• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Just another quick question: what is more fun: OU, Uber or UU battling?

That is completely up to you, why don't you try them all out? ;D

Why? And ARE their League's for Double Battling? Or does nobody do double battles?

Rarely do people do double battles competitively. As for singles being more popular, most in-game battling is done with singles battling, so I would imagine people naturally gravitate to it more than double due to their familiarity with it. I'm sure you can find a few people who do doubles, but not many.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok.Well, this kinda Rate-My-Set.

So i was wondering, is this a half-decent set for my Manaphy, and what pokemon would compliment this set in a team?

Obviously i need Kyogre to give me rain.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Careful (unfortunate, but i'm working around it)
    176 def / 252 hp / 82 Sp.Def
    Rest
    Bounce/Return (what would be more useful?)
    Waterfall
    Toxic

Basically, my Manaphy from Ranger was cursed with a Careful nature.
    So, i'm working around it.

This is a Toxic-Stall set.i thought i could use Waterfall as a STAB, and then either add in Return (which'll be powerful, the amount of massages it's had), or Bounce, which has it's uses, although it can be horrible due to 2-turneyness.Rest in Rain with Hydration = pwnage

Are the EVs any good?Do i need any attack EVs?I thought i could possibly put out a Ninjask lead, which could Swords Dance, and wack it's attack up high, as well as speed, before Baton Passing, making Manaphy an extremely fast toxic-staller.

don't ignore me guys.i rrallly need your help

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    This would be better if you could manage finding a Calm Manaphy

Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Calm
    240 HP / 164 SpA / 104 SpD
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam / Grass Knot

With rain support this is obviously a very hard set to take down, goes along the same lines as yours except there are a few special attack EVs added to make Surf very powerful in the rain.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I know.But at the moment i can't get another Manaphy.Although i'm trying to get around 10 off one guy.Still, would mine work?

EDIT: I could put U-Turn in my fourth slot instead of Return

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Ok.Well, this kinda Rate-My-Set.

So i was wondering, is this a half-decent set for my Manaphy, and what pokemon would compliment this set in a team?

Obviously i need Kyogre to give me rain.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Careful (unfortunate, but i'm working around it)
    176 def / 252 hp / 82 Sp.Def
    Rest
    Return
    Waterfall
    Toxic

Basically, my Manaphy from Ranger was cursed with a Careful nature.
    So, i'm working around it.

This is a Toxic-Stall set.i thought i could use Waterfall as a STAB, and then either add in Return (which'll be powerful, the amount of massages it's had), or Bounce, which has it's uses, although it can be horrible due to 2-turneyness.Rest in Rain with Hydration = pwnage

Are the EVs any good?Do i need any attack EVs?I thought i could possibly put out a Ninjask lead, which could Swords Dance, and wack it's attack up high, as well as speed, before Baton Passing, making Manaphy an extremely fast toxic-staller.

A) Don't use ninjask lead.
    B) You can breed a manaphy to get a better nature, in case you didn't know that.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    No you can't, you get a Phione egg

Oh. Well in that case, try this moveset:

176Hp/56atk/200Def/80SDef
    Rain Dance (assuming you aren't using it w/Kyogre)
    Toxic
    Waterfall
    Rest/Heal Bell/Protect

If your trying to toxic stall that would I guess do it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Is Brick Break good to use on CB Weavile? I'm considering using a CB Revenge Killer Weavile and looking into Brick Break > Low Kick since screens are rather common in PBR Doubles.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes.Brick Break is a good move, as you can counter something lighter (such as a Mean Look Umbreon, other Weaviles,or other stuff)

devilicious

dream
    Years
    CB Weavile is pretty crappy in doubles. I wouldn't use it at all, imo.

You're much better off running a Fake Out / Pursuit / Ice Shard / Taunt set than going CB.
    Buuuut in any case, Brick Break is a good option, but certainly not better than Low Kick.
    Screens are manageable to get around, specially because most screeners are slower than Weavile and thus can get Taunted before setting up.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    On a DDGyara set how good is using Bounce?

It's a very good option, maybe not so much on the pure offensive set but on the bulky and sub set it does very well. Plus Flying+Water offers amazing type coverage, only resisted by Empoleon and Lanturn.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well it's for a Wi-Fi team. I caught a Gyarados that is Impish nature so I EV'd it to be bulky. It has Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Bounce, and Protect (you need Protect like on everything in doubles).

I don't know if I should swap Bounce for Ice Fang or EQ or just keep it.

Also 2x2 Wi-Fi on PBR is random so nubs will have Dark Void Darkrai. I came up with this Lucario especially for it (any other status inducer should beware as well):

Lucario @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Steadfast
    Timid nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Aura Sphere
    -Flash Cannon
    -Magic Coat

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Use bounce in conjunction with a pokemon who has toxic/w-o-w or something it stalls out more damage.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I need help in deciding what move to have mewtwo learn. Which move is better Reflect or Barrier? thanks in advance

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I need help in deciding what move to have mewtwo learn. Which move is better Reflect or Barrier? thanks in advance
    Reflect is better(the only MewTwo set that runs it is Dual-Screen Mewtwo) since it also affects your team and can be prolonged with Light Clay while Barrier only affects MewTwo.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    good point ill play around with reflect. btw whats light clay? some sort of item?

Back