• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
This is where all the team help and advice goes right? well I'm going to be having a big battle with a friend soon (we dont get together often and i want to be ready)

I found a bronzong level 65 I'm training right now.

It has beutifull stats for a tank. Sassy nature (adds sp.def, lowers speed)
And it has quickend temper as its charicteristic which has given it an advantige in its damage.

How is this moveset and EV build?:

252 hp, 100 def, 100 sp.def, 58 attk. (leftovers)

Moves:

gyro ball - bang
earthquake/payback- bang
stealth rock- It has plent of health to set it up first thing
explosion- last resort, and go out with a boom!

I'm very open to any changes considering I'm not very used to training bronzong.

(EDIT: YES IT HAS LEVITATE.)
It looks fine, nothing needs to be changed really.

How do we figure out the tiers and rules for the Gen 5 metagame?
Check Policy Review every once and a while for the initial ban list, how Smogon will work in 5th gen., etc. Currently, they're voting on the ban list and clauses.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Well, I was just wondering....would a Sub+Belly Drum Ursaring work?

However, Quick Feet would only activate if it was burned/poisoned by a Flame/Toxic Orb, and Burn cuts its' attack, whilst Poison takes away hp......

Still, considering Burn only cuts two stages, right? Or does it literally just half the stat? (i.e. it would half it after Belly Drum). Because if it only cuts two stages.....after Belly Drum, it would have 1182 attack, right? I think my maths may be wrong....still, this may be stupid, as Burn would quickly diminish the remaining 25% health. So...I may have rambled a bit, but would it work?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Please rate this set

Shandera@leftovers
Shadow tag
Bold nature (+defense -attack)
Flame thrower
willow wisp
pain split
Sub/ energyball/ calm mind

thanx :)
That would probably work better with Timid or Modest nature, since Shandera has pretty bad defenses anyway. Though, I don't have much experience with B/W.

Well, I was just wondering....would a Sub+Belly Drum Ursaring work?

However, Quick Feet would only activate if it was burned/poisoned by a Flame/Toxic Orb, and Burn cuts its' attack, whilst Poison takes away hp......

Still, considering Burn only cuts two stages, right? Or does it literally just half the stat? (i.e. it would half it after Belly Drum). Because if it only cuts two stages.....after Belly Drum, it would have 1182 attack, right? I think my maths may be wrong....still, this may be stupid, as Burn would quickly diminish the remaining 25% health. So...I may have rambled a bit, but would it work?
Ursaring with a burn would have 788 Attack assuming it has a positive nature and max Atk EVs (394 * 0.5 * 4 = 788). And, you wouldn't be able to attack after setting up, even in a perfect situation (and without SR set up). i.e.:

Ursaring uses Sub (75%)
Opponent switches to something else
Ursaring is burned (62%)
---
Ursaring uses Belly Drum (12%)
Opponent breaks Sub
Ursaring fainted after burn damage

I say just give it Flame Orb, and give a moveset such as Belly Drum / Facade / Earthquake / Crunch. I would prefer Swords Dance with a Toxic Orb, because I assume that would be easier to use with all the priority in UU.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
I've been running a Tentacruel set for Gen V and need some feedback

Tenta @ Leftovers
Bold Nature- Clear Body
110 HP/ 252 Def/ 60 SpD/ 88 Spa

Boiling Water
Ice Beam
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin/ HP Electric

I'm considering HP Electric to hit Kyogre and Burungeru with, but I then lose spinning, which is crucial for a stall team. Boiling Water has a nice burn chance and Ice Beam lets me smack around dragons and Breloom (considering running speed so I can beat it, not sure on EVs for that though). T-Spikes allows other things on my team (like Erufuun and Nattorei) to stall a lot easier.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Gen IV (do you have to say that yet or does everyone still use it?) UU team. I still need a sixth 'mon, any suggestions?

Omastar@Focus Sash
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Surf
Earth Power
My lead. Basically, it sets up untill it dies.

Rotom@Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Discharge
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
To stop the SR and Spikes and a great wall. Discharge and Shadow Ball for stab, Will-O-Wisp to cripple and Pain Split to recover health.

Blatoise@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Surf
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Roar
Rapid spinner and physical wall. Surf is for stab, Toxic to slowly kill things and roar to take advantage of the SR and Spikes.

Venusaur@Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Sleep Powder/Roar
Power Whip
Earthquake
Sweeper. Swords dance to get its attack up. Sleep Powder to get a SD off or Roar for the same reason as Blatoise? Power Whip for stab and EQ for electrics.

Arcanine@Life Orb
Intimidate/Flash Fire?
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Morning Sun
Revenge killer and late game sweeper. Since this is a revenge killer I can't decide whether to use Flash Fire or Intimidate? Flare Blitz for stab, Thunder Fang for waters, Extreme Speed for, well, speed and Morning Sun for Flare Blitz/Life Orb recovery.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I'm not sure what HP to use for Exeggutor.
Exeggutor (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 72 HP / 40 Def / 252 SAtk / 140 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [?]
- Rest
- Sleep Powder

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I've been running a Tentacruel set for Gen V and need some feedback

Tenta @ Leftovers
Bold Nature- Clear Body
110 HP/ 252 Def/ 60 SpD/ 88 Spa

Boiling Water
Ice Beam
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin/ HP Electric

I'm considering HP Electric to hit Kyogre and Burungeru with, but I then lose spinning, which is crucial for a stall team. Boiling Water has a nice burn chance and Ice Beam lets me smack around dragons and Breloom (considering running speed so I can beat it, not sure on EVs for that though). T-Spikes allows other things on my team (like Erufuun and Nattorei) to stall a lot easier.

Just use the spread from gen 4; 252 hp / 120 def / 136 sp.def. Spin is better than HP Electric, HP Electric hardly scratches Kyogre/Burungeru anyway. Miracle Eye is an option over Ice Beam if you really wanna hurt Burungeru, since Tenta easily spreads status well.

I'm not sure what HP to use for Exeggutor.
Exeggutor (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 40 Def / 252 SAtk / 140 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [?]
- Rest
- Sleep Powder

Exeggutor@Life Orb
Modest / Rash Nature
220 Speed / 252 Sp.Att / 38 HP (or Att)
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder / Stun Spore / Low Kick
- Psychic
- Synthesis / Explosion

Bulky offensive eggy. Low Kick 2hko's Chansey and Registeel with Rash and also owns Houndoom. Stun Spore helps cripple faster checks like Arcanine making them easy to wear down. Use this in UU only. Speed beats standard defensive Milotic.

Dont use it defensively in the higher tiers. Celebi is superior. Harvest Rest is meh imo, it doesnt have the time or stats to pull it off. Synthesis and Wish are better in the lower tiers anyway for healing, and you get vital lefties recovery.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Just use the spread from gen 4; 252 hp / 120 def / 136 sp.def. Spin is better than HP Electric, HP Electric hardly scratches Kyogre/Burungeru anyway. Miracle Eye is an option over Ice Beam if you really wanna hurt Burungeru, since Tenta easily spreads status well.

Exeggutor@Life Orb
Modest / Rash Nature
220 Speed / 252 Sp.Att / 38 HP (or Att)
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder / Stun Spore / Low Kick
- Psychic
- Synthesis / Explosion

Bulky offensive eggy. Low Kick 2hko's Chansey and Registeel with Rash and also owns Houndoom. Stun Spore helps cripple faster checks like Arcanine making them easy to wear down. Use this in UU only. Speed beats standard defensive Milotic.

Dont use it defensively in the higher tiers. Celebi is superior. Harvest Rest is meh imo, it doesnt have the time or stats to pull it off. Synthesis and Wish are better in the lower tiers anyway for healing, and you get vital lefties recovery.

What if I were to use it in Litttle Cup?
Exeggcute (M) @ Oran Berry
EVs: 116 HP / 38 Def / 200 SAtk / 156 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic

Like this. Max spA, 56 HP for another stat in HP. 38 Def and 156 SDef gives Eggy a bit more bulk so he can abuse the oran berry healing. Speed is unnecessary, as Eggy isn't outrunning anything.

nm legend

Years
hey i would just like some info on what i can do with a modest and timid gengar...i kinda have an idea thanks to smogon but i want other opinions as far as moves, ect.

thanks in advance!

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
@ nm legend:

Modest and Timid Gengar do pretty much the same things. If you want more speed, use Timid. If you want more Power, use Modest. It's a matter of personal preference, but Timid is generally better on all sets because of its higher speed. If I gave moves I would essentially be giving every set Smogon has (Except for SubSplit possibly, not sure what it's nature is supposed to be.

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
Years
@ nm legend:

Modest and Timid Gengar do pretty much the same things. If you want more speed, use Timid. If you want more Power, use Modest. It's a matter of personal preference, but Timid is generally better on all sets because of its higher speed. If I gave moves I would essentially be giving every set Smogon has (Except for SubSplit possibly, not sure what it's nature is supposed to be.
I think Jolly/ Timid would be best for subsplit. Tell me if I'm wrong, or If you have a different opinion.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I've been away from battling for awhile; and I'm just learning that Heracross is UU now. How good is she in the UU metagame?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Hera's got a variety of sets like Scarf, Swords Dance, Guts Abuser, and the like, but tbh I find it no more threatening than a lot of the big UU Sweepers. Its speed does hurt it because a lot of the UU's top offensive Pokemon can outspeed and KO it, and Weezing also does a good job at walling and can put on some damage with Flamethrower/Fire Blast

ThePokeGeneral

Competitive Noob
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
Help Me Finish My Team

I am in quite a predicament. I have 4 members of my 6-Pokemon team solved out.
I don't have any exact numbers, but i can tell you which stats are EV trained the heaviest.

Empoleon- defense and special attack - balanced between various roles- Steel/Water
Abomasnow- defense and special defense- staller - Grass/Ice
Snorlax- defense and special defense- absolute wall- Normal
Hippowdon- defense and special defense- physical wall/staller

Now,
There are four pokemon I am considering in specific combinations to add. The combinations are:
1.Gardevoir (speed and defense- balanced between various roles-Psychic) with a Gallade (Attack and Speed)
2.Gallade (same as above) with a Walrein (special defense and defense-general wall- water/ice)
3. Gardevoir (same as above) with a Lucario (sp. attack OR attack and speed- sweeper)
4. Gardevoir and Walrein, both are the same as above.

Any general suggestions are welcomed, and I simply ask that any criticism be constructive. Quick replies are appreciated.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Hera's got a variety of sets like Scarf, Swords Dance, Guts Abuser, and the like, but tbh I find it no more threatening than a lot of the big UU Sweepers. Its speed does hurt it because a lot of the UU's top offensive Pokemon can outspeed and KO it, and Weezing also does a good job at walling and can put on some damage with Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Weezing is a horrid way to beat it. Not only does Flamrthrower not even 2hko it but it actually gets set up on by the SDer, Bulk Up, Rest Talk BU sets and flat out loses to the Toxic Orb + 4 (W/Facade) set. That and it struggles to even wall CB Cross over the course of an entire match. ~_~ lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Ok, this may seem an odd question but.....will people still battle Gen IV on shoddy and such once we get Gen V???

Because I love the metagame as it is, and it'll take me a while to learn about all the Gen V pokémon, so I'd like to be able to keep in practise battling in the Gen IV metagame, but will there be any opponents left?

Back