• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Doesn't matter when you EV train them, the end result is the same. It's just more visible at the later levels than the earlier. And yeah, pokewalker doesn't give EVs so it's just another rare candy or daycare.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    help?

Thanks guys!
    While I'm here I might as well ask another question.

OK I lost my old Heart Gold game, so I got a new one just a few weeks ago.
    I've never had a competitive team before, but I want to form one.

What should I work on for my Vaporeon? I think it will be hard to tell at a low level though.

Level: 20
    Calm nature
    Attack: 29
    Defense: 33
    Sp. Attack: 54
    Sp.Defense: 48
    Speed: 36

Surf
    Tackle
    Sand attack
    Water gun

I plan on giving it Left overs and Aqua ring as I did in my old game.
    It really ticked off my friends XD.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    Thanks, I've got an idea on what I should be covering now.
    And a few other Pokemon. :D
    Definitely bookmarking that site.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    Power items

When my pokemon holding lets say a power anklet receives max effort values and gets the effort ribbon(heartgold), I don't need to make it hold the item anymore right?

Detox

Correct, after you obtain the Effort Ribbon, it means EV training is complete, and it will never leave.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    I'm using a kadabra for a NU team (yes)
    My question is, should I go for +speed and specs or +SpA and scarf?

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
    can anyone advice me a good moveset for my jolteon he is gentle oh and i dont EV train its so much of a wasting time

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I'm using a kadabra for a NU team (yes)
    My question is, should I go for +speed and specs or +SpA and scarf?

Kadabra is basically outclassed by Espeon, Gardevoir and Jynx.

can anyone advice me a good moveset for my jolteon he is gentle oh and i dont EV train its so much of a wasting time

I don't even need to tell you how wrong your assumption is with that. :/ lol

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    Any suggestions for Nature and EVs for a Tentacruel with this moveset?
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Surf
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Giga Drain
    I know Rapid Spin is a usual Tentacruel move, but I'll just be playing with friends and they don't usually use entry hazards. I figure I need some combination of HP, Defense, SpAtk, and Speed EVs, and probably a nature that enhances one of those and decreases Attack, but any more specific recommendations?
    Also, is Black Sludge or Big Root a better hold item? Or is there a better option I can't think of? (I only have one set of Leftovers, and Tentacruel's not getting them.)
    Also also, any suggestions for a Skarmory hold item? Again, my supply of Leftovers is limited, so I'll have to find something else.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Any suggestions for Nature and EVs for a Tentacruel with this moveset?
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Surf
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Giga Drain
    I know Rapid Spin is a usual Tentacruel move, but I'll just be playing with friends and they don't usually use entry hazards. I figure I need some combination of HP, Defense, SpAtk, and Speed EVs, and probably a nature that enhances one of those and decreases Attack, but any more specific recommendations?
    Also, is Black Sludge or Big Root a better hold item? Or is there a better option I can't think of? (I only have one set of Leftovers, and Tentacruel's not getting them.)
    Also also, any suggestions for a Skarmory hold item? Again, my supply of Leftovers is limited, so I'll have to find something else.

In gen 5 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.Def @ Bold and in gen 4, 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp.Def @ Calm. Black Sludge if you don't have more Leftovers. Knock Off or Toxic is probably better than Giga Drain too. STAB Sludge Bomb does more damage than Giga Drain on everything not named Swampert, even water types. (In gen 5 Giga Drain is fine though due to the power increase)

On Skarmory, use Shed Shell to avoid Magnezone trapping you.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    Kadabra is basically outclassed by Espeon, Gardevoir and Jynx.

I know. But I'm still using it. I don't like gardevoir and jynkx, and espeon is on every single NU team.
    I know kadabra is not the best choice, it's just my choice. I'm just asking which item should I give to it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Does anyone has a gen 5 game in Jap ? Basically what id like to be done is this;

Could you test ghost type "Curse" and use it a few times on the same target. Id like to know if it stacks just like it did in gen 4. Proof would be awesome too lol

Years
    Can someone suggest to me some good moves for my Glaceon? It's for my Hail Team.

Glaceon
    Moves:
    -Blizzard
    -Water Pulse (?)
    -Mirror Coat
    -Shadow Ball (?)

Please tell me if I should replace some of my moves with others. I really think my Glaceon is not at it's best standard. :/

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Can someone suggest to me some good moves for my Glaceon? It's for my Hail Team.

Glaceon
    Moves:
    -Blizzard
    -Water Pulse (?)
    -Mirror Coat
    -Shadow Ball (?)

Please tell me if I should replace some of my moves with others. I really think my Glaceon is not at it's best standard. :/

Hm, well, I'd give it Hidden power Electric/Fire, in place of Water Pulse~ You don't have very many choices aside from Hidden Power, unfortunately. ;;

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Blizzard has a pretty low accuracy- you could think about switching it to Ice beam which has a way higher accuracy and you could also replace water pulse with surf, but I'm not quite sure if Glaceon could learn it.............. :S

Detox

Glaceon doesn't really have any other options than to run a choice set, so much outclasses it and this set really isn't that good either tbh. But since you asked, I will provide:

Glaceon @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid / Modest
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    ~ Blizzard
    ~ Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I don't think there's such a thing but is there some calculator to calculate how many EVs my Pokemon has? How would I know when my wanted stat is maxes out in EVs?
    You can, if your Pokemon is at a fairly high level and you know its IVs.
    For example if I see a level 50 Metagross with 187 HP, I'd know it has an HP IV of 31 and EV of 252.

It's not recommended though. Much better if you just tally your EV gains as you EV train.

Does anyone has a gen 5 game in Jap ? Basically what id like to be done is this;

Could you test ghost type "Curse" and use it a few times on the same target. Id like to know if it stacks just like it did in gen 4. Proof would be awesome too lol
    Wait, did it stack in 4th gen? AFAIK it just failed and you didn't lose HP either.
    Though it does work through Sub now.

Last edited:
    Back