• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Thunder Wave for bite, as Dunsparce is slow and can't go first and cause flinch unless the opponent is at 25% speed. The 25% full paralysis won't hurt either.
    With a dunsparce, I recommend a pokemon that can handle ground switch-ins and the such.
    EDIT: Err, TWave for body slam, not bite. Herp dederp derp. I used to have a Jirachi use Thunder on a rain dance team and it never gave me the hax when I needed it. EQ sub bite. For those nasty steel types.

alright. my plan is paralyze (with a good STAB move), then flinch flinch flinch. and yes i realized roost sucks for it so its gone. thanks both of you.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    A replacement of Raikou?

I need a pokemon that can abuse thunder in the rain.
    It would be nice, but not necessary if it could learn a water type move, as it is raining.
    I don't have any scarfed pokemon on my team yet, but I do have swift swimmers.

I was thinking maybe Rotom-W?
    If you can't think of any other pokemon, let me know what you think about Rotom-W vs Raikou.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    subsitute does NOT block sandstorm dmg :( wish it did. I keep getting destroyed by my friend and i need a pokemon to take out his Gengar. It is naieve nature and has hypnosis, dream eater, shadow ball, and something else i think dark pulse. He recks me and it has over 200 speed and hypnosis ALWAYS hits i dunno why. Please help with pokemon and moveset

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A replacement of Raikou?

I need a pokemon that can abuse thunder in the rain.
    It would be nice, but not necessary if it could learn a water type move, as it is raining.
    I don't have any scarfed pokemon on my team yet, but I do have swift swimmers.

I was thinking maybe Rotom-W?
    If you can't think of any other pokemon, let me know what you think about Rotom-W vs Raikou.

Use Life Orb Jolteon. With Volt Absorb, it can switch in on Electric attacks.

subsitute does NOT block sandstorm dmg :( wish it did. I keep getting destroyed by my friend and i need a pokemon to take out his Gengar. It is naieve nature and has hypnosis, dream eater, shadow ball, and something else i think dark pulse. He recks me and it has over 200 speed and hypnosis ALWAYS hits i dunno why. Please help with pokemon and moveset

His Gengar moveset sucks. He just a big noob. Use a Honchkrow with Insomnia. It can't be put to sleep and resists Shadow Ball and can easily beat it with Sucker Punch or Night Slash.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Why would you use Hypno against Gengar? Hypno is slower and WEAK to Shadow Ball. Plus your Hypno moveset is TERRIBLE!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpDef with a Careful Nature

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
    Is there an battle emulator that supports 2vs2 battles? Also, if its somewhere where people can set certain rules before they battle that would be great, as I'm trying to build a 2vs2 team of four Pokemon, two of them being Ubers, but that isn't essential.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Pokemon Online supports Double Battles including VGC 2010 rules.

Years
    Quick Situational Question on Shell Bell vs. Leftovers

I am aware of the one-sided debate of how Leftovers is more reliable/better than Shell Bell (Works every turn, constant, better for walling, Shell Bell requires a ton of damage to match leftovers, sweepers are better off using Life Orb, etc.)

However, my question is, what if the Pokemon is a 2-on-2 (or possibly projecting ahead, 3-on-3) defensive/stat boosting-sweeper whose primary attack is a multi-target attack such as Surf/Earthquake? Would Shell Bell prove to be more useful than Leftovers when taking into account the combined damage dealt to all Pokemon (enemies and teammates [Or does teammate damage not count?] )?

And I think that because the teammate would be caught in the attack, a Life Orb or Choice Band/Specs would *sort of* work against you if you want your teammate to stick around longer, especially if the attack is already strong enough to KO your opponent(s) without the boost. This is assuming that the teammate doesn't have Water Absorb (Surf) or Levitate/Flying-type(Earthquake).

So, could Shell Bell actually outperform and be a better choice than Leftovers under these conditions? Or has anyone tried this before and can share experience?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Could someone give me a good Gen.4 movese and strategy for a Combusken?

I can't seem to find one with a Gen.4 strategy and I wanted to put one on my team, not as a Torchic or Blaziken.

Thanks. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Could someone give me a good Gen.4 movese and strategy for a Combusken?

I can't seem to find one with a Gen.4 strategy and I wanted to put one on my team, not as a Torchic or Blaziken.

Thanks. :)

Use Blaziken or Torchic or its pointless since its not competitive which is kinda the point of this forum lol. Use the ingame forum otherwise.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Dark Azelf, I don't plan on really using it in competitive battles, just like a novelty since I love Combusken.

I already have a plan for a Blaziken. But I want to do Combusken first.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

If you just want it for in-game purposes, then just use whatever moves you want. It's not like it matters or anything.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I'd just really like at least an idea of what moves and ev stats to work on.
    nature would be nice too.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well it is for in-game, but i still want to train it competitevely just in case i battle my friends with it or something.

It will be for in-game atm, but this could change and i would really like to have the plan for it. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Training, switching and effort (A Newbie Question)

Hi! I'm training my newly catch Ralts. All I do is switch it with my other Pokemon and defeat it cause Ralts don't have attacks yet. I want to know if the switched Pokemon will acquire the EV after it switched and defeat the Wild Pkmn? and can Ralts gain a point for it?
    Thanks!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Well it is for in-game, but i still want to train it competitevely just in case i battle my friends with it or something.

It will be for in-game atm, but this could change and i would really like to have the plan for it. :)

My goodness do you not listen ?

USE

THE

DARN

INGAME

FORUM

PLEASE
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199