• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Can someone help me out with my espeon.

Serious nature@wiseglasses

don't really know the ev's

current moveset

shadow ball
    psychic
    substitute
    morning sun

I was thinking of swapping out substitute for hp ice. I got substitute for annoyers using toxic, swagger, confuse ray, whirlpool, etc. but when up against a pokemon that's super effective against espeon or that has a strong atk, substitute fades in one hit and since it takes away hp, when I go to heal, a super effective move can sweep me. I would replace it with grass knot but already used it on another pokemon. any suggestions?

can someone help me out with this?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Is this a good Battle Tower Team?

Tyranitar
    Nature: Adamant
    Moveset:
    Giga Impact - Massive damage and usually Last-chance KO
    Earthquake (PP MAX) - Basic Ground move, really helps
    Crunch (PP UP x 2) - Basic hitter, Pesky Psychics
    Rock Throw - Oh, right, Flying types... yeah, those are evil and for double-battles without hurting others
    Item: Life Orb
    Max. EV for Attack
    Idea: Depends on who I face. This Tyranitar gains a STAB boost for half of it's moves and KO-s most types in 1, maybe 2 hits. Giga Impact is a last-resort move if my Tyranitar is almost KO-d or that's the last enemy or when I feel overconfident. Earthquake is very basic and powerful, Crunch is a great move too, with STAB and item/EV/Nature boost, making it a very dangerous hit against Alakazam.

Cresselia (Shiny)
    Nature: Calm
    Moveset:
    Psychic (PP MAX) - Basic Attack
    Substitute - What else am I going to annoy with?
    Toxic (PP UP) - The reason for Substitute and the PP UP is if that PkMn healed.
    Moonlight (PP MAX) - If Leftovers are too slow, use this
    Item: Leftovers
    MAX EV for Defense/Sp. Defense
    Idea: Well, it starts out with Toxic and then throws in a Substitute for damage resistance and then protects itself and heals with Leftovers and if the enemy destroyes the Sub, make a new one and heal with Moonlight, and sooner or later, Bad Poisoning will KO the other one and do a bit more damage with Psychic.

Infernape
    Nature: Modest
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower (PP MAX)- Basic Fire move + STAB
    Nasty Plot- Sp. Attack boost, big hitter here
    Grass Knot (PP UP x 1) - Get rid of heavy fighters and Water/Ground/Rock types
    Focus Blast - gains STAB...
    Item: Expert Belt
    MAX EV for Sp. Attack/Speed, 4 for HP
    Idea: Starting off with Nasty Plot, Infernape gains a boost for all three moves, with Focus Blast and Flamethrower also having STAB. I replaced Close Combat due to lack of Nasty Boost for Focus Blast, even with unreliable accuracy, but it's a Blissey KO-er. When in doubt, bring out Flamethrower when it's HP is under 1/3rd, meaning, it gets STAB, Expert Boost, Nature/EV boost and Blaze to make it an Overheat that won't make you weaker!

Tyranitar was my choice, Cresselia too, Infernape's idea was from Serebii.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I actually think that Calm Mind or Charge Beam would go better on Cresselia than Sub.

Lol @ Tyranitar. No Giga Impact please. I hate the recoil of that. Go with Dragon Dance>> it for DD Tar to tear up the Tower. Also, why throw silly little rocks at the little kids when you can tear them apart with Stone Edge?

Infernape... I would say either go all-out Ape and try to get HP Electric/Ice on there if you can get it(check your IVs, pm me if you need an IV calc), or stick with this set and go LO>>EB.

Also, if you can, try to max PP on everything.

Detox

would this mix luke work or epically phail

lucario @ choice scarf
    lonely/quiet/naughty/mild
    252 atk, 252 sp. atk 6 spe

close combat
    shadow ball
    ice punch
    hp ?????

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I just thought of something,, What if i give my Carnivine Sword Dance then Baton Pass to my Staraptor? Since my Staraptor in Platinum is gonna be a physical sweeper, along with Choice Band, it should work right?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I generally don't like passing stat ups to Choice Item users as they tend to be more hit and run Pokemon. Instead, throw Life Orb on that Staraptor.

Years
    I was wondering if I can get help with movesets 4 a Empoleon@ leftovers ev: 252 def, 252 hp, 6 sp.atk and a Froslass(not sure on the spread) 252 sp.atk, 252 spd, 6 hp

whohassocks

Hey look!!! A User Title!!!OMG
    Years
    I was wondering if I can get help with movesets 4 a Empoleon@ leftovers ev: 252 def, 252 hp, 6 sp.atk and a Froslass(not sure on the spread) 252 sp.atk, 252 spd, 6 hp

Empoleon's moves should be (or can be)
    - Surf
    - HP Electric/Ice Beam/Grass knot
    - Stealth Rock/Knock Off (if you can get access to platinum)/Protect
    - Yawn/Toxic

Froslass's moves should be (or can be)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt/HP Fighting
    - Substitute/Destiny Bond/Psychic

Choose the moves depending on what you want to counter and i hope it helps :D

Years
    battle tower win streak:105 then i lost
    now im trying to get a 100 streak with a rain dance team call me crazy but im bored
    please no hidden power hate breeding for those and no hp on any legend also

raikou@damp rock
    timid
    252 spd;252sp.att;6hp
    thunder
    rain dance
    calm mind
    subsitute/shadow ball

main idea is setup rain dance and sub to hide from status if ground switch to

kingdra@life orb(swift swim)
    modest
    252sp.att;152hp;106spd (reason for this spread is after rd ill be out running everything in the battle tower)
    surf
    dragon pulse
    ice beam
    draco meteor/rain dance

any suggestions for a third poke

i was thinking
    zapdos@leftovers
    modest
    252sp.att;100spd;158def
    thunder
    toxic
    roost
    ???

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    All right, I fixed it up a bit...

Tyranitar
    Nature: Adamant
    Moveset:
    NEW ATTACK: Stone Edge - Massive STAB and still as powerful as before.
    Earthquake (PP MAX) - Basic Ground move, really helps
    Crunch (PP UP x 2) - Basic hitter, Pesky Psychics
    NEW ATTACK: Dragon Dance - Yeah, I decided to give myself Dragon Dance, to a Attack boost. Sword Dance doesn't work on Tyranitar and I won't use PokeSAV. Speed Boost is minimal.
    Item: Life Orb
    Max. EV for Attack
    Idea: Depends on who I face, but usually Sandstorm is affective. This Tyranitar gains a STAB boost for all of it's moves and KO-s most types in 1, maybe 2 hits, and usually turns into a OHKO with Dragon Dance. Stone Edge replaces Giga Impact due to STAB boost and it also can be launched twice IF the attack won't miss. Earthquake is very basic and powerful, Crunch is a great move too, with STAB and item/EV/Nature boost, making it a very dangerous hit against Alakazam.

Cresselia (Shiny)
    Nature: Calm
    Moveset:
    Psychic (PP MAX) - Basic Attack
    Substitute (PP MAX) - NOT CHANGED DUE TO: The fact that Substitute is my best stalling attack, which will leave me on the field for a few more turns.
    Toxic (PP UP x 2) - The reason for Substitute and the PP UP is if that PkMn healed.
    Moonlight (PP MAX) - If Leftovers are too slow, use this
    Item: Leftovers
    MAX EV for Defense/Sp. Defense
    Idea: Well, it starts out with Toxic and then throws in a Substitute for damage resistance and then protects itself and heals with Leftovers and if the enemy destroyes the Sub, make a new one and heal with Moonlight, and sooner or later, Bad Poisoning will KO the other one and do a bit more damage with Psychic.

Infernape
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower (PP MAX)- Basic Fire move + STAB
    Nasty Plot- Sp. Attack boost, big hitter here
    Hidden Power [Ice] (PP MAX) - Get rid of heavy fighters and Water/Ground/Rock types- no STAB boost, unfortunately.
    Focus Blast (MAX PP) - gains STAB...
    Item: Expert Belt
    MAX EV for Sp. Attack/Speed, 4 for HP
    Idea: Starting off with Nasty Plot, Infernape gains a boost for all three moves, with Focus Blast and Flamethrower also having STAB. I replaced Close Combat due to lack of Nasty Boost for Focus Blast, even with unreliable accuracy, but it's a Blissey KO-er. When in doubt, bring out Flamethrower when it's HP is under 1/3rd, meaning, it gets STAB, Expert Boost, Nature/EV boost and Blaze to make it an Overheat that won't make you weaker!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What other recovery move do you expect me to use? I can use PokeSAV to generate a stronger move (Recover), but I won't.
    [But that is a good idea.]
    Yeah, best not to hack up a Pokemon, I have a good enough Shiny Cresselia.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Does anyone know a good moveset for a regirock gentle/sturdy body?

Gentle = no for Regirock, as it will lower his defense. He wants careful/impish.

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp Def
    Toxic
    Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge
    Hammer Arm / Earthquake / Ice Punch

This is a great supporting set. Toxic or Stealth Rock on switches. The last slot is up to you, and ALWAYS use him in a sandstorm so he can get a much needed Special Defense boost.

Good moveset and evs and hold item for a Tangrowth?
    Please.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Speed
    Power Whip
    Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder
    Knock Off

Great set...When used correctly, It'll cause all kinds of havoc...Seeding, knocking items off, and putting stuff to sleep.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I'm trying to build an UBER team, and due to my lack of knowledge in the uber tier, i need a litle help.

- I need to think up a good set for a mixed sweeping Giratina-O. Remember- only available item is Plat Orb.
    - EVs for Specs Palkia.
    - I also want to make sure i have the following sets with correct EVs and everything:

Dialga@ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/ 144 Def/ 110 Atk
    Earthquake/Stone Edge
    Dragon Claw
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Arceus @ Iron Plate
    Calm Nature
    252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def./ 6 Spa

Judgment
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Toxic/ T-Wave

Thanks in advance!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You're looking for a Giratina? Well, it gets a Ghost/Dragon boost from Platinum Orbe, so I'll give you a good hitter.

Draco Meteor (STAB) (EV) (ITEM)
    Thunder (EV)
    Hidden Power [Fire] (EV)
    Shadow Ball (STAB) (EV) (ITEM)
    EV's 252 Hit Points/252 Sp. Attack/4 Defence

Also, why does everyone use all points, I leave a few extra... Yes, I do that.

Max™

Needs to scarfduggy
    Years
    This works kind of like a suicide lead

Celebi @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
    Bold
    252 HP / 232 DEF / 20 Speed
    Stealth Rocks
    Thunder Wave
    Leech Seed
    Grass Knot / HP Ice

Para the first guy, Stealth rock, leech seed, para etc. If you get statused, switching out is a very good tactic.

The question is, does it work?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This works kind of like a suicide lead

Celebi @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
    Bold
    252 HP / 232 DEF / 20 Speed
    Stealth Rocks
    Thunder Wave
    Leech Seed
    Grass Knot / HP Ice

Para the first guy, Stealth rock, leech seed, para etc. If you get statused, switching out is a very good tactic.

The question is, does it work?

Yes it does work.

Recover>> Leech Seed imo, lets you live longer and counter Gyarados better.

Grass Knot should be primary option and non negotiable.

If your using HP ice, use it >> either T-Wave or SR.

Celebi is WAY too bulky for a sash, leftovers plox. Oh and dont lead with it, other things do that way better =/.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back