• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is it a good idea to put a Flame Orb on my Milotic? It keeps him from getting other status ailments and raises his defence, but is it really worth the burn?

No, it kills Milotic too fast.

If you want to abuse Marvel Scale just use Rest Talk.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

"Official tiers"

I have a question of my own:

I have a heavy offensive team, because i got bored of stall taking so long and figured offense is as opposite as im going to get, the movesets arent really that importnat but i have
    Lead Elf
    DD Mence
    Rotom-A RestTalk
    CB Scizor
    Magnezone
    SubPetaya Empoleon
    I need to change CB Scizor for something that is just as powerful and good and also has a bunch of resistances, I tried using a Scarfgon but it didn't work out because it left me with two things weak to ice and dragons, i was thinking maybe a CB Pert or SD Gliscor. I just need something to replace scizor because having three steels = oh noes magnezone/metagross.

That isnt heavy offense because you have a wall, a choice user and a Magnezone. That is bulky offense.

Heavy offense is quite literally a dual screen lead + 5 set up sweepers walled by the same thing so they in theory break through the counters and checks by overwhelming it. Though it isnt as easy as it sounds because its very easy to wall and kill with scarfers lol.

Anyways Heavy offense doesnt use choice users because it lets things set up on you. For heavy offense you dont switch to counters and checks you just keep attacking so they cant set up. If they do set up you WILL get swept so you just make sacrifices basically to kill the foe.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Well, either way, I need a suggestion for my useless scizor or my favorite SubPetaya empoleon.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Okay so here's a possible VGC team it's 4 Pokemon a doubles match.

The following are banned:
    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus

You can use up to TWO of the following Ubers:
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina

Well I'm not using any Ubers because they're for nubs so here it goes. This is a first draft so I'm very open to suggestions maybe. I may use one Uber if absolutely necessary but not two.

My two leads:
    Bronzong @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Heatproof
    Brave nature
    EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/32 Atk/124 SpD, 0 Speed IV
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Gyro Ball

Gyarados @ Waccan Berry
    Impish nature
    EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Speed
    -Waterfall
    -Bounce
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake

Lucario @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    Timid nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball
    -Wacuum Wave / Protect

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Speed
    -Ice Shard
    -Night Slash
    -Brick Break
    -Pursuit

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
    Years
  • Okay so here's a possible VGC team it's 4 Pokemon a doubles match.

The following are banned:
    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus

You can use up to TWO of the following Ubers:
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina

Well I'm not using any Ubers because they're for nubs so here it goes. This is a first draft so I'm very open to suggestions maybe. I may use one Uber if absolutely necessary but not two.

My two leads:
    Bronzong @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Heatproof
    Brave nature
    EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/32 Atk/124 SpD, 0 Speed IV
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosionvit
    -Earthquake
    -Gyro Ball

Gyarados @ Waccan Berry
    Impish nature
    EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Speed
    -Waterfall
    -Bounce
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake

Lucario @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    Timid nature
    -Calm Mind
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball
    -Wacuum Wave / Protect

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Speed
    -Ice Shard
    -Night Slash
    -Brick Break
    -Pursuit
    Bronzong:
    Levitate >> Heatproof even with shuca berry ground is an extremely common move type, and if something with earthquake switches into you Bronzong can't do a thing to it. So i sesgoing for levitate and Occa Berry.

Gyarados: Standard, although good idea giving it a Wacan Berry seeing as rain dance teams are likely be common because of Kyogre not being banned, which means more Thunder. But i fear that Earthquake is a bad decision if you go with the same on Bronzong because then 2 of your pokemon are weak to it and will most likely faint from it, Weavile is also very frail and will easily get 2HKO'd if you have any Dragon dances up.

Lucario:
    Calm Mind Lucario might work, but not with Ubers running around and if you use Earthquake with Gyarados while Lucario's on the field, especially seeing as you have nothing except weavile too counter dragons on this team and the fact that quite a few of the Ubers that are available have quite high Special Defense, and in turn can OHKO Lucario.

Weavile:
    I highly suggest you just go 252Attk/252Spe/4hp as Weavile is Frail and can live through basically nothing. Also go for Ice punch >> Ice shard as the only things you can kill with Ice Shard have a lower base speed than you anyway.

Overview:
    You have a major fire weakness and the Smogon Choice Scarf Ho-Oh sweep most of this team with ease. Same with Rain dance teams, the Smogon VersatileOgre rips through this team with ease OHKOing everything but Bronzong. To cover both those weaknesses i highly suggest Palkia, even though you don't want to use Ubers it can take any hits from Both Kyogre and Ho-Oh and proceed to OHKO both of them with this set (did damage calcs & doesn't always OHKO Kyogre but it outspeeds so it can still win easily.):

Palkia @ Choice Specs @ Timid
    4hp/252spe/252sp.A
    Hydro Pump/Surf
    Spacial Rend
    Thunder
    Draco Meteor

^From Smogon^
    I still highly suggest Levitate on Bronzong because with a couple of DD's up Gyara can still do a lot to Palkia with earthquake. And it needs a partner to use Earthquake with if you want to use it at all.

Hope i helped :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    I got a shiny Impish Aron from a trader on Serebii and evolved it into Aggron. I checked the IV's and it has 31 IV's in HP, Atk and Def. The other IV's are not 31 or 30. However, using my knowledge while looking up movesets for an Impish Aggron. I think I found the right moveset for it.

Nature: Impish
    V's: 252 HP/36 Atk/216 Def
    Ability: Sturdy
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Iron Head
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Roar/Taunt

The trainer who owned this Pokemon says it take hits like a beast. I hope that's true.

Iron Head is a STAB move which can have a chance at flinching the opponent against Rock and Ice types. Doesn't OHKO alot of Pokemon but it can still do a ton of damage.

Earthquake as a big favourite is used for Fire, Electric, Rock, Poison and opposing Steel types. However, as an Impish Aggron it doesn't OHKO much but it has boosted Defense to take hits more than an Adamant Aggron.
    Stealth Rock is used for additional damage to Focus Sashers. It's really useful when Flying or Fire types are sent out.

There are 2 options for the last moveslot Taunt or Roar.

Taunt is veeerrry useful for breaking stallers like Cradily and Blissey. It also stops Baton Passing teams with ease.

Roar is kinda recommended if you have Stealth Rock on the field. Not only that it disengages the opposing Pokemon from battle and send in another on at random, but Stealth Rock deals the punishment to the opponent. Roar is also a great move to stop Dragon Dancers and Baton Passers. So, if you are having trouble facing Baton Passing teams...bring in the Aggressor!

The weakness of my Aggron is Sp. Atks. I have to watch out for them if they appear. They will deal more pain to Aggron than physical attackers. If you are using an Aggron and have a Chansey in your team or Blissey depending on the tiers, you won't have a big problem. Mismagius is also a good option too if I can calculate it right...

So, there you have it. My shiny, Impish Aggron. What do you think? Is it useful, useless or is there anything I could improve on? It won't do much in OU Battles but in UU battles it will.

Please reply, thank you.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Well, impish is a bad nature for Aggron, if you can try to breed with another aron or ditto and try and get a Adamant one because its better. Also, you want one that has the Rock head ability to take advantage of impressively powerful moves like head smash and double-edge without having to worry about recoil. One moveset that destroys alot of things is this:

Aggron @ Life Orb
    252Atk/252Spe/4 Def
    Jolly/Adamant Nature (either or)
    Trait: Rock Head
    -Rock Polish
    -Head Smash
    -Aqua Tail
    -Low Kick/Brick Break (I suggest low kick for heavy steels like steelix and opposing aggrons, but brick break is good for barrier users, its your call)

This set is really strong, set up a rock polish on something that won't hurt you too much (less than 20-30% preferrably) then go to town, Head Smash w/150 power and Aggrons 110 base attack = owie for alot of things. It also helps to have spikes/sr support (or both) on your team.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • I've got some questions about IV's:
    - What are IV's?
    - Are they important? (Do they have a lot of influence on your stats?)
    - Can you influence them, and how?

Thanks in advance!
    BartCiao

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I've got some questions about IV's:
    - What are IV's?
    - Are they important? (Do they have a lot of influence on your stats?)
    - Can you influence them, and how?

Thanks in advance!
    BartCiao

IVs are short for Individual Values. They are numbers (from 0 to 31) in each stat that boosts the value of each statistic. There is no way to know the number of each IV in game, but on the pokemon card thingy there is a little blurb i.e. "Likes to run" means that the pokemon's highest IV is in speed. To determine an IV use a online IV calculator and enter in all the correct information. Also IVs determine a pokemons type and power of the move Hidden Power. To get more in depth discussions (I just put up the basics) on IVs go to google and type in "IV Pokemon" the first link should be to serebii.net (despite how most people around here feel about it) and it has a pretty good discussion about IV's.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Bronzong:
    Levitate >> Heatproof even with shuca berry ground is an extremely common move type, and if something with earthquake switches into you Bronzong can't do a thing to it. So i sesgoing for levitate and Occa Berry.

Gyarados: Standard, although good idea giving it a Wacan Berry seeing as rain dance teams are likely be common because of Kyogre not being banned, which means more Thunder. But i fear that Earthquake is a bad decision if you go with the same on Bronzong because then 2 of your pokemon are weak to it and will most likely faint from it, Weavile is also very frail and will easily get 2HKO'd if you have any Dragon dances up.

Lucario:
    Calm Mind Lucario might work, but not with Ubers running around and if you use Earthquake with Gyarados while Lucario's on the field, especially seeing as you have nothing except weavile too counter dragons on this team and the fact that quite a few of the Ubers that are available have quite high Special Defense, and in turn can OHKO Lucario.

Weavile:
    I highly suggest you just go 252Attk/252Spe/4hp as Weavile is Frail and can live through basically nothing. Also go for Ice punch >> Ice shard as the only things you can kill with Ice Shard have a lower base speed than you anyway.

Overview:
    You have a major fire weakness and the Smogon Choice Scarf Ho-Oh sweep most of this team with ease. Same with Rain dance teams, the Smogon VersatileOgre rips through this team with ease OHKOing everything but Bronzong. To cover both those weaknesses i highly suggest Palkia, even though you don't want to use Ubers it can take any hits from Both Kyogre and Ho-Oh and proceed to OHKO both of them with this set (did damage calcs & doesn't always OHKO Kyogre but it outspeeds so it can still win easily.):

Palkia @ Choice Specs @ Timid
    4hp/252spe/252sp.A
    Hydro Pump/Surf
    Spacial Rend
    Thunder
    Draco Meteor

^From Smogon^
    I still highly suggest Levitate on Bronzong because with a couple of DD's up Gyara can still do a lot to Palkia with earthquake. And it needs a partner to use Earthquake with if you want to use it at all.

Hope i helped :)

I already scrapped Weavile for this:

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Timid nature
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psychic
    -Surf
    -Energy Ball

Good Palkia set I'll consider it. Also thinking of doing Levitate Bronzong with the appropriate type-resistant berry so Gyara can run EQ. I'm running EQ becuase the only things that resist Waterfall and Bounce are EQ weak (e.g. Lanturn and Empoleon)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I know this has nothing to do with movestets breeding or whatever, but Darkhunter, can you please change your text color so its readable?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I already scrapped Weavile for this:

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Timid nature
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psychic
    -Surf
    -Energy Ball

Good Palkia set I'll consider it. Also thinking of doing Levitate Bronzong with the appropriate type-resistant berry so Gyara can run EQ. I'm running EQ becuase the only things that resist Waterfall and Bounce are EQ weak (e.g. Lanturn and Empoleon)

Energy Ball + Psychic sucks, use T-Bolt/Trick and Dragon Pulse.

Swampert isnt a threat and Psychic doesnt even add anything to the set apart from "please Pursuit me"

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Would Draco Meteor, TBolt, Ice Beam, Trick be viable on Specs Latios?

"Nice Heatran weakness" Ice Beam also sucks, hits nothing your other moves wont lol

Draco +Surf should be the basis of all specs sets with any two of Dragon Pulse/T-Bolt/Trick filling the last 2 slots.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    "Nice Heatran weakness" Ice Beam also sucks, hits nothing your other moves wont lol

Draco +Surf should be the basis of all specs sets with any two of Dragon Pulse/T-Bolt/Trick filling the last 2 slots.

Okay I'll take note of that. It's Draco, Surf, TBolt, Trick. Or come to think of it I'm not sure if Soul Dew is banned in the VGCs or not. If not I will do Dragon Pulse instead of Trick.

Concerning Lucario if I do and SD set should I run Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed, Stone Edge as the attacking moves or should I have EQ or one of the punchses somewhere in there?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay I'll take note of that. It's Draco, Surf, TBolt, Trick.

Concerning Lucario if I do and SD set should I run Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed, Stone Edge as the attacking moves or should I have EQ or one of the punchses somewhere in there?

EQ doesnt help like at all. Every single steel type is OHKO'd by Close Combat and it doesnt hit anything else.

Lucario@Life Orb
    252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Inner Focus
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge / Crunch / Ice Punch

pretty much.

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
  • Hello everyone!

Just got a quick question: Once, my friend said that if you use a move more often, it gains more accuracy. He tried it with Fissure on Blastoise, and he said Fissure now never misses! But:
    - Is this only on the earlier games?
    - Is this in Wi-Fi too?
    It would be really cheat, so I don't think so, but when it's, it's cheat!

Thanks! BartCiao

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Hello everyone!

Just got a quick question: Once, my friend said that if you use a move more often, it gains more accuracy. He tried it with Fissure on Blastoise, and he said Fissure now never misses! But:
    - Is this only on the earlier games?
    - Is this in Wi-Fi too?
    It would be really cheat, so I don't think so, but when it's, it's cheat!

Thanks! BartCiao

There's no correlation between the amount of times you use a move and its accuracy, unfortunately =(

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I'm trying to decide on a new water type. I bred an Adamant DD Lapras to replace my modest one. But my other choice is a modest Wish Eevee that I would evolve into Vaporeon. Which should I use, what should their Spreads be and what movesets should I aim for? I feel like a blind smogon follow would be bad.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm trying to decide on a new water type. I bred an Adamant DD Lapras to replace my modest one. But my other choice is a modest Wish Eevee that I would evolve into Vaporeon. Which should I use, what should their Spreads be and what movesets should I aim for? I feel like a blind smogon follow would be bad.

DD Lapras is pretty terrible actually but if you want the set:

Lapras @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Adamant
    32 HP / 252 Attack / 224 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Return / Zen Headbutt
    - Substitute / Ice Beam / Ice Shard

Wish Vaporeon wants bold with a bulky EV spread:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Special Defense
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Surf
    - HP Electric / Toxic / Ice Beam

Blindly following Smogon isn't bad, these are standard sets that everyone is aware of and uses frequently simply because they work the best.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    DD Lapras is pretty terrible actually but if you want the set:

Lapras @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Adamant
    32 HP / 252 Attack / 224 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Return / Zen Headbutt
    - Substitute / Ice Beam / Ice Shard

Wish Vaporeon wants bold with a bulky EV spread:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Special Defense
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Surf
    - HP Electric / Toxic / Ice Beam

Blindly following Smogon isn't bad, these are standard sets that everyone is aware of and uses frequently simply because they work the best.

Oh wow. I found a perfect bold Eevee in my army of wishers I bred when I figured out how to. HP electric, perfect IVs... But which move would be more advantageous? Ice Beam or HP Electric?

Back