and Honchkrow are compatible breeding partners for Crobat's line. However each of these pokemon must first receive BB by breeding with a member of Starly's evolutionary pathway that knows it.

EDIT: What Polkop said. For some reason Serebii isn't displaying Starly as a valid breeding partner.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    Rain Lead

OK, this should be simple, but I've had the hardest time finding a lead for my rain dance team. I've tried many various pokemon and movesets, but none of them seem to fit.

It needs to set up rain.
    It needs to hold a damp rock.
    I would like it to set up SR, but it doesn't have to. As I have Bronzong for that, but if something else sets up SR I can give Bronzong another physical move rather than just explosion.
    - If it sets up SR, it should be able to take a hit or two so it can also set up rain.
    It needs to avoid being taunted by either killing the taunters or outspeeding them. Namely Aerodactyl and Azelf. (Mostly, I've tried outspeeding them, which isn't working so well.)
    It needs to provide a means of safe-switching. (EX: U-turn or Explosion)
    I could switch into my curse Earth-Edge rest Swampert if needed.
    I could switch into my levitate Bronzong if needed.

Lemme know if you find a pokemon that comes close to those requirements. Thanks.

Crazyhand

Years
    Should I not have 0.o, I guess not, huh.
    Umm, as if I hadn't read that already? I tried each pokemon and they only supported what I needed halfway, I was hoping for something a bit more specific.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    OK, this should be simple, but I've had the hardest time finding a lead for my rain dance team. I've tried many various pokemon and movesets, but none of them seem to fit.

It needs to set up rain.
    It needs to hold a damp rock.
    I would like it to set up SR, but it doesn't have to. As I have Bronzong for that, but if something else sets up SR I can give Bronzong another physical move rather than just explosion.
    - If it sets up SR, it should be able to take a hit or two so it can also set up rain.
    It needs to avoid being taunted by either killing the taunters or outspeeding them. Namely Aerodactyl and Azelf. (Mostly, I've tried outspeeding them, which isn't working so well.)
    It needs to provide a means of safe-switching. (EX: U-turn or Explosion)
    I could switch into my curse Earth-Edge rest Swampert if needed.
    I could switch into my levitate Bronzong if needed.

Lemme know if you find a pokemon that comes close to those requirements. Thanks.

have you tried electrode yet?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just use Azelf. It's the absolute best Rain lead period. Rain Dance, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Taunt, high Speed, and with 252 HP Evs, it can take a few hits.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    What's the best Pokémon that can utilize a viable Swords Dance set?

There isn't really a "best" Swords Dancer, but there are certainly multiple good ones. OU-wise, some of the better ones are Lucario, Scizor, and Heracross. Breloom is also a decent option.

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    not sure if this is the right thread, but i am going for an eeveelutions team of;

vaporeon
    flareon
    jolteon
    espeon
    umbreon
    glaceon

what would be the best moves to teach each of them? or moves for them to learn naturally or via the move tutor.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    I've just spent a while IV breeding a Swampert to be a lead with stealth rock/earthquake/ice beam/roar, a relaxed nature and 252hp/216def/40sp.D ev's, and I was wondering which of these would be the best?
    hp/atk/def/sp.a/sp.d/spe
    31/31/20 /23 / 16 / 22
    31/31/31 / 2 / 28 / 2
    31/31/28 / 7 / 28 / 22

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    umbreon moveset

this is a good moveset for umbreon

Moon light/Wish
    Payback
    Physhic
    Toxic/Protect/Pursit (Pursit you dont have to have its just i like that move)

I would recomend Toxic but if you have wish have protect

but i have moon light and toxic

Last edited:

Crazyhand

Years
    Well, I think using Rain Dance on anything sort of screams Rain Dance team as well, no?

Good point, but right now I'm trying out a Crobat, and he doesn't scream rain dance until about the third turn. Whereas Electrode has nothing better to do but put up RD on the first turn. And, if I'm lucky, he puts pokemon to sleep.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    is this a good dunsparce

ability: serene grace
    adamant nature
    headbutt
    body slam
    roost
    rocksmash/ancient power

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

It's only half-good. Dunsparce is too frail to use Roost and it limits its versatility. Rock Smash/Ancientpower all suck.
    Use Bite and Rock Slide, both have 60% chance of Flinching with Serene Grace and provide type coverage.

Crazyhand

Years
    Thunder Wave for bite, as Dunsparce is slow and can't go first and cause flinch unless the opponent is at 25% speed. The 25% full paralysis won't hurt either.
    With a dunsparce, I recommend a pokemon that can handle ground switch-ins and the such.
    EDIT: Err, TWave for body slam, not bite. Herp dederp derp. I used to have a Jirachi use Thunder on a rain dance team and it never gave me the hax when I needed it. EQ sub bite. For those nasty steel types.

Last edited:
    Back