• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
  • UU lead? Ambipom is the best imo.
    Use this set:
    Ambipom @ Silk Scarf/Life Orb
    Ability: Techinician
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ Return
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Taunt / Payback
    Yes, Skill Swap does affect Shedinja and Spiritomb.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Ok I think This is the right thread to ask this:

I am making a UU team so far and need help with 2 pokemon

1st My Lead
    I am currently trying

Bellosom
    Calm
    Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/6 Def
    Energy Ball/Leech seed/Sleep Powder/Sub

But its not really working and ideas on a better lead?

Also I need help on somthing Bulky to take Ice And Water hits and as a backup for fire hits

Now im running
    Blastoise
    Calm
    Leftovers
    208 HP/188 Def/ 114 Sp.Def
    Counter/Mirror Coat/Toxic/Protect

it works pretty well in KO ing A Ludicolo from full health with Mirror coat and can take hits pretty well but Kinda dosent fill a slot and completley loses to miltank
    Im thinking Surf >> Toxic but still not sure

Any Help On either?

Also Dose Skill Swap effect Shedinja And Spiritomb? Need this for an awsome double team strategy

Reason its not working is because you want something that actually accomplishes something as a lead. Bellossom is too slow and thus wont do much and will either be Taunt bait, wont stop the opponent from setting up (i.e Stealth Rock) or just flat out be ko'd and forced to switch. Id look into something that actually you know, does something when leading.

That Blastoise set is awful, no really it is lol. Counter + Mirror Coat are really gimmicky tbh. Blastoise's best Role is a Rapid Spinner and its a darn good one so id utalize that.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/20 Spd/62 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic / Yawn
    - Roar / Ice Beam / Hidden Power Grass

Is its best set in uu.

It needs Surf for STAB, Rapid Spin removes entry hazards. 3 and 4th slots are up to you. Toxic or Yawn to cripple things or make them switch or fall to sleep. Last slot Roar forces switches and is cool with entry hazards to abuse. Ice Beam hits grass types and Hidden power Grass hits other water types such as Azumarril etc.

The evs ensure you outspeed all Rhyperior who Blastoise is an amazing counter to, whilst tanking hits on both sides well.

As for your skill swap question, no that does not work.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • ........................Help please?
    ....................................................Too bad I'm not quite good enough to help others with their teams......
    I'm just starting in competitive battles...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    What's a Pokemon that learns Magic Coat and outspeeds Darkrai?
    Preferably non-Ubers but that's not a requirement.

I'm building a double battle team for PBR Wi-Fi and Shodddy 2 and need a Darkrai counter and my strategy is Magic Coat.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What's a Pokemon that learns Magic Coat and outspeeds Darkrai?
    Preferably non-Ubers but that's not a requirement.

I'm building a double battle team for PBR Wi-Fi and Shodddy 2 and need a Darkrai counter and my strategy is Magic Coat.
    Mewtwo is the only one that can outrun Darkrai.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I am currenly trying to make a team that has a substitute lead (the first Pokemon uses sub then U-turn's or Returns). I'm having a little trouble trying to pick a Pokemon that would work. I need one that has a good Special Defense too. So are there any suggestions on a Pokemon that would work for a Substitute Lead and that has a good Special Defense?

It would be most appreciated if the suggestion was not part water or flying type due to the weakness to electric types in my team. I already have a part water and a part flying type so I don't need another making half my team weak to electric. So please help me.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • I am currenly trying to make a team that has a substitute lead (the first Pokemon uses sub then U-turn's or Returns). I'm having a little trouble trying to pick a Pokemon that would work. I need one that has a good Special Defense too. So are there any suggestions on a Pokemon that would work for a Substitute Lead and that has a good Special Defense?

It would be most appreciated if the suggestion was not part water or flying type due to the weakness to electric types in my team. I already have a part water and a part flying type so I don't need another making half my team weak to electric. So please help me.

What's the point of Uturning or switching out with a pokemon that has sub up bar pursuit bait pokemon with tar on the field.

You can always try Swampert though \o/

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • What's the point of Uturning or switching out with a pokemon that has sub up bar pursuit bait pokemon with tar on the field.

You can always try Swampert though \o/

To set up a sub for the next Pokemon. I didn't think about Swampert, it isn't weak to electric, I'll think about it. Any other ideas?

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
  • ninjask!
    you can use sub/protect on the 1st turn to get a speed boost then you can pass it or use sub/protect (whichever u didnt use first) again to get another boost

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • ninjask!
    you can use sub/protect on the 1st turn to get a speed boost then you can pass it or use sub/protect (whichever u didnt use first) again to get another boost

Sorry I forgot to say again that I needed something that could sub+switch and have a good SpDef.

Back