• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay. thanks! Does it matter what level my Pokemon is? Or can I use it even if it's Lv 1?
    It's more accurate at level 100, and you can either get them to level 100 quick is using multiple Rare Candies or an IV battle. You can ask for an IV battle in one of the stickies in the Battle Stadium forum.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • What's a good anti-lead set for an Electrode that does not need to set up Rain Dance? This is what I have, just want to see if anybody else has anything better:

Electrode @ Focus Sash
    Hasty Nature- Soundproof
    252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk

Thunderbolt
    Taunt
    Hidden Power Water
    Explosion

Thunderbolt is for a general STAB, Hidden Power Water hits Steelix switch-ins hard, and Explosion blows up everything. Taunt cripples most leads (aka non Scarfs) and prevents them from setting up Stealth Rock. Another reason I chose Hidden Power Water was to kill off Steelix but retain coverage on other ground leads like Nidoking. I may try to worm Protect onto the set somewhere solely because of Ambipom.

Any better ideas?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This is gonna sound stupid...

How do I get a Blissey with Wish? According to Serebii it neither learns it through levelling or an Egg move, so theres obviously a mistake there(?).

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • This is gonna sound stupid...

How do I get a Blissey with Wish? According to Serebii it neither learns it through levelling or an Egg move, so theres obviously a mistake there(?).

Blissey got wish as part of an event at New York Pokemon Center. I don't remember exactly how long ago that was. The only way to get it now is to find one through the GTS.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I have a Bold Latias and I need a set for it or is it not worth EV training

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • What's a good anti-lead set for an Electrode that does not need to set up Rain Dance? This is what I have, just want to see if anybody else has anything better:

Electrode @ Focus Sash
    Hasty Nature- Soundproof
    252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk

Thunderbolt
    Taunt
    Hidden Power Water
    Explosion

Thunderbolt is for a general STAB, Hidden Power Water hits Steelix switch-ins hard, and Explosion blows up everything. Taunt cripples most leads (aka non Scarfs) and prevents them from setting up Stealth Rock. Another reason I chose Hidden Power Water was to kill off Steelix but retain coverage on other ground leads like Nidoking. I may try to worm Protect onto the set somewhere solely because of Ambipom.

Any better ideas?

Leading with Electrode is actually not very effective unless you're trying to set up Rain Dance, because all you can do really is Taunt and Explode. There are much more effective anti-leads out there for UU, so I'd try to go for something different.

Unfortunately, Bold isn't a useful nature for Latias. Timid is preferred for almost all of its sets.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Unfortunately, Bold isn't a useful nature for Latias. Timid is preferred for almost all of its sets.

Thanks, I also have another question. I want to make a bulky CB Scizor and put the HP ev's from the Smogon set into Defence and Sp. Defence. What do you guys think.

I was thinking about 180 De f/ 252 Atk/ 16 Spe / 56 Sp. Def

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks, I also have another question. I want to make a bulky CB Scizor and put the HP ev's from the Smogon set into Defence and Sp. Defence. What do you guys think.

I was thinking about 180 De f/ 252 Atk/ 16 Spe / 56 Sp. Def
    Scizor is more defensive with HP. If you do run a bulky spread, take away EVs from Attack, and keep the 248 EVs in HP.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today

Latias@Leftovers
    252 HP / 28 DEF / 230 S.DEF
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Reflect
    - Roar / Wish / Thunderwave
    - Dragon Pulse

Pretty much yields the same stats as the standard 252 HP / 116 DEF / 112 S.DEF spread @ calm, you just lose like 3 sp.def points.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • What would be a good replacement for Rotom-A over WiFi (I'm specifically using a Rest/Talk/Discharge/Reflect set). Maybe Spiritomb or Missy? Failnoir is meh lol.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    What would be a good replacement for Rotom-A over WiFi (I'm specifically using a Rest/Talk/Discharge/Reflect set). Maybe Spiritomb or Missy? Failnoir is meh lol.

Rotom (Original version) @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 S.DEF
    Bold Nature
    - Discharge
    - W-O-W
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

LOL

But seriously, you can actually AR these things for wifi to keep them that way, just google the code.

If not Spiritomb, Mismag and Sucknoir are your best bets for spin blocking. If you want similar resistances, then Zapdos has all (?) of them.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Hello there,long time no see.
    i know it sounds crazy but I was thinking if its possible to build a tailwind moveset for skarmory. i was thinking of an offensive set with sword dance in it.
    Or something else like scizor maybe?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello there,long time no see.
    i know it sounds crazy but I was thinking if its possible to build a tailwind moveset for skarmory. i was thinking of an offensive set with sword dance in it.
    Or something else like scizor maybe?

Tail wind is awful. ~.~

Skarmory@Shed Shell / Pamtre Berry / Life Orb / Leftovers
    252 HP/ 74 ATT / 184 SPEED
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    - Drill Peck
    - Steel Wing / Rock Slide / Natural Gift / Night Slash / Taunt

Pretty much.

Natural Gift @ Pamtre berry is a base 80 ground move to you can nail Magnezone.

Night Slash for the Rotoms, Taunt is just Taunt and screws set ups, Rock Slide hits Gyarados and Mence and Zapdos and Steel Wing hits Rock types and is prolly the best for coverage. You can use Rock Smash in that last slot but its really weak, even with a LO + SD it does like 31% max to min/min Magnezone. x__X lol

Evs beat Jolly max Tar.

But yeah Scizor does this WAY WAY WAY better haha.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Thanks. much better to the one i had in mind.
    I am between steel wing and natural gift for the fourth move. probably steel wing for STAB but i also like natural gift for steel types opponents.
    In case of a bulky SD scizor can i put bug bite over superpower/brick break? does it make any difference?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks. much better to the one i had in mind.
    I am between steel wing and natural gift for the fourth move. probably steel wing for STAB but i also like natural gift for steel types opponents.
    In case of a bulky SD scizor can i put bug bite over superpower/brick break? does it make any difference?

Well you NEED superpower on any Scizor set or you are utter steel bait. Use SD/ bug bite or roost/SuperPower or Brick Break/Bullet Punch.

Also, is it just me or does this have quite a bit of potential ?

Lapras@Leftovers
    248 HP / 204 DEF / 56 S.DEF
    Careful / Calm nature
    Trait : Water Absorb
    - Block
    - Protect
    - Sing
    - Perish Song

Sing the obvious fighting type/counter and then Block your secondary counter and then Perish Song and Protect and wait for it to run out and switch on the last turn. Fun, no ? XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Well you NEED superpower on any Scizor set or you are utter steel bait. Use SD/ bug bite or roost/SuperPower or Brick Break/Bullet Punch.

Also, is it just me or does this have quite a bit of potential ?

Lapras@Leftovers
    248 HP / 204 DEF / 56 S.DEF
    Careful / Calm nature
    Trait : Water Absorb
    - Block
    - Protect
    - Sing
    - Perish Song

Sing the obvious fighting type/counter and then Block your secondary counter and then Perish Song and Protect and wait for it to run out and switch on the last turn. Fun, no ? XD

Well I guess it works well in UU, but are you using it in OU ?

Back