• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    Seeing as this is a forum for competitive Pokemon, it makes sense that he would give advice on how to use it competitively. So kindly leave this sort of remarks out of your post.

Oh, my apologies. I didn't read the thread title as "Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread (Competitive only)".
    Plenty of people have been supplied with in-game movesets here, I really don't see the harm.
    Pokemon's not all competitive, correct?
    So if I want to use a Totodile in my game and not evolve it, I should be able to request a decent moveset for him.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Plenty of people have been supplied with in-game movesets here, I really don't see the harm.

I don't recall anyone giving out ingame movesets here. In fact, we usually just laugh at those people and tell them that a Magikarp can beat the E4, since we're all elitist bastards. :\

Pokemon's not all competitive, correct?

It is in this subforum, kid. :3

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I've been using this guy as an Anti-lead for a while, wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP

Fake Out
    Ice Shard
    Night Slash
    Taunt/BrickBreak

Weavile does a great job of breaking sash leads, especially Azelf and Aero. Fake Out stops the sash, then weavile can either Ice SHard Aero or Night Slash Azelf to death. Since Weavile outspeeds Azelf, I get the advantage over it. I want to use Ice Punch, but Aero can outspeed Weavile, meaning that without Ice Shard, Vile's purpose is ruined against Aero.

Years
    It doesn't really matter, he means no harm. Just move on from it.
    Occasionally, if someone wanted to use a specific Pokemon which is too weak for competition, then I suppose we should reccomend an ingame moveset at least, y'know, at least not to leave the guy hanging. But we should also reccomend a competetive alternative.
    My two cents. Don't worry about it.

@Scarfchomp
    That Anti-lead is specific against just two of the top twenty leads isn't too much of a good idea, unless you have other Pokemon in your party who can defeat their purpose. For example, it does absolutely nothing to common leads like:
    Infernape, Tyranitar (without Brick Break), Hippowdown (again, without brick break), Metagross, Gyarados and Salamence, just to name a few. So, it's good at what it does but not good at much else.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Oh, my apologies. I didn't read the thread title as "Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread (Competitive only)".

Is the title clear enough for you now?

Also, I don't see how Weavile having Brick Break helps Weavile overcome Hippowdon when it has no STAB and Hippowdon is a Physical Behemoth.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    It doesn't really matter, he means no harm. Just move on from it.
    Occasionally, if someone wanted to use a specific Pokemon which is too weak for competition, then I suppose we should reccomend an ingame moveset at least, y'know, at least not to leave the guy hanging. But we should also reccomend a competetive alternative.
    My two cents. Don't worry about it.

@Scarfchomp
    That Anti-lead is specific against just two of the top twenty leads isn't too much of a good idea, unless you have other Pokemon in your party who can defeat their purpose. For example, it does absolutely nothing to common leads like:
    Infernape, Tyranitar (without Brick Break), Hippowdown (again, without brick break), Metagross, Gyarados and Salamence, just to name a few. So, it's good at what it does but not good at much else.

On my team, I have a Tenta to stop Ape, Tar dies to Lix and Gar, Hippowdon gets owned by GK from Ape, Metagross dies to F-thrower, Gyara is stopped by my own Gyara and Gar, and Weavile can stop Salamence with Ice Shard. Weavile was created to solely stop SR from getting setup. It can do that very effectively, either killing off SR leads or stopping the rocks, as only Jolteon, Ninjask, and Aero can outspeed Weavile without Scarfs, and the latter two die to Fake Out/Ice Shard comboes. I would be foolish to stay in on most of those threats anyways.

Years

Also, I don't see how Weavile having Brick Break helps Weavile overcome Hippowdon when it has no STAB and Hippowdon is a Physical Behemoth.
    Oops. My bad, that's what Ice Shard is for. My apologies.

On my team, I have a Tenta to stop Ape, Tar dies to Lix and Gar, Hippowdon gets owned by GK from Ape, Metagross dies to F-thrower, Gyara is stopped by my own Gyara and Gar, and Weavile can stop Salamence with Ice Shard. Weavile was created to solely stop SR from getting setup. It can do that very effectively, either killing off SR leads or stopping the rocks, as only Jolteon, Ninjask, and Aero can outspeed Weavile without Scarfs, and the latter two die to Fake Out/Ice Shard comboes. I would be foolish to stay in on most of those threats anyways.

Well, then you're good to go in terms of Anti leading. That's what I think, anyway.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    It is in this subforum, kid. :3

Now I'm being called a "kid" by a person younger than me.
    I don't think I'm making any progress here..

I'm surprised you even bothered.
    You even capitalised it! That was nice of you.

Well you won't see me in this sub-forum again.
    You're all too serious, and whenever I've asked for some sets in the past, I've either been supplied with a half-arsed copy+paste from Smogon or nothing at all.
    After all this, I think I might start using NFEs more, even in battles.

Just a little bit of advice: Try not to let the competitiveness fill your head with stubbornness. You might end up pushing all the enjoyment away.

Years
    Now I'm being called a "kid" by a person younger than me.
    I don't think I'm making any progress here..

I'm surprised you even bothered.
    You even capitalised it! That was nice of you.

Well you won't see me in this sub-forum again.
    You're all too serious, and whenever I've asked for some sets in the past, I've either been supplied with a half-arsed copy+paste from Smogon or nothing at all.
    After all this, I think I might start using NFEs more, even in battles.

Just a little bit of advice: Try not to let the competitiveness fill your head with stubbornness. You might end up pushing all the enjoyment away.
    in before infracted and deleted.
    When he called you a kid, he didn't mean it litterally. He just meant it as an expression, that's just his prefference of speech.

You shouldn't go with any smart arse comments, that's the stuff that gets you infracted. Considering it's such a petty matter, it's not worth it.

As for people copy and pasting from smogon, prove yourself and post some links. I haven't seen much. But I do agree its a stupid lack of originality, but what can you do? It's still nothing to whine about.

I don't mind you, you seem like a nice guy who's a tad too hot headed, don't take offense. Just ease up a little, eh?

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hi could anyone suggest a special sweeper set for my Espeon? Thabks I did this one but im not sure about it.....
    Timid nature with life orb 252 satk/252 spd/ 4def
    Psychic
    grass knot
    batton pass (needed to escape pursuit)
    ????? no idea what to use.....

thanks for the help :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    Hi could anyone suggest a special sweeper set for my Espeon? Thabks I did this one but im not sure about it.....
    Timid nature with life orb 252 satk/252 spd/ 4def
    Psychic
    grass knot
    batton pass (needed to escape pursuit)
    ????? no idea what to use.....

thanks for the help :)

I'd say timid or modest for the nature. Why do you have grass knot on espeon?

Psychic
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball

Put the baton pass to use if you're going to try to escape pursuit, use calm mind and pass the special attack and defense stats onto someone else.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I'd say timid or modest for the nature. Why do you have grass knot on espeon?

Psychic
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball

Put the baton pass to use if you're going to try to escape pursuit, use calm mind and pass the special attack and defense stats onto someone else.

Thanks for the advice, the reason grass knot is present is because when I play pokemon I tend to see pokemon with very large weights (and they all play uber while I dont, OU and BL only for me, I wish people would play by the rules :( still win though :) )

I noticed one thing, doesnt the above set leave you with no ability to hit dark types, with espeons speed you may stand a chance of sweeping weakened dark types before they hit you)

Years
    Espeon has no way of fending itself from darks. It has nothing super effective against them. And there are alot of Pokemon with Night Slash or Crunch. I'd keep Shadow Ball as insurance against Ghosts. Grass Know won't be needed by you much. As for darks, you can't do a thing with espeon, apart from baton passing the hell out of there before they can pursuit.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Espeon has Hidden Power Fighting, which deals with all dark types.

For the love of crap, as air said, this is a compettitive forum. We give compettitive advice. Anything, absolutley anything works ingame. ANYTHING. As airconditioning said, a team of 6 Magikarp can decimate the Elite 4. Get over it.

People copypasta Smogon because their sets works. You recommend what works, not to be original for originality's sake.

We're getting an awful lot of whiny emos nowadays.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow, some people just cant read the rules here can they. They clearly state that this is a competitive forum if you would care to look. <----This is directed at EVERYONE.

Here is a better idea, i suggest you read said rules and adhere to them before posting and leave the snippyness out of your posts or ill infract you, hopefully thats clear enough.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Detox

Meowth @ wise glasses
    Timid/Modest/Tecnician
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 hp
    -Taunt
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shock Wave/Fake Out
    -Water Pulse/Icy Wind/Hidden power(Fire) (for steels only)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    lol take a look at this:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3338641&postcount=562

From way back when hahaha. Either way, I actually have that EV trained (252 HP / 196 Def / 56 SAtk / 4 SDef) and at level 71 (who knew lol) and I have it ready to go.

However, I wanted some advice on the moveset since Resttalk seems a little silly to me (resttalk was the original intention). I was thinking either Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Toxic/Rest@Chesto Berry or Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Rest/Sleep Talk (the same thing as I originally intended, basically). I'm kind of half and half on it since the Toxic one obviously does more damage with Toxic stalling, but the resttalker will last longer and will probably get Leftovers recovery (depending on what I use it with since the frontier uses item clause).

Your thoughts? I mean I can change it essentially at will, so I'm ready to hear your opinions =D

NOTE: The battle frontier is from the 3rd generation so no DP(P) suggestions or I'll go July 2007 on you.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Espeon has Hidden Power Fighting, which deals with all dark types.

For the love of crap, as air said, this is a compettitive forum. We give compettitive advice. Anything, absolutley anything works ingame. ANYTHING. As airconditioning said, a team of 6 Magikarp can decimate the Elite 4. Get over it.

People copypasta Smogon because their sets works. You recommend what works, not to be original for originality's sake.

We're getting an awful lot of whiny emos nowadays.

Hey im no emo! and I know the elite four sucks, I killedthem all with 1 feebas for crying out loud!
    Your right about the originality bit though, I just wanted something a little off the wall (Physical clefable?) to make my oppoment go WTF?! while they lose in spectacular fashion. I have read a few smogon pages and his advice seems good but I simply look for other opinions before I start searching and breeding for a max IV,perfect nature shiny to ev for my team (im picky....).

Again im sorry if you thought that was for in game, was it really that bad? lol :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back