• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    On my BP ninjask, I am using

Baton
    Swords
    Double Team
    X-Scissor

Should I swap out Double Team for protect so I can get an additional speed boost in as well as a swords dance?
    Since Double Team is banned, yes. Another option would be Substitute which can be Baton Passed as well.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Is Rash a good nature for Entei?
    It raise SpA and lowers SpD, but Entei has base 75 SpD

Not really, He doesn't want a nature that reduces one of the defenses unless he's running a mixed set, and in that situation Naive is preferred. Timid or Adamant are good too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hello. I have thought of an interesting moveset for an Arcanine.

Nature:: Impish
    EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk
    Nature: Intimidate
    Held Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Flare Blitz
    ExtremeSpeed
    Morning Sun
    Protect/Toxic

First, the EV's. 252 HP makes it survive most attacks with the assist of Intimidate for physical sweepers.

Second, the last slot. Protect is used for Double Battles and some support by it's partner. Meganium I believe is th best partner to boost up Sunny Day and let Arcanine do the damage. Toxic is for Single Battles to wear down stallers that don't have Rest.

So, what do you think? Any good in some circumstances?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Hello. I have thought of an interesting moveset for an Arcanine.

Nature:: Impish
    EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk
    Flare Blitz
    ExtremeSpeed
    Morning Sun
    Protect/Toxic

First, the EV's. 252 HP makes it survive most attacks with the assist of Intimidate for physical sweepers.

Second, the last slot. Protect is used for Double Battles and some support by it's partner. Meganium I believe is th best partner to boost up Sunny Day and let Arcanine do the damage. Toxic is for Single Battles to wear down stallers that don't have Rest.

So, what do you think? Any good in some circumstances?

Idk, this is one of those "trying to do too much with four moveslots" kind of sets. The problem here is that you're trying to make both a support and offensive set all in one, which makes both elements of the moveset nonviable. Basically, you're gonna want to do one or the other. Either make him offensive or defensive, but not both.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nature:: Adamant / Jolly
    EV's: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Speed
    Flare Blitz
    ExtremeSpeed
    Morning Sun
    Protect/Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
    ^ This is pretty much the standard Arcanine set. Speed EVs allow you to outrun Gallade, Venusaur, and other base 80s, which is worth taking away some of HP EVs for. You can experiment with the EVs by taking away Attack EVs and adding more bulk, but usually you will want as much damage as possible. Then, for a wall / bulky kind of Arcanine that utilizes Intimidate, you will want Impish Nature with 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Speed. 248 HP EVs lets Arcanine take less SR damage, and 8 Speed is to outrun base 95s like Drapion who invest 4 EVs. And, you could use Roar in the last slot.

I don't know if this could work in doubles, because I would try making use of something like Heat Wave.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    What would a Wish Jynx moveset look like?

Terrible.

Dont use Jynx for Wish. SR, Pursuit, being inferior to Hypno/Lickilicky/Chansey/even Gardevoir at wishing are all factors for it. That is just in UU, dont even think about using it in OU because everything beats it, if you want me to elaborate i will lol

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I suppose this would be okay to ask here. I heard once that the teir of the team was the majority of each tiered Pokemon I had on there. So If I had 3 UUs, 2 OUs, and 1 NU would that team be considered UU because there are 3 of them?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • No, it'd be considered OU since you have 2 OU's. Even if you have 1 OU, it'd be considered OU.

Change

Sandstorm team expert.
    Years
  • A strategy question.

Out of a Choice Specs Shaymin and a Physical Batton Celebi. I'm leaning to them both, but I'm not sure that both in the same team would work, as Heatran, T-tar and other common sweepers would completly do them over. Any suggestions.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Does Impish Lapras have any potential? Or should I breed for another nature? :(

Unfortunately, Impish doesn't leave Lapras with too many options. Modest is your best bet really.

Nice to see you in S&M gurl ;D

Out of a Choice Specs Shaymin and a Physical Batton Celebi. I'm leaning to them both, but I'm not sure that both in the same team would work, as Heatran, T-tar and other common sweepers would completly do them over. Any suggestions.

As long as you compensate enough for your weakness, there's no reason why you can't use them on the same team. Although, as you said, it may give you a little trouble.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Unfortunately, Impish doesn't leave Lapras with too many options. Modest is your best bet really.

Nice to see you in S&M gurl ;D

What is the point of trying when I breed everything wrong? Stupid natures, hidden power, IVs, abilities, aaaaa. T___T

How about Careful Bronzor? >_<

/works on Lapras then

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • What is the point of trying when I breed everything wrong? Stupid natures, hidden power, IVs, abilities, aaaaa. T___T

How about Careful Bronzor? >_<

/works on Lapras then

If you're not using it specifically for competitve battling, then anything works really. But you know this already, lol...

And Careful can work on Bronzor/Zong, but Sassy is usually better since the speed lowering nature boosts the power of Gyro Ball, which it one of its best attacks :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I catch a zapdos with really good IV's and have a relaxed nature. I was thinking to make him a special defence wall, but i would like him to have roar. Can you help me with this moveset?

~Thunderbolt
    ~Roost
    ~Light Screen
    ~Heat Wave

What move should i take off to put roar?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I catch a zapdos with really good IV's and have a relaxed nature. I was thinking to make him a special defence wall, but i would like him to have roar. Can you help me with this moveset?

~Thunderbolt
    ~Roost
    ~Light Screen
    ~Heat Wave

What move should i take off to put roar?

Probably Light Screen tbh.

Also Discharge > T-Bolt imo, the paralysis is too good to pass up.

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • Yea, if you are doing special wall go discharge, because you dont need something as powerful as TB in that position.

Back