• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
Is Camouflage as bad a move as it looks (at first or always) ?
Camouflage Starmie...

Do Mean Look, Spider Web, Block all behave identical or are there limits to their operation?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Is Camouflage as bad a move as it looks (at first or always) ?
Camouflage Starmie...

Do Mean Look, Spider Web, Block all behave identical or are there limits to their operation?
Camouflage basically has no competitive value, on Shoddy I think it changes you to something like Normal always since there is no terrain and I'm not so sure about WiFi.

They are all the same move as far as I know, all trap them bar U-Turn/Shed Shell and aren't affected by stuff like Double Team.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Same result with CONVERSION P-Z (what to?) ?
Conversion is also pretty bad as it only changes your type to a move you have, since P-Z usually carry just Normal / Dark moves primarily that will be barely be of help.

Conversion 2 is slightly better if you want to take their main STAB easier but to honest P-Z doesn't have the defenses to plus their are better strategies then that and it's a gimmick at best.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2010
It has modest nature.

Drill Peck
Surf
Brine
Metal Claw

I'm in serious need of a move set suggestion

thanks

So I keep hearing people say:
"Blastoise can be a very powerful pokemon if trained right"
"Blastoise is a dominant pokemon if you know how to train it"

I have a lvl 37 blastoise
careful nature

Surf
Icebeam
Earthquake
Protect

Can someone please tell me how I train my blastoise "right"
I'm new to competitive play, and would really appreciate an explanation.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
It has modest nature.

Drill Peck
Surf
Brine
Metal Claw

I'm in serious need of a move set suggestion

thanks
Empoleon @ Petaya Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Speed
Modest Nature (+ SpA / - Atk)
- Agility
- Surf
- Substitute / Grass Knot
- Ice Beam / Grass Knot

Standard Empoleon, the idea is to switch into something like CB Scizor's Bullet Punch (Empoleon has a huge set of resistances so it will have a lot of chances to set up) forcing it to switch out while you set up an Agility, then you can Sub down until Empoleon's Petaya Berry activates. Now, you have +1 Special Attack (from the Petaya Berry), 1.5x powered Surfs (from Torrent), and +2 Speed. This is mainly used as a late game sweeper to clean up after everything is weakened. 12 HP EVs make its HP divisible by four, and 232 Speed is to outrun Scarf Heatran after an Agility. The last moveslot depends on your team, Ice Beam is for Latias, Salamence, Celebi, etc, where as Grass Knot is for bulky Waters like Vaporeon and Suicune. Grass Knot can also be used instead of Substitute for better coverage, but you lose some power, and the Torrent boost. Also, Life Orb is a better choice if you decide not to use Sub.

I can't help you with Blastoise, because I don't have any experience in UU.

Last edited:

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
The suggestions for the Garchomp are great. But now im feeling bored that I have to train another Gible for a good nature.

New question:
Shocker/Electivire
??? Nature
L43
Shock Wave
Rock Climb
Thunder Bolt
Discharge

Its at the moment of getting ev trained. What should I have the moveset as?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
The suggestions for the Garchomp are great. But now im feeling bored that I have to train another Gible for a good nature.

New question:
Shocker/Electivire
??? Nature
L43
Shock Wave
Rock Climb
Thunder Bolt
Discharge

Its at the moment of getting ev trained. What should I have the moveset as?
Since it looks specially based, I'll give you the mixed set:

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Speed
Mild Nature (+ SpA / - Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower

Hidden Power Ice or Grass depends on you, Ice + Thunderbolt gives the bolt-beam combo which hits everything in OU for neutral excluding Magnezone, and helps vs Gliscor, Salamence, and Dragonite, where as Grass helps with Swampert. Cross Chop helps with Tyranitar, Blissey, Snorlax, etc, and Flamethrower kills Celebi, Scizor, Bronzong, Metagross, etc.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
I realised the nature was Jolly (OHMYGOSH). So I may have to breed some to get one with Mild and HP type Ice/Grass,

Just relised my Breloom was sorta having a lack of KOing low levels
Breloom-Attack Sweeper @ Lucky Egg (Still in training)
Adamant
Spore (Dont replace this its for catching needs!)
Strength
Seed Bomb
Facade

Bad Breloom I guess? With over 220 attack at level 61, its having trouble beating up Gyarados as I really need to.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Umbreon moveset?

Does anybody know of a good moveset for an Umbreon? I have a female Umbreon and her current moves are Return, Confuse Ray, Faint Attack, and Mean Look. I've heard that Umbreon is a defensive Pokemon, but what do I do knowing that?! Please help!

Agent Y

Catching them all since 1998
Years
for umbreon.
i have 2, one is pure wish support for me. it has mean look, toxic, baton pass and wish.

the other one has more offense to it. it has payback, curse, wish and and protect although you may want baton pass to pass along the wish.

credit serebii.net for the last moveset.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
Would it be a smart move to mimic Palmer's Heatran? Unfortunately it wouldn't be the same as he has a Quiet Natured Heatran and mines a Gentle Nature. But would it smart to have it - 255 Attack, 255 Spec. Defence @ Focus Sash. And a move set - Explosion, Earth Power, Flash Cannon and Magma Storm?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I realised the nature was Jolly (OHMYGOSH). So I may have to breed some to get one with Mild and HP type Ice/Grass,
Jolly is decent with a physical set of ThunderPunch / Ice Punch / Earthquake / Meditate or Cross Chop, just remember to support well enough and remove physical walls by luring, etc.

Just relised my Breloom was sorta having a lack of KOing low levels
Breloom-Attack Sweeper @ Lucky Egg (Still in training)
Adamant
Spore (Dont replace this its for catching needs!)
Strength
Seed Bomb
Facade

Bad Breloom I guess? With over 220 attack at level 61, its having trouble beating up Gyarados as I really need to.
Once you're done training it, Toxic Orb would be a good option to consider (if you have Poison Heal as an ability). As for the moves, Focus Punch would be great instead of Strength, as Spore causes a lot switches giving you a chance to unleash a high powered STAB move. You can consider Stone Edge or Substitute in the last slot for Gyarados, Salamence, Zapdos, etc and Substitute helps ease prediction (plus it makes the SubPunch combo).

Does anybody know of a good moveset for an Umbreon? I have a female Umbreon and her current moves are Return, Confuse Ray, Faint Attack, and Mean Look. I've heard that Umbreon is a defensive Pokemon, but what do I do knowing that?! Please help!
Dark Azelf would be good person to ask that. ;)

Would it be a smart move to mimic Palmer's Heatran? Unfortunately it wouldn't be the same as he has a Quiet Natured Heatran and mines a Gentle Nature. But would it smart to have it - 255 Attack, 255 Spec. Defence @ Focus Sash. And a move set - Explosion, Earth Power, Flash Cannon and Magma Storm?
Honestly, Explosion already is powerful enough, and weakening Heatran's main moves will hinder it. So, I suggest using a simple EV spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed, with Fire Blast or Flamethrower instead of Magma Storm (unless you have some strategy with trapping), and Taunt, Substitute, Toxic, Hidden Power Grass (if it is available), etc instead of Flash Cannon as it provides poor coverage by not helping remove or cripple Water-types. But you could also use something like Substitute / Toxic / Flamethrower / Rest with 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD (since Heatran has a Gentle Nature), I don't know if it would work, but it's worth a try. I heard Rest without Sleep Talk works decently in Battle Tower / Frontier.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2010
So I'm trying to build a blastoise for competitive play heres its stats and stuff:

Blastoise Lvl 39 - Careful Nature
HP 125, AT 80, DEF 93, SPATK 64, SP DEF 103, SPD 67
Moveset:
Surf
Ice beam
Toxic
Protect

I feel like I need to add earthquake to counter electric types. Also, should I add rest? does anyone have any suggestions to make my blastoise better. Moveset suggestions ect.

Atomika

Installing Gravity
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
So I'm trying to build a blastoise for competitive play heres its stats and stuff:

Moveset:
Surf
Ice beam
Toxic
Protect

I feel like I need to add earthquake to counter electric types. Also, should I add rest? does anyone have any suggestions to make my blastoise better. Moveset suggestions ect.

This is how I run my Blast and he kicks some butt from time to time.. cant counter bigger things like Darkrai ect

Choice band

Surf
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Toxic

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years

Moveset:
Surf
Ice beam
Toxic
Protect

That's actually a decent set. Usually you'd have an electric counter on your team with a Blastoise, but if you insist, use a Physical Bulk set.

Spr_4d_009.png
@ Leftovers
Torrent
Impish/Careful Nature
240 HP, 76 Atk, 60 Def, 128 Sp. Def (Random EVs, but it could work)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Rapid Spin

Can hold it's own and can counter electric Pokemon.

This is how I run my Blast and he kicks some butt from time to time.. cant counter bigger things like Darkrai ect

Choice band

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide
Fixed
Why would you have Toxic on a CB Blastoise? The only non-attacking move you should have on a Choice user is Trick.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2010
So my blastoises Attack is 83 and sp attack is 66 at lvl 40.

So should that make waterfall more power since its a physical, even though surf is 95.

Last edited:
Back