• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It allows it to outspeed anything with 85 base Speed or less that don't have any Speed EVs. This includes Bulky Suicune and Flinch Togekiss in OU, and Defensive Venusaur, Milotic, and Blastoise in UU. Most of these Pokemon have attacks that can KO Cacturne if it can't set up a Sub first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • .....So if it isn't according to the competitive smogon rules, the Pokemon sucks?
    Although Smogon is used by most people for standard rules and EV spreads for Competitive Battling, you don't have to adhere to their EV spreads and suggestions to make your team. Though it helps to read up on the latest stuff since you never know what you are gonna face.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years

Oh wow, it's Tory/Meaty! I didn't know you were still alive! :o

But Dragonite can't learn Swords Dance. Nice job hacking. :\

No, don't do that. It's just terrible. You're assuming that your opponent won't be attacking you at all during the turns you use Rollout, but that obviously won't be true. You'll never be able to use Rollout more than twice because you'll be dead by then from the opponent attacking you.

Oh, I am so sorry, I meant DRAGON DANCE! Let me edit my post... I know long ago, we hard times back then, but I have changed a lot.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    When a pokemon uses Fling, does it permanently lose the item? Or is it returned to them at the end of the battle?

Also, if the item is permanently lost what moves can I use against Blue's Machamp to permanently steal its Iron Ball? And will it be holding an Iron Ball every time I challenge Blue to a rematch?

Years
  • I hope this is the right place. I'm having trouble with my dragonite's move set. So far I taught it fly, ice beam, aqua tail, and dragon rush. I do not want to teach it ice beam because dragonite is weak against ice. So what do you think I should replace it? My dragonite is level 55.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Uh. Fly. Fly is bad. Get rid of Fly and give it... Extremespeed. You'll have to tutor for it.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • My dragonite is level 55.
    Just noticed this. Proves that its in-game.

As a response, Your move set is okay, especially if you need fly to get around. It should have just tried to learn wing attack though right? It has a 60 base power while fly has 90 and fly takes two turns, so in two turns wing attack has done 120, which is better. You can go to the move relearner to get wing attack.

Last edited:

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I don't think Fly is too bad to have on an in-game Dragonite, granted using Wing Attack twice instead of Fly is more powerful, but fly is quite useful for in-game battles as it'll allow you to escape the two-turn moves of oppodents and if someones trying to attack you with a low PP move, making it miss because you're in the air can make all the difference in certain battles. I had a Noctowl that knew Fly and it performed fine for me, also, being able to fly wherever you like is lovely.

As for Ice Beam's replacement, I'd recommend Flamethrower as this will protect Dragonite from it's massive Ice-type weakness.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • Just a (few) quick quetions...

Alright, I've been training a Jolly Ninjask, and currently, it's maxed out on Speed EV's, it's secondary nature is proud of it's power (attack) but what stat should I put the remaining EV's into?

I was planning on having it use protect/endure until it's speed was high enough, then baton pass out. Should I have Swords dance, or agilty as an extra move? It will be holding the Focus Sash, to avoid one hit knock outs right away.

If it's too confusing, I'm sorry, I'm kinda tired right now :P

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • How viable is offensive Zapdos? I've heard of it a couple times, but never used it or seen it. Seems kind of interesting to use, though.

Offensive Dos is one my favorite pokemon in the whole game. Its still good even with Stealth Rock (it was better in Adv than in DPP if you were wondering). It can do a lot of damage to a lot of things with Heat Wave/TBolt/HP Grass/Roost. I advise using it if you want something fun/strong.

Alright, I've been training a Jolly Ninjask, and currently, it's maxed out on Speed EV's, it's secondary nature is proud of it's power (attack) but what stat should I put the remaining EV's into?

I was planning on having it use protect/endure until it's speed was high enough, then baton pass out. Should I have Swords dance, or agilty as an extra move? It will be holding the Focus Sash, to avoid one hit knock outs right away.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    Jolly Nature
    Substitute
    Protect
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

is about the best ninjask set (imo). Endure is generally a bad move because of how common Tyranitar and priority moves are. You can put something like X-Scissor instead of Swords Dance since the most important thing for Ninjask is baton passing speed, generally speaking. its pretty straight forward to use.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014

I'd also like to point out that what you're mistaking for a "second nature" is actually the pokemon's characteristic. This doesn't actually increase any stats. It's just an indicator to the pokemon's IV's in the correlating stat, in this case attack.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • I'd also like to point out that what you're mistaking for a "second nature" is actually the pokemon's characteristic. This doesn't actually increase any stats. It's just an indicator to the pokemon's IV's in the correlating stat, in this case attack.

Opps, sorry about that. And also, would the Endure thing I mentioned work for the Battle Frontier? Because Gamer. said that I would run into Tyranitars a lot, but that's competitive, would the Ninjask that I suggested be better for the Battle frontier?

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • i have a clafairy and i don't know which move would be better

its set is
    the EV spread. hp 252/ def 100/ spdef 152/ speed 4

Meteor Mash
    Cosmic power
    Wish
    Belly Drum

I want to give it a STAB move. Like Return or Strength

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Your EV spread is all wrong for that set. A Belly Drum Clefable is meant to be offensive, not defensive. You should use an EV spread of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd.

The best Normal move for Clefable would be Double-Edge because its Ability Magic Guard prevents it from taking recoil damage. Unfortunately, Double-Edge is only available as a tutor move from FR/LG/Emerald. You need to breed one in those games, teach it Double-Edge (and Softboiled while you're at it), then Pal Park it to a 4th gen game. When it evolves, it will have a 50% chance of changing its ability from Cute Charm to Magic Guard.

Your final Clefable should look like this:

Clefable @Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Magic Guard Ability
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Double-Edge
    -Meteor Mash
    -Softboiled
    -Belly Drum

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    I really hate EV training and making teams, im hopless, although i have a question??? i need like a theme for a UU team, like sunny day team or rain dance or hail, i need someone to point me in the right direction so i can be on my way to making a team.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Go HERE for Rain Dance team guide. Comes with a pre-built UU Rain Dance team which you can use.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    whats a good moveset for crobat

this is my moveset

Steel wing (to handle out rock and ice)
    X Sicssors (to handle out phschic)
    Cross poison (Sttrong move)
    Arial ace/Confuse ray/Toxic/Fly

Back