• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Hmmm, Gengar and Specstran? Seems pretty fun, however, could this also work alongside Medicham?: (bar the psychic weakness)

Heracross@Choice Band/Scarf
    252 atk/252 spe/6 hp
    Adamant
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash/Sleep Talk

The main reason why Cresselia is the main counter to medicham, is it resists all of its moves and can destory it with thunder wave, which is the only reason why band hera is listed here. However, Cress dies immediatly from megahorn. Dusknoir only can use Will-o-Wisp against Medicham, which Hera loves to switch into, and it might scare off Dusknoir. Sleep Talk could be used against Spiritomb, another Medicham counter.

But in all honesty, I'm most likely going with SpecsTran.. *sigh* the most standard pokemon..

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Dragonite @ Life Orb/ Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage

DD + Outrage. Kill things. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    OH. Alright. Thanks .

I bolded the "speed" because you seem to have missed it on a previous post explaining what ev spread you should use, thus there was no need for your snippyness =/.

Last edited:

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    If anyone is interested, I found something that is perfect with a scarfed jolly medicham:

Shaymin@Leftovers
    252 hp/152 def/100 sDef
    Bold
    - Rest
    - Seed Flare
    - Leech Seed
    - Aromatherapy

This shaymin set is designed to perfectly par with medicham. Aromatherepy takes care of burns/paralysis/etc, Leech Seed can hand things such as Blissey, Dusknoir, Spiritomb, etc. and seed flare has a deadly chance to lower special defence. Shaymin ALSO has natural cure to heal with rest whilst switching out. The evs can take any deadly ghost attack towards Medicham, as noted:

Modest Life Orb Gengar Shadow ball: 42.33% - 50.00% (3KO with Leftovers)

Timid Life Orb Gengar Shadow ball: 38.86% - 45.54%

Timid/Modest Choice Scarf Gengar Shadow ball: 29.70% - 35.15%, 32.67% - 38.37%

Modest Life Orb Gengar HP Fire: 49.75% - 58.42%

So, theres not much of a chance to see a Modest Life Orb Gengar going around with Shadow Ball and HP Fire, so the odds of shaymin walling Gengar and still taking physical hits is pretty damn good. Even a Modest Life Orb HP Fire still has a chance to 3KO with Leftovers. Obviously and as stated before, Natural Cure walls status and can nulify with rest. The 3KO means a lot, which means that shaymin can then switch in, take 50% of damage then leftovers will patch it up to 47%, then can be hit again, then use rest to maximum full health.
    Now, there's still stuff that comes to mind. What about Dusknoir? Can it do much to shaymin? It doesn't have that many defence evs.. let's take a look:

Max Attack Dusknoir Fire Punch: 29.70% - 34.90%

Choice Band Max Attack Dusnkoir Fire Punch: 44.06% - 51.98% (3KO with Leftovers)

So as you can see, the most terrifying Dusknoir sets fail to 2KO or OKO Shaymin with even a CB Fire Punch.

Now, the last pokemon, is Cresselia. Shaymin doesn't care for thunder wave, and doesn't take much from psychic.. what about Ice Beam?

Cresselia Max Special Attack Ice Beam: 32.67% - 38.61%

That is Cresselia using a +Special Attack nature, 252 special attack Effort Values, and is still failing to even 3KO it.

I just wanted to inform you guys my solution to my struggling problem I've had for a while now.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    More Like

Tyranitar@Choice Band
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - filler
    - filler

to remove those bulky psychics and ghosts etc;).

I doubt gengar would be switching into medicham tbh..although you could still give it the "careful uber metagame t-tar" spread to survive a lo/specs focus blast from it if you wanted to go that far.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Ahaha, yeah. I gengar I would expect would switch into a locked hi jump kick? I even added Tyranitar too my team anyway, just for more support as those damn bulky psychics might trick choice something onto shaymin TT__TT, plus, without tyranitar Life Orb Azelf can freely kill 2 of my pokemon.. (2KO Shaymin Flamethrower, and OKO anything with Medicham).

Also, I didn't add T-Tar to the first place due to switching into a will-o-wisp.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Lucario @ Petaya Berry
    Nature: Modest / Timid
    Inner Focus

Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball
    Agility / HP Ice
    Substitute

Need help on EV Spread and that third move.

I was thinking: switch into something that'll run, Agility on the switch, continue to sub down to activate Petaya, and sweep. HP Ice will over coverage against the Salamence that are bound to switch in, but Agility will ensure I don't get forced out by faster Pokemon. No, I don't want to do Salac Berry either.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Lucario @ Petaya Berry
    Inner Focus

Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball
    Agility / HP Ice
    Substitute

I was thinking: switch into something that'll run, Agility on the switch, continue to sub down to activate Petaya, and sweep. HP Ice will over coverage against the Salamence that are bound to switch in, but Agility will ensure I don't get forced out by faster Pokemon. No, I don't want to do Salac Berry either.

252 special attack evs and modest with the special attack boost does about 48-56% to 4/0 salamence, which salamence can't wall you if your safe behind a sub when he switches in. I would say replace HP Ice with agility and do your strategy, but I would have another pokemon be able to take salamence/other dragons out, because most Lucarios have either HP Ice or Ice Punch, and can give you an advantage before your opponent knows your moveset.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lucario @ Petaya Berry
    Inner Focus

Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball
    Agility / HP Ice
    Substitute

Id just max speed and sp.att and put the last 4/6 evs in def so you can activiate the berry at 25% hp instead of 1 hp, make sure you have an hp iv of 30 too. But it looks decent me thinks, id test the third slot if i were you to see which works better....since on one hand you need agility to sweep, yet you need hp ice for mence and what not...so eh..

Calm Mind/sub/aura sphere/s-ball@ salac berry sounds kinda cool too.X].

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Does anyone know a Platinuim moveset for Cresselia?

Cresselia gained almost nothing in the platinum shift, so I'm presuming the sets have stayed very similar. The EV spreads may have changed to cope with new threats, but I'm guessing they all run like DP otherwise.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Hey, is there a list of the new moves that each Pokemon can learn in Platinum? I want to know if there are any big changes to my favorite Pokemon, and I haven't paid any attention to Platinum in months.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, is there a list of the new moves that each Pokemon can learn in Platinum? I want to know if there are any big changes to my favorite Pokemon, and I haven't paid any attention to Platinum in months.

https://shoddybattle.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/shoddybattle/ShoddyBattle/platinum.mod

I think this is missing Bug Bite Forry..

So anyways, you're back are you ac ? =3

Cresselia gained almost nothing in the platinum shift, so I'm presuming the sets have stayed very similar. The EV spreads may have changed to cope with new threats, but I'm guessing they all run like DP otherwise.

Well it did get trick, so you could use a trick scarf or specs set...but meh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back