• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

lavaoutpour

Scizor Master
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2013
    Scizor pwns

Scizor is my favorite pokemon and I wanted to incorporate it in my party. Recently I saw two people's movesets/ strategies that I thought were really good(a lot better than mine). Can someone please tell me which is better. Credit for these goes to GengarNightmare and Fire Wolf. Thank you

Swords Dance + Bullet Punch
    This is the classic set up executed by Scizor, since Scizor is by far the best at it. It's simple: Scizor uses Swords Dance, but it is outran by the opponent. Suddenly, Scizor attacks immediately afterward because bullet punch is a priority move, and BAM, dead pokemon. After a 200% increase from Swords Dance, a 130% increase from Life Orb, another 150% from STAB, yet another 150% from Technician, and a possible 200% if it is super-effective (critical hits anyone?), suddenly that base 40 attack becomes monsterous.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 248hp, 252atk
    Moveset:
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit
    Comments: The god of Revenge Killing, SCIZOR! Bullet Punch + Priority x Choice Band x STAB x Technician = Pwnage! Needs no more explantion, I think :D.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Scizor is my favorite pokemon and I wanted to incorporate it in my party. Recently I saw two people's movesets/ strategies that I thought were really good(a lot better than mine). Can someone please tell me which is better. Credit for these goes to GengarNightmare and Fire Wolf. Thank you

This is the classic set up executed by Scizor, since Scizor is by far the best at it. It's simple: Scizor uses Swords Dance, but it is outran by the opponent. Suddenly, Scizor attacks immediately afterward because bullet punch is a priority move, and BAM, dead pokemon. After a 200% increase from Swords Dance, a 130% increase from Life Orb, another 150% from STAB, yet another 150% from Technician, and a possible 200% if it is super-effective (critical hits anyone?), suddenly that base 40 attack becomes monsterous.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Moveset:
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit
    Comments: The god of Revenge Killing, SCIZOR! Bullet Punch + Priority x Choice Band x STAB x Technician = Pwnage! Needs no more explantion, I think :D.

Well both of these are really common and there is no need to give credit since no one really created either of them. They're just "common sense" enough that they became popular quickly.

But it depends on your team. The Choice Bander has much more general utility (AKA it is usually more useful), but Swords Dance Scizor is a far better pure sweeper that is effective when supported properly.

lavaoutpour

Scizor Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2013
    Can someone please tell me what these terms mean!!!

OU

RMT

Thanks for your cooperation

Detox

Is there like a set for a mixed Dragonite that includes Extremespeed?

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    What would be best for a Pikachu, Double Team or Light Screen?

Some more info:
    Pikachu / Level 40
    Brave Nature
    Attack: 72
    Defense: 32
    Sp. Attack: 56
    Sp. Defense: 44
    Speed: 69

I don't want to delete Thunder Wave for catching purposes, and Thunder is too powerful to get rid of, as for getting rid of Thunderbolt, I need this because Thunder is too inaccurate but worth a gamble against a strong opponent. I will probably teach Return over something later on as well, it would be a shame to see such good attack go to waste, so which moves should I delete out of:

Thunder Wave / Thunder / Double Team / Thunderbolt

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Is there like a set for a mixed Dragonite that includes Extremespeed?

Not that I know of, besides, Extremespeed Dragonite can only come from Pokemon Ranch, and it's really hard to get a beneficial Nature, so I wouldn't recomment it.

What would be best for a Pikachu, Double Team or Light Screen?

Some more info:
    Pikachu / Level 40
    Brave Nature
    Attack: 72
    Defense: 32
    Sp. Attack: 56
    Sp. Defense: 44
    Speed: 69

I don't want to delete Thunder Wave for catching purposes, and Thunder is too powerful to get rid of, as for getting rid of Thunderbolt, I need this because Thunder is too inaccurate but worth a gamble against a strong opponent. I will probably teach Return over something later on as well, it would be a shame to see such good attack go to waste, so which moves should I delete out of:

Thunder Wave / Thunder / Double Team / Thunderbolt

Depends on what you're using it for.
    I assume you're just using it to play through your game? Then I'd recommend using Double Team.
    Also, I'd recommend getting rid of Thunder, and replace with Hidden Power.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    Depends on what you're using it for.
    I assume you're just using it to play through your game? Then I'd recommend using Double Team.
    Also, I'd recommend getting rid of Thunder, and replace with Hidden Power.
    Yes, I probably should have mentioned, I am just using it to play through the game. I will EV train a Pikachu / Raichu at a separate time for wifi battles and such. I am currently about to challenge Crasher Wake for the second time.

What are the advantages of Hidden Power? Will it be as powerful as Thunder? Thanks.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Yes, I probably should have mentioned, I am just using it to play through the game. I will EV train a Pikachu / Raichu at a separate time for wifi battles and such. I am currently about to challenge Crasher Wake for the second time.

What are the advantages of Hidden Power? Will it be as powerful as Thunder? Thanks.

Well Hidden Power isn't as powerful as Thunder, but it has better accuracy, and can be a random type, which can really help you out later on in the game.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Well Hidden Power isn't as powerful as Thunder, but it has better accuracy, and can be a random type, which can really help you out later on in the game.

Well, provided he actually finds out what type it is and it's power. Otherwise it won't be very useful at all ;x

Phoenix2389

ex-Gym Leader and Ice Warrior
    Years
  • Gotta question,
    Im making an electrode lead, but I dont need it to rain dance,
    and with that I think I should change the EVs From:

252Atk/48SpA/208Spe

TO

48AtK/208 SpA/252Spe
    Heres the moveset:
    Taunt
    Explosion
    Thunderbolt
    Protect

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Gotta question,

252Atk/48SpA/208Spe

TO

48AtK/208 SpA/252Spe
    Heres the moveset:
    Taunt
    Explosion
    Thunderbolt
    Protect

That's not really accomplishing much to be honest, and without max attack Explosion barely does anything. If Electrode isn't setting up Rain Dance it really isn't the best option for a lead as it's not really going to do much damage and isn't setting anything up ;x

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Gotta question,

252Atk/48SpA/208Spe

TO

48AtK/208 SpA/252Spe
    Heres the moveset:
    Taunt
    Explosion
    Thunderbolt
    Protect

like what Aura said, If you're leading electrode not for rain dance team then it isnt a good option as a lead, I suggest ambipom for you :

Ambipom @ Life Orb/Silk Scarf
    Nature : Jolly
    Ability : Pickup Technician
    EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Fake Out
    -Return
    -U-Turn
    -Taunt

it is reliable for you as its Fake Out is darn pain.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    This is just a simple question that i have been wondering about.

When playing a Wi-Fi battle. If you use trick and switches items, will the users get back their original items when the battle is over?

I just wanted to ask becuse i have had this question in my head for a while now lol :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    This is just a simple question that i have been wondering about.

When playing a Wi-Fi battle. If you use trick and switches items, will the users get back their original items when the battle is over?

I just wanted to ask becuse i have had this question in my head for a while now lol :P

Of Course, this goes also to battle frontier battles too. but if you used Trick in-game battles maybe you cant return your item if you KOed your opponent's pokemon while it still holds the item.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Of Course, this goes also to battle frontier battles too. but if you used Trick in-game battles maybe you cant return your item if you KOed your opponent's pokemon while it still holds the item.

Alright then. Thanks for the answer. It would totaly suck if you couldn't get them back :P

And while i'm here i might aswell ask what you guys think about this set i made for Froslass.

Froslass
    Hp 252 Spe 252 SAtk 4
    Timid nature
    Item: Flame orb
    Move set:
    Thunderbolt
    Trick
    Destiny bond
    Thunder wave

This Froslass is suppose to cripple the opponent with thunder wave and Trick. I was originaly going to use her as a lead but instead i decided to have her stay in the background untill i get a chanse to send her out against strong physical sweepers (like Gyarados for exampel) and trick them a flame orb and give them a burn. The reason why she has Thunderbolt instead of Ice beam is becuse i don't have any electric pokemon in my team and i haven't given any electric type moves to the other ones i have (already decided on their movesets). Thunder wave and destiny bond are there for obvious reasons. I decided to give her allot of hp EVs becuse i want her to be able to take more damage.

Tell me what you think about this set?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Gengar is better than Froslass at Tricking in OU = =. this set is better :

Gengar @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Nature : Timid/Modest ( Timid is recommended actually )
    Ability : Levitate
    EVs : 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Trick
    -Will-O-Whisp

Tricking your Choice item to something that hates your Choice, you can then burn the pokemon switching in with Will-O-Whisp. if you wanna sweep with this thing, you can use the choice items as a benefit for your sweep.

lavaoutpour

Scizor Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2013
    Which is a better moveset/combo? Credit for these go to fire wolf and GengarNightmare. The difference between the two is the swordsdance and the choice of items

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Moveset:
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Which is a better moveset/combo? Credit for these go to fire wolf and GengarNightmare. The difference between the two is the swordsdance and the choice of items

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Moveset:
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit
    Depends, do you want a sweeper or a revenge killer?

Back