• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
  • Zam hasn't lost the elemental punches, but 50 base Attack is the minus in using the punches.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    I know what Bronzong's best at. It's not good as a Calm Mind sweeper or a Charge Beamer. This is because I had a Bronzong in the Battle Factory and it helped me alot.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Umbreon@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 S.DEF / 6 Att
    Sassy Nature
    - Moonlight
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Payback/Sucker Punch

So thanks to Dark Azelf I'm now going to use this set for Umbreon. But should I use Payback or Sucker Punch? Payback is more powerfull but Sucker priority, and unpredictable.
    Help?

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    i'd use payback, umbreon probably wont be doing enough damage with sucker punch anyway, unless you specifically need to outspeed a frail psychic type

although taunt might work well in conjunction with sucker punch

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • i'd use payback, umbreon probably wont be doing enough damage with sucker punch anyway, unless you specifically need to outspeed a frail psychic type

although taunt might work well in conjunction with sucker punch
    If Umbreon is the last Pokemon Sucker Puch would be very usefull. Also if they had been Toxict I could use it to avoid another attack since they'd already have low health. Plus who is going to be expecting being out speeded by an Umbreon tank?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    If Umbreon is the last Pokemon Sucker Puch would be very usefull. Also if they had been Toxict I could use it to avoid another attack since they'd already have low health. Plus who is going to be expecting being out speeded by an Umbreon tank?

On a Pokemon already set up bait i really would'nt use that.

That and 8 PP frikking sucks and is easy to wear out.

Also Payback has more power.

50 + going last = 100 BP + STAB = 150 BP

80 + stab = 120 bp.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • On Nasty Plot Houndoom, I'm currently running Hidden Power Psychic to smack around junk like Poliwrath/Hariyama/(insert bulky fighter or poison type here). It works pretty well, but HP Psychic doesn't hit Gallade for super effective. HP Flying gets the bulky Fighters and Gallade, but costs you IVs in Special Attack and Speed(which NP Doom wants), where Hidden Power Psychic doesn't cost either of these. Which Hidden Power should I use?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    On Nasty Plot Houndoom, I'm currently running Hidden Power Psychic to smack around junk like Poliwrath/Hariyama/(insert bulky fighter or poison type here). It works pretty well, but HP Psychic doesn't hit Gallade for super effective. HP Flying gets the bulky Fighters and Gallade, but costs you IVs in Special Attack and Speed(which NP Doom wants), where Hidden Power Psychic doesn't cost either of these. Which Hidden Power should I use?

Use flying, seriously 1 point in each stat doesnt even matter lol.

Also btw fire blast hits poison types and gallade harder.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • okaii let me get this stab thing straight

If garchomp uses EQ on metagross does stab make it

100+100(spr effective)+100(half 200 stab)=300
    or
    100+50(stab)+100(spr effective)= 250

also

if abomasnow uses avalanch on hippo is it

60+60(last)+120(spr effective) +120(half 240)=360
    or
    60+60(last)+120(spr effective)+30(half 60)=270

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Mostly, Bronzong is used as a Stealth Rocker, Trick Roomer or a supporter. But sometimes it's used as a sweeper rarely in teams. Which is why I've came up with the best moveset I can think of for a sweeping Bronzong. Can be used well against some Pokemon. But it still has it's flaws.

Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 HP/176 Def/76 Sp. Atk
    Ability: Levitate
    Held Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Psychic
    Flash Cannon
    Calm Mind
    Hypnosis/Rest

I know it doesn't look like a sweeper but it still takes hits really well and plays the long game. This Pokemon can even sweep or stall depending on it's moveset.

252 HP and 176 Def makes Bronzong take hits from physical sweepers like Tyranitar and Salamence with ease. The spare EV's goes to Sp. Atk for more damage.

Psychic is a must have on a sweeping Bronzong since it's a STAB attack.

Flash Cannon is another STAB move against Dark type Pokemon.

Calm Mind makes it more of a staller and a sweeper at the same time. Gengar will have trouble getting through this Bronzong.

The last move can either be Rest or Hypnosis. Rest is for healing it's HP right back up for more stalling. If it has a Chesto Berry. It instantly wakes up from it's sleep so that my opponenet has to do the role all over again.

Hypnosis can be used to make my opponent go to sleep and then set up. But it won't be stalling as it used to do. Plus, I won' get rid of the status problem if it has one.

And finally, the Leftovers is to gain little HP every turn for some more stalling.

So, what do you think? Good? Any improvements I need? Please reply. Thank you.
    I don't really see the point of using this instead of Jirachi who has ~2% better defenses, better Special Attack, 101 Substitutes, etc. and in general a much more instant threat (Bronzong has to Calm Mind up more). But, if your team needs a Ground immunity, then ok.

But, I would suggest Hidden Power Fire over Flash Cannon, as it lets Bronzong dent Steel-types.

okaii let me get this stab thing straight

If garchomp uses EQ on metagross does stab make it

100+100(spr effective)+100(half 200 stab)=300
    or
    100+50(stab)+100(spr effective)= 250

also

if abomasnow uses avalanch on hippo is it

60+60(last)+120(spr effective) +120(half 240)=360
    or
    60+60(last)+120(spr effective)+30(half 60)=270
    ^ These are the correct calculations.

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • I don't really see the point of using this instead of Jirachi who has ~2% better defenses, better Special Attack, 101 Substitutes, etc. and in general a much more instant threat (Bronzong has to Calm Mind up more). But, if your team needs a Ground immunity, then ok.

But, I would suggest Hidden Power Fire over Flash Cannon, as it lets Bronzong dent Steel-types.

^ These are the correct calculations

thanx i reall needed 2 know that, just had to say but...............
    OKAMI IS AWSOME!!!!! lol

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Brozong @ Life Orb
    Timid nature
    EVs: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Rock Polish
    -Flash Cannon
    -Psychic
    -Surf

Rock Polish to outspeed common threats.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Brozong @ Life Orb
    Timid nature
    EVs: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Rock Polish
    -Flash Cannon
    -Psychic
    -Surf

Rock Polish to outspeed common threats.
    Are you serious? RP ZONG? I mean, I used this to troll on the server once. 79 Special Attack is awful and will get you no where. Flash Cannon cannot OHKO max HP Smeargle and even standard Hippowdon walls you. Honestly, quit being an idiot (Aura reference <3) and look at your movesets to make sure they don't suck before posting here. One good suggestion would be to test the moveset first, since Surf is illegal on Bronzong, making it obvious that you never used this at all. Realize what gimmicks are, and don't make horrible movesets just to be unique. Come back with some logic (this is also a great recommendation to a lot other members), and we will welcome you with friendly hands. Use Agility Metagross.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Are you serious? RP ZONG? I mean, I used this to troll on the server once. 79 Special Attack is awful and will get you no where. Flash Cannon cannot OHKO max HP Smeargle and even standard Hippowdon walls you. Honestly, quit being an idiot (Aura reference <3) and look at your movesets to make sure they don't suck before posting here. One good suggestion would be to test the moveset first, since Surf is illegal on Bronzong, making it obvious that you never used this at all. Realize what gimmicks are, and don't make horrible movesets just to be unique. Come back with some logic (this is also a great recommendation to a lot other members), and we will welcome you with friendly hands. Use Agility Metagross.

RP Zong could work. His Special Attack isn't great but his Physcial Attack isn't all that hot either. I have used RP Zong before actually.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • You haven't used RP Zong, stop lying. It can't learn Surf, it can learn only two HM's which are Strength and Rock Smash. Go and get some knowledge first.

Edit: FreakyLocz14: Bibarel is actually a decent sweeper.
    That was on Smogon.

Last edited:

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    Hows this for Xatu?

Xatu @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 SpA
    -Trick
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam/Heat Wave

I've been trying to come up with a good set for xatu. thoughts on this one?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today

Stop trolling and go and discovers the wonders of RP Metagross.

Edit: FreakyLocz14: Bibarel is actually a decent sweeper.
    That was on Smogon.

lol

Hows this for Xatu?

Xatu @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 SpA
    -Trick
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam/Heat Wave

I've been trying to come up with a good set for xatu. thoughts on this one?

Heat Wave > Calm Mind so you dont get pooped on by steels.

Back