• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Togekiss is awesome.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 SATK / 132 Speed
    Ability: Serene Grace

Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Flamethrower / Roost
    Nasty Plot

Flamethrower for more coverage or Roost for survivability. EVs and Nature are probably off though. If you wanted to go the easy route, there's always the Flinchkiss set.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Is tri attack good on togekiss? i mean, is a strong STAB attack, and it also benefits from serene grace. But i dont know if its convenient.....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Is tri attack good on togekiss? i mean, is a strong STAB attack, and it also benefits from serene grace. But i dont know if its convenient.....

IIRC its illegal with egg moves( e.g Nasty Plot etc) due to it being from XD (I think) , however it is a good option on the specs and scarf set.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Scarftran

ScarfGar

DDGyara

SDLuke

CBHera

-UNDECIDED-

In that slot, I'm deciding on whether or not to use a standard Rest-Talk Cune or Rest-Talk Zapdos.

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Ok, thanks for the previous help, i'm making a powerhouse for my team, and I'm trying to choose one.

Rhydon
    Adamant
    Atk-132
    Sp.Atk-59
    Def-133
    Rock Head

-Horn Drill
    -Hammer Arm
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

OR

Flygon
    Quiet
    Atk-129
    Def-91
    Sp.Atk-101

-Fly
    -Rock Smash
    -Dragon Breath
    -Dragon claw/Draco Meteor

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Rhyperior outclasses Rhydon and Garchomp outclasses Flygon. And those movesets are terrible. @_@

Anyways Garchomp always is the way to go, lol.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Sand Veil
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang
    - Swords Dance

That would be standard.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I'd consider Dclaw over outrage, or you could get revenge killed, but thats just me

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat (Raises resistance to Fire + Ice type moves.)
    Adamant Nature (+ Atk, - SpA)
    144 HP, 68 Atk, 132 Def, 164 SpD
    Curse
    Body Slam
    Shadow Ball
    Rest

Curselax ftw~

Now for some questions.

1) What exactly is a tank? My guess is that it is a pokemon with a high Def or SpD stat, but it also has a high attack stat, so it can be a wall or a sweeper. Am I right?

2) What role would my Snorlax play?

Meh, sorry if I sound like a noob, but I kind of am. I have been battlling my friends with EV trained teams and stuff but I just recently started Wi-Fi'ing people.

Thanks for your help.

1st Post on 135th page ftw!

Matt

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Curselax doesn't work well in DP. Snorlax himself doesn't have a reliable, one-turn recovery move, and with Rest, he's pretty much asking to be set up on. Rest Talking is more reliable.

And Walls tend to have high HP AND a high defensive stat. They also tend to have a decent attacking stat so that they won't be set-up fodder.

EDIT: And Shadow Ball is a special move now. Yes, no more Shadow Ball Medicham or Dusky. Least Gengar's got a powerful STAB move now.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Curselax doesn't work well in DP. Snorlax himself doesn't have a reliable, one-turn recovery move, and with Rest, he's pretty much asking to be set up on. Rest Talking is more reliable.

And Walls tend to have high HP AND a high defensive stat. They also tend to have a decent attacking stat so that they won't be set-up fodder.

EDIT: And Shadow Ball is a special move now. Yes, no more Shadow Ball Medicham or Dusky. Least Gengar's got a powerful STAB move now.

What if I replace Rest with Slack Off?

And I think I will replace SB with EQ.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Snorlax can't learn Slack Off :/
    Edit: Fabian beat me to it xD

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Snorlax can't learn Slack Off :/

I understand that.

I'm going to try breeding it on him.

Gotta find a Full Incense first then.

Or did you mean even with breeding?

I am confused. =/

That would not make any sense though, it says on Serebii that Snorlax can't learn Counter, but he can. So he can possibly learn Slack Off.

If he can't, then thats weird. It seems like the perfect move for him.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Wait, what?

Pretty flawed logic =/ It doesn't say so on the DP section for Snorlax because Counter is obtained from an Advance move tutor. There is no move tutor in ADV that teaches Slack Off.

Dang, it would be the perfect move for him too.

Suggest any other Snorlax sets?

Or should I just toss the idea out the window?

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I think I decided to go with this Snorlax. I kind of messed with the RestTalk lax and I think its pretty good.

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Body Slam/Return (I think I like Body Slam because of the 30% paralysis chance.)
    Crunch (I think its better than Shadow Ball. Its a physical move unlike the special attack Shadow Ball. It takes cares of Ghosts, and Psychics, and anything else really. Nothing really resists Dark besides Steel and a few others.)

Comments?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back