• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Phoenix2389

ex-Gym Leader and Ice Warrior
    Years
    I have a question about my Togekiss,

Is this a good sp. Sweep set-up for Toge?

Togekiss @ Leftovers/Wise Glasses/Life Orb
    Ability: Serene Grace Nature: Rash
    Stats: 326(HP)/129(Atk)/251(Def)/327(Sp.Atk)/250(Sp.Def)/183(Spd)
    EVs: Dont remember exactly most in SP. Atk
    Moveset:
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash
    Nasty Plot
    Psychic

Could this be used as an effective sp. Sweeper? Or should I rebreed for a Modest Nature and Redo EV's?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I have a question about my Togekiss,

Is this a good sp. Sweep set-up for Toge?

Togekiss @ Leftovers/Wise Glasses/Life Orb
    Ability: Serene Grace Nature: Rash
    Stats: 326(HP)/129(Atk)/251(Def)/327(Sp.Atk)/250(Sp.Def)/183(Spd)
    EVs: Dont remember exactly most in SP. Atk
    Moveset:
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash
    Nasty Plot
    Psychic

Could this be used as an effective sp. Sweeper? Or should I rebreed for a Modest Nature and Redo EV's?

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    Serene Grace
    252 HP / 152 Special Attack / 104 Speed
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Roost
    - Aura Sphere

Definitely rebreed for a modest nature, and try out this moveset/EV spread. Psychic isn't really needed since it has poor type coverage, and Roost is better for survivability :D

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I'm stuck deciding the fourth move of my Rotom-c:
    Rotom-c @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitiate
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252hp, 168def, 88speed
    Moveset:
    - Leaf Storm
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Discharge/Thunderbolt
    So what's better, Discharge or Thunderbolt?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm stuck deciding the fourth move of my Rotom-c:
    Rotom-c @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitiate
    EV's: 252hp, 168def, 88speed
    Moveset:
    - Leaf Storm
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Discharge/Thunderbolt
    So what's better, Discharge or Thunderbolt?
    To be honest it's up to you, do you want to hit stuff harder or do you want a 30% chance of paralyzing them. Personally I prefer Discharge since this Rotom isn't the swiftest.

Also shouldn't you run Bold nature? With only 88 Spe EV's you don't really beat anything significant. Most people who use Timid run 192 EV's to beat Base 90's.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Now Rotom gets Pain Split, you should be running this because its amazing and works well with its mediocre hp :

@Leftovers
    252 hp / 168 Def / 88 speed
    Bold Nature
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp / Reflect
    - Shadow Ball
    - Discharge / Thunderbolt

I question the speed evs though because Scizor cant do anything to you anyway lol. I prefer the spread 252 HP / 176 DEF / 80 SP.DEF, but W/E.

Use Reflect with T-Spikes support and Will-O-Wisp othwerwise. Reason being status confliction is bad.

Anyways, Leaf Storm isnt needed, Tar takes lol damage and can be burned anyway and Swampert gets worn down by Shadow Ball + burn too.

Discharge is good on the Rotoms as it stops Heatran coming in for scott free with the possible paralysis chance. T-Bolt is still there for more power vs Forry and stuff however.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    How much does a +2 Bullet Punch from Adamant Lucario deals to Ginger elfness Gengar ?

also How much does it deal when it is Jolly ?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    How much does a +2 Bullet Punch from Adamant Lucario deals to Ginger elfness Gengar ?

also How much does it deal when it is Jolly ?

Adamant OHKO's with SR up.

No one uses BP on Jolly Luke so i wouldnt worry about that, Jolly Luke kinda sucks anyway since everything it outspeeds is ev'd to beat it now anyway (Glis, Mence etc) and you lose too much power. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    and .... how much does Rash SpecsApe with 64 Atk in its EVs deals to both bold and calm blissey with Close Combat ?

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    and .... how much does Rash SpecsApe with 64 Atk in its EVs deals to both bold and calm blissey with Close Combat ?
    Bold: 260 Atk vs 130 Def & 651 HP (120 Base Power): 516 - 608 (79.26% - 93.39%)
    Calm: 260 Atk vs 119 Def & 651 HP (120 Base Power): 564 - 666 (86.64% - 102.30%)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hello. I was thinking through my team and I've found a Pokemon that's better than Azelf I said to you earlier. It's really good.

Crobat
    EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Held Item: Heat Rock
    Sludge Bomb
    Heat Wave
    Sunny Day
    Taunt

This Crobat's usually the best Pokemon for setting up Sunny Day. Faster, cannot be stopped and stops other Pokemon setting up something bad like Trick Room and Rain Dance with Taunt. The plan is Crobat to use Sunny Day for Typhlosion's Eruption to do MAJOR damage. Or I'd use Taunt first for Trick Roomer or status affecters and Protect on my Typhlosion.

Then I'd rather sweep with Sludge Bomb or Heat Wave depending on the opponent.

Fun fact: Heat Wave does more damage than Sludge Bomb when Sunny Day is in effect.

You think this Crobat's worth it by any chance? Please answer now.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Hello. I was thinking through my team and I've found a Pokemon that's better than Azelf I said to you earlier. It's really good.

Crobat
    EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Held Item: Heat Rock
    Sludge Bomb
    Heat Wave
    Sunny Day
    Taunt

This Crobat's usually the best Pokemon for setting up Sunny Day. Faster, cannot be stopped and stops other Pokemon setting up something bad like Trick Room and Rain Dance with Taunt. The plan is Crobat to use Sunny Day for Typhlosion's Eruption to do MAJOR damage. Or I'd use Taunt first for Trick Roomer or status affecters and Protect on my Typhlosion.

Then I'd rather sweep with Sludge Bomb or Heat Wave depending on the opponent.

Fun fact: Heat Wave does more damage than Sludge Bomb when Sunny Day is in effect.

You think this Crobat's worth it by any chance? Please answer now.

I don't see why you can't lead with this to try to set up a Sunny Day team. Crobat is a decent lead in general due to its high speed, and you have a good chance of setting up your sun/ruining other leads with Taunt. If it's working for you, then I say go for it \o/

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    What are some place to get Pokemon images for an RMT I'm planning on doing.

Years
    Blergh, I am having trouble thiking about what lead I should use. I have decided to use one of these: Azelf or Metagross. Which one should I use?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Blergh, I am having trouble thiking about what lead I should use. I have decided to use one of these: Azelf or Metagross. Which one should I use?

It depends on what sweepers you're supporting, how bulky your team is, and how quickly you need SR up.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I'm trying something new when creating a Dusknoir for my team. For one, I'm actually using what I think is the best possible nature for this one (Adamant), two i'm EV training like hell for HP (although as a Duskull it still can't harm normal types >_<) and three this is the first pokemon i'm having an actual strategy behind. My moveset is going to be this:

Trick Room
    Destiny Bond
    Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Brick Break (x2)

Now my strategy is to use trick room and go crazy, and when its HP gets just within the boundaries of the final blow I can Destiny Bond. Is this a smart move or is it too risky? And which of the four moves should I use for the last two slots? I'm thinking Fire Punch and Thunder Punch.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm trying something new when creating a Dusknoir for my team. For one, I'm actually using what I think is the best possible nature for this one (Adamant), two i'm EV training like hell for HP (although as a Duskull it still can't harm normal types >_<) and three this is the first pokemon i'm having an actual strategy behind. My moveset is going to be this:

Trick Room
    Destiny Bond
    Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Brick Break (x2)

Now my strategy is to use trick room and go crazy, and when its HP gets just within the boundaries of the final blow I can Destiny Bond. Is this a smart move or is it too risky? And which of the four moves should I use for the last two slots? I'm thinking Fire Punch and Thunder Punch.

For Trick Room teams, Dusknoir would not want Adamant. It would want something like Relaxed, Brave or Sassy. These Natures lower your speed, aloowing to perform well in a Trick Room.

Second of all, Dusknoir is quite bulky, so you wouldn't need Adamant anyway. Stick with Relaxed or Sassy.

You don't really need Destiny Bond on a Dusknoir, even with Trick Room. It wouldn't work whatsoever. Use this Dusknoir.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
    - Trick Room
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Punch/Earthquake

This is the basic Trick Room set, with room for you to heal if needed and an attack for coverage.

Back