• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    I'm looking for a moveset on a EV'd Frosslass I received in a trade. Currently it has the moves Ominous Wind/Blizzard/Ice Beam/Hail. Im think of using it as weather support or spikes/thunder wave support. Any suggestions?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Well...That's a Faillass. lol try this.

Froslass@Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Timid
    252sp.atk/252speed/6HP

Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Spikes/Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond
    Thunder Wave

You'll have to breed for Spikes. Otherwise, you could try this.

Froslass@Choice Scarf *...wtf?*
    Lonely
    204atk/112sp.atk/196speed

Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam
    Wake-Up Slap
    Destiny Bond

No bolting here sadly, but you could toss it in there at your own expense. Wake-Up Slap seems like a joke, but it 2HKOs Tyranitar and OHKOs Weavile, which you outspeed. Destiny Bond will down anything troublesome. Lastly, there's Choice Specs if you wanna give it a go.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Need a set for a Rest Cresselia and a Rest Bronzong.

I was thinking of the following:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP, 108 Def, 148 SpD
    Rest
    Charge Beam
    Reflect/Thunder Wave/Sleep Talk
    Ice Beam

Or maybe Bronzong

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP, 96 SpD, 152 Def, 8 Att (EV's slightly changed from Smogon for more survivability)
    Gyro Ball
    Reflect/Sleep Talk/Reflect/Stealth Rock
    Hypnosis
    Stealth Rock/Reflect/Sleep Talk

What would do better at countering Mamo, Duggy, Chomp, etc...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Need a set for a Rest Cresselia and a Rest Bronzong.

I was thinking of the following:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP, 108 Def, 148 SpD
    Rest
    Charge Beam
    Reflect/Thunder Wave/Sleep Talk
    Ice Beam

Or maybe Bronzong

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP, 96 SpD, 152 Def, 8 Att (EV's slightly changed from Smogon for more survivability)
    Gyro Ball
    Reflect/Sleep Talk/Reflect/Stealth Rock
    Hypnosis
    Stealth Rock/Reflect/Sleep Talk

What would do better at countering Mamo, Duggy, Chomp, etc...

Either would work, im not a fan of Rest-Zong, nor Rest cress, as both are offensively retarded making it an easy and essentially a free switch in to become set up fodder.

Both have great utility moves so they should be utilized.

Anyways, if you DO use rest -talk zong, more attack needs to be invested, aka 152.

Just get wish support if your that worried about recovery.

Bronzong@Leftovers / Shed Shell
    252 HP / 152 ATT / 8 def / 96 sp.def
    Relaxed Nature
    Trait : levitate
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro ball

OR

Bronzong@Leftovers
    252 HP / 72 ATT / 112 DEF / 74 SP.DEF
    Relaxed Nature
    Trait : levitate
    - Hypnosis
    - Stealth Rock / Reflect / Light Screen
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake / Reflect / Light Screen

Cresselia@Leftovers
    20 HP / 252 DEF / 236 SP.ATT.
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderwave / Charge beam / Psychic / Hidden power {Ground/Fighting}
    - Moonlight
    - Reflect

So you dont get owned by Pursuit, and this set allows you to ohko said Chomp with ice Beam.

Moves in second slot depend on what you want to hit, T-Wave slows stuf down, Charge Beam for Gyara, Psychic for Machamp etc, HP Fight to hit T-Tar and Weavile switch ins and HP Ground for Heatran.

Best used with Wish support ^^.

OR

Cresselia@Leftovers
    252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Sp.D
    Bold Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - ice Beam
    - Thunderwave / Charge Beam / Psychic.

W/E >_>.

Reactions: .

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    How about Suicune? Can it do well against Mamo, etc..? I REALLY want to try it out. Thanks for the sets by the way D_A <3

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How about Suicune? Can it do well against Mamo, etc..? I REALLY want to try it out. Thanks for the sets by the way D_A <3

CB Earthquake HURTS. IIRC it did like 43% ~ to my Forretress, so i dont think Cune can take repeated beatings from it.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Of course it hurts, but I think Cune can OHKO Mamo and Duggy w/ Surf and either OHKO or 2HKO with Ice Beam.

I'll replace Suicune later, but I want to try it out. Is Ice Beam/Surf/Rest/Calm Mind a good moveset? Can I have EVs that support this moveset?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Of course it hurts, but I think Cune can OHKO Mamo and Duggy w/ Surf and either OHKO or 2HKO with Ice Beam.

I'll replace Suicune later, but I want to try it out. Is Ice Beam/Surf/Rest/Calm Mind a good moveset? Can I have EVs that support this moveset?

If you let cune get below 80 % youll die, as eq already does 40%, so you cant switch in.

Duggy cant even do squat to cune anyways with its eq lol

Anyways, Sleep Talk-less Rest is not good in D/P, so much stuff gets free switch in.

Try CroCune.

Suicune@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    Bold nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind

Owns.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I'll try it out. Suicune looked so impressive from vids. Does GlisBlissCune makes a good walling trio or not?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Couldn't Scarftran come in on a GK and OHKO it with Earth Power?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Maybe, but if you come in on Close Combat, you're screwed. Otherwise, you're safe (O noes HP GROUND!) However, if you switch it in on MixApe, then it's going to know you're Scarf'd 95% of the time.

For Rest-Talk Cresselia, if you want it to counter MixApe, then Psychic is a must. Charge Beam hits Gyarados and can break a stall war, and Ice Beam is for Dragons.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Prediction is easy, but I could also come in on a Flamethrower, and people could guess I'm a nub thinking a Fire boost will win me the match.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    How are these EV's for this set?

Tangrowth@Leftovers
    Nature:Impish
    EV:252 HP/200 Def/58 Atk
    Power Whip
    Knock Off
    Leech Seed
    Tickle

Ignore the Tickle, I'm just having fun with that for a while. But are the EV's sound? That, or

252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Atk

But that seems like overkill to me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Hey guys. I'm working with kids this summer and one of them has a bunch of cheated pokes that were raised to 100 per rare candy cheat. (ledgendaries etc)

I'd like a team that I can make to mop the floor with him and the other 15 kids or so that have pearl/diamond.

I have diamond only. What 6 pokes do you recommend with EV's and move sets that's an all round team, standard team, very popular or w/e that can take anything they throw at me. Keep in mind non of theirs have ev's or good move sets (most likely anyways). I have sapphire as well but would rather not restart that game if it's not needed.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Well, what are you looking for? You'll need omething along these lines:

Special Sweeper
    Special Wall
    Physical Sweeper
    Physical Wall
    Status Absorber
    Cleric/Late Game Sweeper/Good Lead

List the Pokes you intend to use.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    There isn't a position for "good lead" reserved on a team, as Anti had said better than me:

also looking for a pokemon just to lead sounds king of silly. Yeah they get you off to a good start but after that it's 6 vs. 5 essentially (ahem, 5 + death fodder!) My most successful teams had awful leads and they turned out okay.

But the first four, yeah, those are the most basic parts of team building, and we can't live without the basics. Personally,I don't feel a "status absorber"is most important to reserve a spot for. Aromatherapy is still a very killer move, and you can't negate secondary effects of moves (Fire Punch, for instance) from affecting something that's not the absorber. It's useful to have, but not "TEH BASEIKS".

The other two to me are more optionary, and what you want to add, or,more importantly what you need to add to make the team work. Mixed walls, cleric, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back