• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    how stronger will rapid spin be with technician

how many levels do stats drop with dropping moves? like when it says it just fell, harshly and sharply

Fall = -1
    Rise = +1
    Harshly / Greatly / Sharply = +/-2
    Belly Drum / Anger Point (ability activation) = +6
    Download has a bonus as well.

Years
    Is the PKTOPIA Pikachu Even Useable?

I'd really like to put the PKTOPIA Pikachu on my team just for gimmicky "wow" factor, but since all PKTOPIAchus are always Hardy natured, I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Aside from the given Surf and Volt Tackle, what would be some other good moves to give it, and what would be a good EV spread?

Thanks.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    hey guys i neeed help with a move se for my dragonite.
    this is its current moveset:
    -dragon dance
    -draco meteor
    -outrage
    -aqua tail

its a physical sweeper so its evs are on attack and hp.
    i was thinkin i replace draco meateor for fire punch to counter ice types.
    let me kno yur suggestion and explanations

thanks, God Bless
    Fire Punch/Blast is only good in conjunction with Earthquake, which this isn't running. Personally, I'd run this.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 176 HP / 80 Spe (or alternate spread)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage/Dragon Claw
    - Aqua Tail
    - Roost

The combination of Dragon + Water is only resisted by Empoleon, which gives you a nice little healing move to go along with it.

how many levels do stats drop with dropping moves? like when it says it just fell, harshly and sharply
    Rapid Spin becomes 60 Base Power with Technician, excluding STAB.
    If a stat just falls/rises, that is one stage, whereas if it sharply rises/harshly drops, that's two stages.

So.. my friends and I are making a team of each of the seventeen types. Since i live far away from them, i got the short end of the stick and couldnt choose my choice. Now i'm stuck with either grass pokemon or bug pokemon.

So with the bug pokemon, i know three teammates i must have, Scizor, Heracross and Yanmega. Now im stuck on the the other three bug teamees since, you know, half of them suck.

If i choose grass, I know the moves to use such as U-turn, sleep powder, leech seed etc, but i dont know who are good grass types (dont suggest shaymin because i cant use legendaries).

just suggest the Pokemon and maybe the items, and i'll figure out the rest, like EV spreads and such.
    We're not meant to build teams for you. Make a team, and then we can rate it and give feedback.

I'd really like to put the PKTOPIA Pikachu on my team just for gimmicky "wow" factor, but since all PKTOPIAchus are always Hardy natured, I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Aside from the given Surf and Volt Tackle, what would be some other good moves to give it, and what would be a good EV spread?

Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure you can get different natures from the Pokewalker/some sort of event with Surf, but anyways, I'd probably use this.

Raichu @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Trait: Static
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Substitute/Nasty Plot/HP Ice

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    InfernoRogue, don't listen to zommy. That moveset sucks.

Relaxed and Calm aren't very good natures for Jirachi, but if you must:

Your Relaxed Jirachi is terribly slow, but has great Defense. So use a support set:

Jirachi @Leftovers
    252 HP / 180 Def / 72 SpDef

-Wish
    -Thunder Wave
    -U-Turn
    -Reflect/Iron Head

Your Calm one has good enough IVs for a Calm Mind set:

Jirachi @Leftovers
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

-Calm Mind
    -Wish
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic/Flash Cannon

Hope that helps

Cool, Thanks so much! :3 I thought I'd try something different by using those natures. (Either that, or I must have gotten bored SRing, haha.)

Years
    I'm pretty sure you can get different natures from the Pokewalker/some sort of event with Surf, but anyways, I'd probably use this.

Raichu @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Substitute/Nasty Plot/HP Ice

Thanks, but the Surfing Pikachu from Battle Revolution is always hardy, but I think it's the only way you can get a Surfing Pikachu that also knows Volt Tackle and I'd rather not evolve it and just give it the Light Ball instead.

This is what I was thinking:

@Light Ball
    Nature: Hardy
    EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
    -Surf
    -Volt Tackle
    -Grass Knot

I have no clue what to do for the last move. At lvl 10, it has 18SpA and 18Atk, which seems pretty decent considering Light Ball boosts those stats, and they were the highest I could get after a bunch of soft resets.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    My Latios's Move set

Hi, i am new to PC. I just caught my latios on SS and need some help with a competitive battling move set. Please suggest some good moves and tips for my Competitive Latios.

Thanks, WilloXD

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks, but the Surfing Pikachu from Battle Revolution is always hardy, but I think it's the only way you can get a Surfing Pikachu that also knows Volt Tackle and I'd rather not evolve it and just give it the Light Ball instead.

This is what I was thinking:

@Light Ball
    Nature: Hardy
    EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4HP
    -Surf
    -Volt Tackle
    -Grass Knot

I have no clue what to do for the last move. At lvl 10, it has 18SpA and 18Atk, which seems pretty decent considering Light Ball boosts those stats, and they were the highest I could get after a bunch of soft resets.

You do realize that even with a light ball, Life Orb Raichu is still more powerful than Pika, its faster and doesn't die to Blissey using Tackle. x_x

Really i dont see a reason to use pika over Raichu at all. :/

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    My Electivire

Electivire/Fridge- Lv.50
    Item:Magnet
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Stats: HP:139/ATK:126/DEF:82/SP.ATK:110/SP.DEF:108/SPD:118

Are the stats good, and is that the item he should have?

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years

Rapid Spin plus technician=30 base power
    fell=by one level
    harshly/sharply fell=by two levels

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    ok, is that technician boost worth for hitmontop?

also a marowak moveset, meant for getting a lot of critical hits
    item: scope lens or lansat berry
    moves:
    focus energy
    headbutt (replace?)
    bone rush
    bonemerang

what do you think

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's bad.

You shouldn't even be thinking of using any item other than Marowak's special Thick Club. It doubles attack, essentially doubling damage. That's all the time. Your Focus Energy and Scope Lends only happens some of the time. Swords Dance also doubles damage. All the time, rather than Focus Energy's chance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Hi, i am new to PC. I just caught my latios on SS and need some help with a competitive battling move set. Please suggest some good moves and tips for my Competitive Latios.

Thanks, WilloXD
    k, i think this.:Earthquake, Flamethrower, Psychic and Thunderbolt

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    k, i think this.:Earthquake, Flamethrower, Psychic and Thunderbolt

Latios's attack sucks and it doesnt get Flamethrower. That and its Dragon STAB is WAY more useful than its psychic one.

Latios@Soul Dew
    Timid Nature
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ Grass Knot / Thunder
    ~ Recover / Hidden Power Fire

Calm Mind sweeper.

OR

Latios@Soul Dew
    Timid Nature
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Recover / Hidden Power Fire / Dragon Pulse

All out attacker

OR

Latios@Light Clay
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Memento
    - Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor

Set up dual screens, Memento something to make their attacking stats pathetic and then send in a pure baton pass Mew (Taunt/Baton Pass/Swords Dance or Nasty Plot/Rock Polish) and set up on their pathetic attacks behind screens and watch everything die when you pass to your sweeper. :]

Years
    Electivire/Fridge- Lv.50
    Item:Magnet
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Stats: HP:139/ATK:126/DEF:82/SP.ATK:110/SP.DEF:108/SPD:118

Are the stats good, and is that the item he should have?

well not really, its nature is bad, ideally you would want a nature beneficial to attack (Adamant/Naughty/lonely for physical sets) or run jolly for more speed.

depending on the set, use a life orb or an expert belt on your electivire. if you want to keep the one you have at least teach it earthquake

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I was just thinking about Slowbro, and thought maybe this could work as a /decent/ set.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Trait: Own Tempo
    Nature: Adamant/Brave
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
    - Belly Drum
    - Slack Off
    - Waterfall
    - Zen Headbutt

More of a gimmick set here, but I don't see why it couldn't work, and it can really get a jump from other opponents. Also handles Milotic and Lanturn better than CM since they're usually specially defensive.

Rate, critique etc.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

That's a bad set and won't work. You're basically giving your opponent 2 free turns to attack.

Once before you use Belly Drum and once after you use Belly Drum before you use Slack off. Since you're cutting your HP in half, each attack will only need to do about 25% damage to kill Slowbro off and most attacks can do that if they're at least neutral.

Plus, it doesn't stop Slowbro's common counters in any way - Venusaur, Ludicolo, Spiritomb, and Lanturn in UU or Tyranitar, Scizor, Weavile in OU.

If you want to use Belly Drum, you'll want to be at least somewhat fast or have priority moves.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Something to remove ghosts (Pursuit) and something to handle flying types like Moltres, Swellow and whatnot. Something to deal with Slowbro and psychics and also poison types like Nidoqueen etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Need alittle help.

I have an Absol at level 44, and plan in using it in competitive double battles. I'm going to teach it perish song, flamethrower, and night slash,but don't know what the last move should be. I was thinking ether psyco cut or arial ace. (btw the only reason i'm teaching it perish song is becouse my umbreon is a nice sweeper and I tought it meen look) Im using blisbly and milotic to hold the other pokemon off while perish song and meen look do there evil xD. And I don't know if the other two should be more walls or what. Please help!!!

KyleSir

Life is just a dream
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Absol its a glass cannon. He gets hit he dies fast. His stats are all in attack so a special move like flamethrower would not work. Id give absol a perish song, night slash, psycho cut, and swords dance. give him the ability super luck and give him a razor claw and youre critical hits will come often as well. Hope that helped :)

Back