• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Detox

Any move that has a secondary effect that involves the other Pokemon will get the Encourage boost, so yes, flinch is accounted for.

Anti

return of the king
Years
This is an idea I'm having for an ADV team:

Heracross, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Salamence

How's that?

Arcanine and Eggy are both very mediocre in OU play. Outside of that, this isn't DPP where you just make offensive combos and execute your strategy before your opponent does. That team has no defense really, as all of the common OU Pokemon take care of your "defenses" easily. You need a bulky Water (Gyarados doesn't count).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I have a level 1 modest horsea with the sniper ability. It's I.V.'s are 31/25/31/31/31/31. I need a good move set to teach it be fore I start its training. and a good place to train it as well. either in soul silver or platinum. for the best eving I can do.
Teach it Surf and Ice Beam I guess, that should really be the only moves you will need for training. Old Chateau in D/P/Pt is great for SpA EV training, and BF1 Oreburgh Gate is good for Speed EVs (59% chance of finding Zubat).

Marshmellowguy

Sealand / Peter Kirkland
Years
EDIT: The game I play is Heart Gold so all the stats moves and any other info needed/stated is in pokemon Heart Gold.

I have a Weavile lvl 100, I'm trying to breed it to make a the best Weavile I can. My Weavile is female and doesn't like my ditto (just a FYI).

My Weavile's highest stat is speed at 333 and next is HP at 279, then comes attack at 273 and Sp. def at 181, defense is 175 and Sp. attack is 112. It knows Dark Pulse, Shadow Claw, Metal Claw, and Night Slash.

Yeah i know I'm using most of my money on (insert stat) ups for my Weavile project and used like 1/3 to 1/2 of them already (don't worry I'm sending gold nuggets from platinum and other rare high priced items).

So should I get a male Sneasel and evolve it then breed (or use a male sneasel), use a ditto, teach either the mother or father certain moves or have one or the other(or both) parents with certain states or what. I want some suggestions on maybe moves or stats and to use a ditto, or a male sneasel/Weavile with my female?

Please either point me in the direction of where to get answers (like a breeding guide) or help me out. LOL I think i put a little too much information.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Can you fling a trick item that was just tricked to you? Like if I lead with a fling poke, I choose fling right off the bat, and they trick me their scarf, can I fling it back?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
How viable do you think Dragonite can be using Dragon Tail + Toxic / Thunder Wave? I know he can fulfill much better roles, but I felt like making a gimmick set.

Also, Y/N?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-- Fling
-- Acrobat
-- Swords Dance
-- Earthquake

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-- Protect
-- Substitute
-- Toxic
-- Earthquake

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
Could someone help me on this one. I'm really confused with Kirikizans breeding list.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kirikizan_(Pokémon)

As you can see, he can learn Stealth Rock if you breed him...with himself...wait what?

How does that work? Kirikizan can't learn it by level up or TMs, and as far as i know, there isn't any event that gives you one with Stealth Rock.

Could someone help me on this. I'm terribly confused xD

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Could someone help me on this one. I'm really confused with Kirikizans breeding list.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kirikizan_(Pokémon)

As you can see, he can learn Stealth Rock if you breed him...with himself...wait what?

How does that work? Kirikizan can't learn it by level up or TMs, and as far as i know, there isn't any event that gives you one with Stealth Rock.

Could someone help me on this. I'm terribly confused xD

Transfer an Infernape from gen 4 with Stealth Rock and then breed it with Kirikizan. Since Ape iirc is the only poke in its egg group with access to SR.

And Dragonite is a pretty good phazer and defensively in general.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
Transfer an Infernape from gen 4 with Stealth Rock and then breed it with Kirikizan. Since Ape iirc is the only poke in its egg group with access to SR.

And Dragonite is a pretty good phazer and defensively in general.

Really? I actually thought that you weren't capable to transfer pokemons with moves that they don't learn anymore to Black & White. I guess i was wrong. Thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind when i'll train a Kirikizan.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Arcanine and Eggy are both very mediocre in OU play. Outside of that, this isn't DPP where you just make offensive combos and execute your strategy before your opponent does. That team has no defense really, as all of the common OU Pokemon take care of your "defenses" easily. You need a bulky Water (Gyarados doesn't count).

Swampert, then? Pert is pretty bulky.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So what's the deal with Stealth Rock? There's no TM in B&W, and therefore only Rock types will be able to use it?
Stealth Rock lost TM status in the generation shift. The vast majority who can use it are Rock types, but the Tesshido and Komatana lines are the only non-Rock Pokemon who can use it (they can learn it by breeding).

Years
Stealth Rock lost TM status in the generation shift. The vast majority who can use it are Rock types, but the Tesshido and Komatana lines are the only non-Rock Pokemon who can use it (they can learn it by breeding).

Thanks. I take it if a Swampert was sent over from D/P it would have an empty move slot where Stealth Rock used to be?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks. I take it if a Swampert was sent over from D/P it would have an empty move slot where Stealth Rock used to be?

No you can transfer all pokes from gen 4 and their moves will be intact still.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
@ Human: Not really. A couple of Pokemon gained it this Generation, not just Rock types. For example, Kirikizan (Who is Dark/Steel) gained it via egg move.

Also, everything that had it 4th gen still has it if you transfer the Pokemon over with the Pokeshifter or whatever.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
A list or link of illegal movesets so I don't accidentally sav one.

Please and Thank You.

I realise that most of the illegal sets are common sense, but I just want to make sure I don't mess up.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
A list or link of illegal movesets so I don't accidentally sav one.

Please and Thank You.

I realise that most of the illegal sets are common sense, but I just want to make sure I don't mess up.

There's too many illegal movesets to list. Are you looking for one specific Pokemon...?

Back