• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Okay so I need a good team made out of the pokemon I have.

Choose six of what-you-think-would-be-a-good-team pokemon from these:
    - Blaziken
    - Cloyster
    - Empoleon
    - Froslass
    - Gardevoir
    - Gengar
    - Glaceon
    - Lanturn
    - Pikachu
    - Politoed
    - Salamence
    - Snorlax (Curselax)
    - Taurous
    - Typhlosion
    - Tyranitar
    - Weezing
    - Wigglytuff
    - Yanmega

And form them into a team for me :)

If you can it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Since Curselax is utter fail, I would put in Tyranitar, Salamence, and Gengar. I think you need to try and catch 2 other pokemon that specialize in physical attacks, and one who specializes in special attacks. For this team, I would recommend Gliscor, Breloom, and Kingdra. Try to get an Impish Gliscor, Jolly or Adamant Breloom, and a Modest/Timid Kingdra. What are the natures on Tar, Mence, and Gar?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I was thinking of some sort of "Anti-Stall" Pokemon, and Abomsnow quickly came to mind:

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    Naive/Hasty
    62 HP/252 Att/196 SpA
    Substitute
    Wood Hammer
    Blizzard
    Focus Punch

This thing can really mess up stall. EVs allow it to do 92% minimum to Hippowdon with Blizzard, and always 2HKO Max HP/0 SpD Skarmory, even after Leftovers. Focus Punch from a 311 Attack stat does 86% minimum to 0 HP/252 Def Blissey, even Bold Blissey takes a whopping 72% minimum. 62 HP EVs give it Defenses of 336/186/185 (if you choose Naive) or 336/167/206 (if you choose Hasty). Max HP/0 Def Tentacruel is always 2HKO'd by Wood Hammer, and cannot even break Abomasnow's Sub with Surf (need confirmation on this). Vaporeon, even the bulkiest versions, take 84% minimum. A Max HP/0 SpD Rotom-h takes 45.72%-54.28% from Blizzard, and 44.74%-53.29% from Wood Hammer 2 easy 2HKOs if Stealth Rock is present. Something like a Max HP/Max Defense Dusknoir seems like a decent counter, taking only 39.80%-46.94% from Wood Hammer, though Blizzard against the same Dusknoir has a slight chance to 2HKO.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Are you trying to pass this set off as your own?
    And yeah, as far as I'm aware people just lead with the that set.

Post RMTs to get an entire team rated, this is the place for having single movesets requested or assessed.

Nope, I just thought it would be fitting.

Lots of people get sets of Smogon.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I can't see if it's allowed to ask about Gold and Silver movesets here or not, but after searching and finding nothing, I'll kindly ask about some advice on a Meganium here.

Would this be a good moveset for an all around Meganium?

Meganium@ Leftovers

-Return
    -Razor Leaf
    -Giga Drain
    - Something else

I don't have any TM's left unfortunately, but what can I make out of this crippled Meganium? If it's of interest for you, I'll state its present moveset if you would like to base a good moveset on it if possible.

Meganium (shrouded in dust) @ Miracle Seed
    -Sunny Day
    -Razor Leaf
    -Giga Drain
    -Solar Beam

As you see, I appareantly tried to use the SunnyBeam combo last time I took a look on it's moveset while leaving all Grass type attacks left.

Basically, SunnyBeam is predictable and might get horrible if I encounter a Fire type.

I've got a staller, versatile sweeper, physical sweeper (which also is a physical wall), supporter and bulky water type in the team. I would like to keep Razor Leaf if anything in his moveset. Which set would make Meganium of use? I just can't get my mind straight on what to do of this one.

Meganium is best for support really, so take advantage of that. And as you said Sunny Beaming is blegh...

Meganium@leftovers
    ~ Razor Leaf
    ~ Reflect / Light Screen
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Synthesis

Counter can be used on this set too (especially with light screen), which can nab you a kill on heracross, skarmory and zapdos etc if you predict correctly.

Of course Toxic is there and so is rest + sleep talk (Like everything in G/S/C lol) so you can use it to absorb status.

I have seen people use Growl for messing with cursers too, so yeah ;).

or

Meganum@Leftovers
    ~ Body Slam
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Synthesis
    ~ Razor Leaf

If you want...You may use ancient power on this set to hit zapdos and fire types harder too. Earthquake is there is you want it aswell.

Generally you want to stay away from 2 damaging attacks of the same type on a single poke since it cripples type coverage. But if they have different roles , aka Leech Seed + Razor Leaf then thats fine really.

Miracle seed isnt going to help, leftovers recovery will help more.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Alright you amazing S&M folk, I need an EV spread for this Raticate.

Raticate@Focus Sash
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Jolly
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Endeavor
    ~Super Fang

Suggestions for the moves is fine, but I'm probably just keeping that moveset since this is a present requested Pokemon from a friend. I just don't know what EVS to invest, heh. I'm guessing 252 Speed is a good bet, considering it's the Rat's strongest asset and if he can't outspeed he generally just dies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Nope, I just thought it would be fitting.

Lots of people get sets of Smogon.

Ok, the wording threw me slightly is all. It was reminiscant of people who would post a smogon set here and say "Hey, I just thought this set up. Would it work???".

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Would this work as a lead?:

Smeargle@Choice Scarf
    252 hp/252 spe/6 def
    Jolly
    - Spore
    - Trick
    - Stun Spore
    - ???

Edit: Actually i found it on the smogon analysis page. hahahaha

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I was reading the Platinuim up-dated movesets for zapdos,
    (The psyically defensive 1 to be exact)
    & I wonder if it'd be fine if I use Heat wave instead of hidden power ice if one of my other pokemon is a good swicth-in for the treats that Zapdos would need HP ice for.....
    I hope so, because I don't know how to get the proper Hidden power......
    Altough, I think the Specially defensive set may be better if I don't want to use Hidden power....

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I was reading the Platinuim up-dated movesets for zapdos,
    (The psyically defensive 1 to be exact)
    & I wonder if it'd be fine if I use Heat wave instead of hidden power ice if one of my other pokemon is a good swicth-in for the treats that Zapdos would need HP ice for.....
    I hope so, because I don't know how to get the proper Hidden power......
    Altough, I think the Specially defensive set may be better if I don't want to use Hidden power....

Yes Heat wave is fine >> the hidden power

Zapdos@leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.ATT
    Bold Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Roost
    - Toxic / Thunderwave / Roar / Light Screen

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Well I am really here to suggest something and get your opinions on it. It may sound a bit taboo at first but if you just hear me out, it should make sense.

I am thinking about switching out my Heracross for Floatzel on my Rain Dance team.

You may think I am crazy but I have thought about it for a while and it seems like the right move for my team. Here are some things that popped into my head while comparing the two Pokemon.

Heracross has a higher attack stat..

Heracross has a better base ATK stat than Floatzel by 20 points. Beating Floatzel's base 105 ATK with his base 125 ATK. This turned me off for a second at the thought of Floatzel but I soon realized something. When I slap a choice band on the two of them, both of their ATK stats are extremely high anyway. Not much is going to survive an attack from a Pokemon with over 500 in a stat. This thought, made me look deeper into Floatzel. I soon saw that he could learn Bulk Up, which would then increase his ATK to even greater heights and give him a better chance of surviving attacks.

Floatzel is faster..

Floatzel has a very nice SPEED stat of 115. Which completely creams Heracross's base speed stat of 85 by 30 points. My team has really never had a problem with any Dragon besides Salamence, who outspeeds my entire team. If Kingdra is in the rain, he can easily KO Salamence with an Ice Beam but I really need somebody for late game when all my Rain Dancers have been KO'd. Floatzel will be able to outspeed Salamence's 100 base SPEED and get the KO with a 4x super effective Ice Fang. While Heracross epically fails at countering Salamence, especially late game when his Fire Blast will do 100% damage instead of 50% damage inside of the rain.

So what does everybody think? Does this seem like a good move? Let me know please. Thanks.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Floatzel got Ice Punch in Platinum, which has a higher BP and accuracy. So Use that over Ice Fang if you have access to it.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Floatzel got Ice Punch in Platinum, which has a higher BP and accuracy. So Use that over Ice Fang if you have access to it.

Unfortunately I only have Diamond at the moment. Perhaps maybe if I can get a hold of my friend's AR..

Lol. Just kidding of course. Nah, I suppose I will just have to stick with Ice Fang. How does the idea sound?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I modified the CB Azumarill set. Thoughts?

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Huge Power
    Adamant
    212 HP / 252 Attack / 44 Speed
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -Superpower
    -Ice Punch

Let me know if this is the optimal set for it.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Don, you can throw in Return/Double-Edge over one of the two water moves if you'd like. It'll give you even better coverage (or it can even go over Ice Punch if you were gutsy.)

Years
    Okay so I need someone to help me create a team. My team will be consisting of: Gengar, Salamence, Tyranitar, Kingdra, Gliscor and Breloom.

Can anyone give me a good moveset and hold item for each?

Years
    Okay so I need someone to help me create a team. My team will be consisting of: Gengar, Salamence, Tyranitar, Kingdra, Gliscor and Breloom.

Can anyone give me a good moveset and hold item for each?
    You'd be better posting an RMT after you've put this together, you'll receive a far better analysis.
    Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid | Levitate
    [ 4HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd ]
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast/HP Fighting*
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ HP Ice*/Substitute/Hypnosis

*Obviously illegal/impossible on the same set.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Rash | Intimidate
    [ 120 Atk, 252 SAtk, 136 Spd ]
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Brick Break/Outrage
    ~ Roost/Outrage

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant | Sand Stream
    [248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spd]
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Earthquake (Focus Punch is an option, but if you're new, you may want to avoid it.)
    ~ Pursuit

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
    Adamant | Swift Swim
    [4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd]
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Substitute/Return

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish | Sand Veil
    [252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spd] (You can run more speed to outspeed threats, such a Magnezone.)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Aerial Ace
    ~ Stealth Rock/Taunt/Knock Off
    ~ Roost

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant/Jolly | Poison Heal
    [252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd]
    ~ Spore
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Stone Edge*/Seed Bomb

*A far better option.

You're welcome.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
    I'd like to point out to whoever requested the team: Just choosing six pokemon and giving them sets does not make a good team. You should atleast have a basic strategy or gameplan in mind, then start choosing pokes that fit the strategy and dont open up too many weaknesses. You already have 3 ice weaks, two of which are 4x weak. The SS from TTar also benefits only one more poke. I just wanna say that if you plan to be serious about this stuff, get a plan or strategy or roles sorted out from before, not just 6 OUs together.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Could someone give me a few mixed sweeper sets, aside from MixNape?

Slamamence@Life Orb
    80 ATT / 252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Rash Nature
    - Brick Break
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    - Roost

Electivire@Life Orb
    80 ATT / 252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Mild Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower