• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I still need help with this one that everyone completely ignored :(
    1- Skarmory is fine

2- Umbreon in OU seems kinda gimmick as SDLuke destroys it, and baton pass serves no purpose in this set. someone else could help you on this ...

3- Zapdos is fine. good Scizor check

4- Seriously this Scarf Relicanth only outspeeds neutral base 100 speed pokemon which is fail, if you really want to use it then Rock Polish on the last slot and change the held item to Leftovers or Life Orb ( depends on your need of more power or more bulk )

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I still need help with this one that everyone completely ignored :(

If most of your pokemon have healing abilities, then you shouldn't need wish support. Go with something else over it, like CB Tar.

Also, ditch the Scarf on Relicanth, and give it a Life Orb. Make the last spot Rock Polish.

Also also, Skarmory dies to taunt leads. Replace Stealth Rock with Brave Bird.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    If most of your pokemon have healing abilities, then you shouldn't need wish support. Go with something else over it, like CB Tar.
    Also, ditch the Scarf on Relicanth, and give it a Life Orb. Make the last spot Rock Polish.

I guess he said he doesnt want more than one OU pokemon in his team >.>

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Skarmory NEEDS an attack move or its utter Taunt bait. Put Brave Bird >> Stealth Rock and add put SR on something else. If you did this i suggest you add a Rapid Spin Blocker too or your spikes stacking will be futile.

Umbreon is dead weight in OU, there are better walls and tanks.

There are also better Scarfers than Relicanth in OU.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Just a quick question. If I bred a Pokemon for the right nature would it be unethical to hack it only to get it perfect IVs? I mean I'm not gonna give it any illegal moves or tweak with its stats or ability.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Just a quick question. If I bred a Pokemon for the right nature would it be unethical to hack it only to get it perfect IVs? I mean I'm gonna give it any illegal moves or tweak with its stats or ability.

Hacking is hacking, and most people in the BA (aka, worst place in existence) are highly against it. I do it myself with Pokesav, but if you use hacked pokemon (as in any way) for a battle, you must inform your opponent beforehand.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Just a quick question. If I bred a Pokemon for the right nature would it be unethical to hack it only to get it perfect IVs? I mean I'm gonna give it any illegal moves or tweak with its stats or ability.

Assuming that you accidentally omitted "not" in the last sentence, legal hacks are seen by some people as okay and by others as taking a shortcut or cheating. So it depends who and where you're battling.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Assuming that you accidentally omitted "not" in the last sentence, legal hacks are seen by some people as okay and by others as taking a shortcut or cheating. So it depends who and where you're battling.

Yes these will be legal hacks. Completely legit. I'm considering entering the 2010 VGCs. I did accidentally ommit "not".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    When you're making a team, do you have to make them all the same tier or can they be different?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    When you're making a team, do you have to make them all the same tier or can they be different?
    Say you're making a standard team, anything is allowed as long as it is not from the Uber tier. If it is UU, then OU and Uber is banned. If it is NU, then UU, OU, and Uber is banned.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Lets say Im using an Ingrained Smeargle with Mist around it whie it has +2 in its speed, can the opposing pokemon eliminate the +2 in smeargle's speed with Haze ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hey! I was just thinking of putting a Cresselia in my Sunny Day team as a supporter because she can take alot of hits really well. No joke. This is my team so far.

Crobat
    Typhlosion
    Tangrowth
    "Cresselia"

And this would be the moveset I give to my Cresselia.

Nature: Calm
    EV's: 252 HP/196 Def/62 Sp.Def
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Psychic
    Icy Wind
    Sunny Day
    Moonlight

Meet, the moon. Crescent moon actually. I need her because I need the night to be beautiful. Anyway, this is my second Sunny Day supporter for my team. This Pokemon plays the long game in battles.

Psychic. It's a STAB attack that can put Poison types out of existence. I would go for Charge Beam but it won't help me much.

I love in Pokemon Stadium 2 the announcer says "A gust of Icy Wind!". However, Icy Wind comes in handy in Double Battles. It hits both Pokemon, lowering their Speed to let my Pokemon outrun them.

Sunny Day, as usual. Summons the sun to boost up Fire type attacks and activate Tangrowth's Chlorophyll ability.

Now, you can't play the long game without the Moonlight shining on you. It restores HP depending on the weather. When the sun is out, Moonlight I think restores health by 75%. Quite a biggy, ain't it.

So, what do you think. Do you think this Cresselia can come in handy? I hope so because I do need a supporter to play the long game for my future Sunny Day team. Please tell me if you think the moveset's perfect or need improvements. Thank you. I don't like being a lone wolver by the way.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Hey! I was just thinking of putting a Cresselia in my Sunny Day team as a supporter because she can take alot of hits really well. No joke. This is my team so far.

Crobat
    Typhlosion
    Tangrowth
    "Cresselia"

And this would be the moveset I give to my Cresselia.

Nature: Calm
    EV's: 252 HP/196 Def/62 Sp.Def
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Psychic
    Icy Wind
    Sunny Day
    Moonlight

Meet, the moon. Crescent moon actually. I need her because I need the night to be beautiful. Anyway, this is my second Sunny Day supporter for my team. This Pokemon plays the long game in battles.

Psychic. It's a STAB attack that can put Poison types out of existence. I would go for Charge Beam but it won't help me much.

I love in Pokemon Stadium 2 the announcer says "A gust of Icy Wind!". However, Icy Wind comes in handy in Double Battles. It hits both Pokemon, lowering their Speed to let my Pokemon outrun them.

Sunny Day, as usual. Summons the sun to boost up Fire type attacks and activate Tangrowth's Chlorophyll ability.

Now, you can't play the long game without the Moonlight shining on you. It restores HP depending on the weather. When the sun is out, Moonlight I think restores health by 75%. Quite a biggy, ain't it.

So, what do you think. Do you think this Cresselia can come in handy? I hope so because I do need a supporter to play the long game for my future Sunny Day team. Please tell me if you think the moveset's perfect or need improvements. Thank you. I don't like being a lone wolver by the way.

Using Cress just means you'd be using an OU pokemon, which just dies to OU teams. You'd really want to stick with UU/NU, and I recommend this pokemon to you.

379.png
    @ Heat Rock/Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
    252 HP, 60 Def, 196 SpD
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Sunny Day
    - Iron Head

Assumiung your Crobat has U-Turn, this is the pokemon you'd switch to. Provides status to slow down your enemy, sun support, rock support, and an attack, so you can't get taunted. With Registeel's natural bulk and useful typing, it will last longer than Cresselia.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Or you can use Uxie, since it and Cresselia is really similar so it shouldn't break the synergy too bad.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Using Cress just means you'd be using an OU pokemon, which just dies to OU teams. You'd really want to stick with UU/NU, and I recommend this pokemon to you.

379.png
    @ Heat Rock/Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
    252 HP, 60 Def, 196 SpD
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Sunny Day
    - Iron Head

Assumiung your Crobat has U-Turn, this is the pokemon you'd switch to. Provides status to slow down your enemy, sun support, rock support, and an attack, so you can't get taunted. With Registeel's natural bulk and useful typing, it will last longer than Cresselia.

Registeel, huh? That sounds like a good idea. But I'm usually worried about Pokemon in Sandstorm teams like Hippowdon and Gliscor and even Tyranitar. Since Cresselia has Levitate it avoids Ground type attacks with ease. I might try Registeel. But that's another Ground weakness to my team.

I'm talking about Double Battles by the way.

Last edited:

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • Ok I think This is the right thread to ask this:

I am making a UU team so far and need help with 2 pokemon

1st My Lead
    I am currently trying

Bellosom
    Calm
    Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/6 Def
    Energy Ball/Leech seed/Sleep Powder/Sub

But its not really working and ideas on a better lead?

Also I need help on somthing Bulky to take Ice And Water hits and as a backup for fire hits

Now im running
    Blastoise
    Calm
    Leftovers
    208 HP/188 Def/ 114 Sp.Def
    Counter/Mirror Coat/Toxic/Protect

it works pretty well in KO ing A Ludicolo from full health with Mirror coat and can take hits pretty well but Kinda dosent fill a slot and completley loses to miltank
    Im thinking Surf >> Toxic but still not sure

Any Help On either?

Also Dose Skill Swap effect Shedinja And Spiritomb? Need this for an awsome double team strategy

Back