• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
  • Here's a new team I've come up with, I haven't thought of the other three members yet. Swampert is the lead.

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earth Quake
    -Ice Beam
    -Roar

Claydol@Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA
    -Rapid Spin
    -Trick Room
    -Earth Power
    -Shadow Ball

Aggron@Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    -Head Smash
    -Aqua Tail
    -Avalanche
    -Focus Punch

Comments?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Here's a new team I've come up with, I haven't thought of the other three members yet. Swampert is the lead.

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earth Quake
    -Ice Beam
    -Roar

Claydol@Leftovers
    Bold
    -Rapid Spin
    -Trick Room
    -Earth Power
    -Shadow Ball

Aggron@Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    -Head Smash
    -Aqua Tail
    -Avalanche
    -Focus Punch

Comments?

Trick Room sucks outside a team soley dedicated to it. Claydol is also kinda ummm in ou. Bad Pursuit bait, id at least use Reflect on it > Trick Room.

Aggron wants Low Kick >> Focus Punch. Jolly nature and Rock Polish>>> Avalanche.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Trick Room is for Aggron, then I don't need:
    Aggron wants Low Kick >> Focus Punch. Jolly nature and Rock Polish>>> Avalanche.
    Because it'll out speed with much better attacks.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Trick Room is for Aggron, then I don't need:
    Because it'll out speed with much better attacks.

Thing is Avalanche makes you go last and everything that switches into it Aggron EQ's it so umm.

That and Avalanche/ice Attacks wont help you since everything is owned by your other attacks. It offers no additional coverage and doesnt hit anything that is of threat. Gliscor gets decimated by Head Smash, Hippowdon cant take Aqua Tails etc. If you want to hit Flygon for super effective, use Ice Punch so you actually go first.

Focus Punch is "not a much better attack" who in the right mind tries to set up on you in Trick Room ? Its pretty dumb, especially vs Aggron so Focus Punch will fail, you dont want to be taking risks in trick room by predicting and using Focus Punch, you get 5 turns to do something and if you start using Focus Punch it will backfire on you. Even more so if its for Rocks, Steels since they all pack EQ lol. Low Kick is superior.

Again, Trick Room is honestly terrible if just for the support of one Pokemon.

Lastly you do realize Aggron gets 436 speed after a rock polish right ? I.e it doesnt need Trick Room support.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    another question about ev's

if I kill a Golbat with my blastoise, and have my growlithe holding exp share.. how many evs does my growlithe recieve?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    another question about ev's

if I kill a Golbat with my blastoise, and have my growlithe holding exp share.. how many evs does my growlithe recieve?
    The Growlithe will receive the same EV's as your Blastoise, basically both will gain 2 Spe EV's.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • Questions about EV's!

Hello everyone!

I have some questions about EV's:
    Kricketune gives two attack EV's. And four EV's are one stat point. So if I beat two Kricketune's, my attack stat will be raised by one. Is that true? Or do you get that stat points when you level up? Or are you only getting EV's when you levelup?
    And a question about experience share and EV's: When I'll give my little Porygon of level 1 an experience share, and my rhyperior defeats a Kricketune, do they both get two attack EV's, or does only Rhyperior or Porygon get them?
    Edit: Another question here: what are IV's and how can you influence them?
    Really thanks!:D

Bart

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Killing 2 Kricketunes = 4 Attack EV's = +1 Attack. Yup, you got that right. In order to receive that change, however, you need to level up (thus why level 100's can't be EV-trained). Also note that if you kill 2 Kricketunes, you won't necessarily receive the stat point gain immediately, you will get that extra +1 somewhere on the way to level 100. Summa summarum, you can gain EV's at any time, but you need to level up in order to benefit from them.

As for the Exp. share question, look at Pokedra's post right over you. n_n

BartCiao

Years
  • Just a quick question: why does everyone show teams of six pokemon? Because you only may enter three (single battle) or four (double battle) pokemon, at least: in the battle tower or places like that. Or is competitive play not organised by the battle tower or places like that, but in an other way? Thanks in advance!~
    BartCiao

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Just a quick question: why does everyone show teams of six pokemon? Because you only may enter three (single battle) or four (double battle) pokemon, at least: in the battle tower or places like that. Or is competitive play not organised by the battle tower or places like that, but in an other way? Thanks in advance!~
    BartCiao

Because not many people do battle tower here, most rate-my-teams are just for normal, competitive play and are required to have 6 pokemon.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Hello everyone!

I have some questions about EV's:
    Kricketune gives two attack EV's. And four EV's are one stat point. So if I beat two Kricketune's, my attack stat will be raised by one. Is that true? Or do you get that stat points when you level up? Or are you only getting EV's when you levelup?
    And a question about experience share and EV's: When I'll give my little Porygon of level 1 an experience share, and my rhyperior defeats a Kricketune, do they both get two attack EV's, or does only Rhyperior or Porygon get them?
    Edit: Another question here: what are IV's and how can you influence them?
    Really thanks!:D

Bart

EV's will even out and you will get the correct amount by the time your pokemon gets to lvl 100.

IVs are short for Individual Values. They are numbers (from 0 to 31) in each stat that boosts the value of each statistic. There is no way to know the number of each IV in game, but on the pokemon card thingy there is a little blurb i.e. "Likes to run" means that the pokemon's highest IV is in speed. To determine an IV use a online IV calculator and enter in all the correct information. Also IVs determine a pokemons type and power of the move Hidden Power. To get more in depth discussions (I just put up the basics) on IVs go to google and type in "IV Pokemon" the first link should be to serebii.net (despite how most people around here feel about it) and it has a pretty good discussion about IV's.

Hope that helped to clear some stuff up.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok.Well, this kinda Rate-My-Set.

So i was wondering, is this a half-decent set for my Manaphy, and what pokemon would compliment this set in a team?

Obviously i need Kyogre to give me rain.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Careful (unfortunate, but i'm working around it)
    176 def / 252 hp / 82 Sp.Def
    Rest
    Bounce/Return (what would be more useful?)
    Waterfall
    Toxic

Basically, my Manaphy from Ranger was cursed with a Careful nature.
    So, i'm working around it.

This is a Toxic-Stall set.i thought i could use Waterfall as a STAB, and then either add in Return (which'll be powerful, the amount of massages it's had), or Bounce, which has it's uses, although it can be horrible due to 2-turneyness.Rest in Rain with Hydration = pwnage

Are the EVs any good?Do i need any attack EVs?I thought i could possibly put out a Ninjask lead, which could Swords Dance, and wack it's attack up high, as well as speed, before Baton Passing, making Manaphy an extremely fast toxic-staller.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years

• Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earth Quake
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf

Skarmory@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
    -Spikes
    -Whirlwind
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost

Claydol@Leftovers
    Bold
    -Rapid Spin
    -Reflect/Explosion
    -Earth Power
    -Shadow Ball

Aggron@Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Head Smash
    -Aqua Tail
    -Rock Polish
    -Low Kick

Absol@Life Orb
    Hasty
    252 Atk / 40 Sp.Atk / 216 Spe
    Sucker Punch
    Fire Blast
    Super Power
    Swords Dance

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    252 HP / 252 S.DEF / 6 Atk
    - Moonlight
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Payback

With this team I'll only be going in 2 OU 4 UU/NU battles. Comments?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I know that. I meant that I'll be going in battles with a max of 2 OU Pokemon, the rest can be anything, aside from ubers of course.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • You have 3 pokemon that are fighting weak.
    Swampert is your most sturdy pokemon.
    Absol wants a jolly or adamant nature and Fire Blast is a special move, it wants Psycho Cut.
    Everything else looks good i guess except you have no special sweeper.

BartCiao

Years
  • A simple question, but I was just wondering: Are single or double battles more common in competitive play? Or both? Is there any difference on this topic in Wi-Fi and ShoddyBattle?
    Thanks for answering!
    Bart

Back