• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I'm having problems with my team. I always lose on wifi, and it's really starting to irritate me. my team is:

Espeon
    Glaceon
    Flygon
    Lumineon
    Raichu
    Carnivine/Butterfree

any suggestions?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'm having problems with my team. I always lose on wifi, and it's really starting to irritate me. my team is:

Espeon
    Glaceon
    Flygon
    Lumineon
    Raichu
    Carnivine/Butterfree

any suggestions?

To be blunt, if you wanna win start over and learn how to battle competetively. Literally none of your pokemon are top-tier, and lumineon is NU. The threads here like the competetive 4th gen guide will teach you the fundements of competetive play, which should aid you in improving.

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
    I think I decided to go with this Snorlax. I kind of messed with the RestTalk lax and I think its pretty good.

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Body Slam/Return (I think I like Body Slam because of the 30% paralysis chance.)
    Crunch (I think its better than Shadow Ball. Its a physical move unlike the special attack Shadow Ball. It takes cares of Ghosts, and Psychics, and anything else really. Nothing really resists Dark besides Steel and a few others.)

Comments?

This is a much better lax, this is the one i actually use most of the time. I'd go careful/ adamant also.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    This is a much better lax, this is the one i actually use most of the time. I'd go careful/ adamant also.

It has an Adamant nature.

Here are the EVs:

144 HP
    68 Atk
    132 Def
    164 SpD

Randomness: This is just something random I wanted to say. I saw a guy earlier that gave Snorlax Speed ev's. Lol.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Can a cleric Blissey set do without Seismic Toss? I'm really not down to go back to Emerald which I don't have. I'm thinking something like:

-Aromatherapy
    -Ice Beam/ThunderBolt/Flamethrower
    -Softboiled
    -Thunder Wave/Toxic

Blissey has a diverse moveset it can do without Seismic Toss. Thunder Wave cripples any sweeper (except of course Garchomp making Ice Beam a more favourable choice). ThunderBolt is just there for Gyarados and Skarmory and Flamethrower for Bronzong, Scizor and Foretress.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    If you want to use non-Seismic Toss Blissey, your best option is probably CM Bliss (and no, that's not CB). That's just my opinion though.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    If you want to use non-Seismic Toss Blissey, your best option is probably CM Bliss (and no, that's not CB). That's just my opinion though.

The problem with that though is that on my team i have way too many pokes with stat boosting moves. Although of course i switch between these from battle to battle, on the pokemon I use most commonly for wi-fi battle I have:

Cursepert
    SD Garchomp
    NP Mixape
    NP Porygon-Z
    CMCune
    CM Jirachi

And I'm probably forgetting some. Point being that most of my team consists of Pokemon with stat boosting moves which they rely on. I'm trying to cut down on training those.

Plus the Cleric would be a support pokemon. and if anyone tries to set-up on me I'll throw a Thunder Wave their way making it pretty hard to sweep. The only problem would be Garchomp who get 2/3HKOd with ice beam.

Crazed_One

Lalala
    Years
    The problem with that though is that on my team i have way too many pokes with stat boosting moves. Although of course i switch between these from battle to battle, on the pokemon I use most commonly for wi-fi battle I have:

Cursepert
    SD Garchomp
    NP Mixape
    NP Porygon-Z
    CMCune
    CM Jirachi

And I'm probably forgetting some. Point being that most of my team consists of Pokemon with stat boosting moves which they rely on. I'm trying to cut down on training those.

Plus the Cleric would be a support pokemon. and if anyone tries to set-up on me I'll throw a Thunder Wave their way making it pretty hard to sweep. The only problem would be Garchomp who get 2/3HKOd with ice beam.

I suggest taking out NP on Mixape for either Stone Edge or HP Electric, as Chomp is banned nao. I also suggest taking out Chomp out for a ScarfCross, as Chomp is banned.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    So he was actually moved up today, huh.

Wonder where the metagame will go from here. And how Sky Shaymin (should it be OU) will affect it. I'm not gonna rant about how ima kill it if it bumps Toggy down to BL cause I've done that enough already.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Umm not really.

Lucario@Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 Atk or HP
    -Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
    -HP Ice
    -Shadow Ball
    -Vacuum Wave

Much better, also if you want a more speedy version, Agility over Vacuum Wave works too. Also note real men use Focus Blast

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    are any of these good for the battle tower
    GLALIE
    SCEPTILE
    GALLADE

and is this good for
    CROBAT
    GIGADRAIN
    SLUDGE BOMB
    SHADOWBALL/DARKPULSE
    AIRSLASH

Years
    Not really. You could run Nasty Plot over Giga Drain if you want to run a special set, although this set is my favourite.

Crobat@Lefties/Wide Lens
    Timid
    188 HP/68 SAtk/252 Spd
    - Air Slash
    - Hypnosis
    - Taunt/Roost
    - U-Turn

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back