• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Completely random, as I have no idea of how to make a working team out of the normal stuff, but as I absolutely love bug pokemon... was wondering, could someone possibly help me with a moveset/team that involves Butterfree, Beautifly, Venomoth, and Mothim, with the other 2 being bugs that could be helped/help the original 4? :S

I know it's a tough/annoying thing, but I just love them XD

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Yeah, it was aimmed at Spinarak. Sorry if you got into that mess.

Now, is this team compettitive? I think we can do that. If'n it is competitive, expect to lose a lot, especially with those pokes. But if you want an all bug team, obviously winning is not your prime goal. So i'll give it a whack. Gimme a sec to gather some info.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    a mono-bug theme team will fail extremely hard, especially against SR. If you want to try your gut at it, I suggest a Scarf lead Butterfree with Compoundeyes and Sleep Powder to start. Mothim can run a Choice Specs set, Venomoth can run either a Specs or just a regular attacking set, and Beautifly...I'm not sure in all honesty. (If you need sets, just message again in regard)

For two additional bugs, I suggest something like Scizor (if for Diamond/Pearl, you might be less than influenced), or Forretress. Yanmega is also there, and heck, even Scyther for some pure physical attacking. Heracross is another good option, but note that any option leaves you open to fire attacks everywhere.

I'd suggest using 4 bugs and 2 of anything else to support the team.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    any option leaves you open to fire attacks everywhere.

THere's 1 option that doesn't take SE from rock, but its not so great.

Armaldo @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/ 244 Spe/ 12 HP

Rock Polish
    X-Scissor
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

I would consider that, although it pales in comparison to Scizor if this is Platifail team.

I actually wouldn't use Beautifly. Instead, I would run the following mono-bug team:

ScarfFree to sleep and spread status.
    Specs Mothin- I think the moveset is Air Slash/Bug Buzz/Psychic/HP Fire?
    LO Venomoth- set up and sweep.
    RP Armaldo- Physical sweeping
    RestTalk Hera- give you some special tanking(somewhat) and a status absorber.
    Foretress- to Help with mega SR weak.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Rock-types do not resist Rock-type attacks. Armaldo still takes 25% from Stealth Rock every time it switches in.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    THere's 1 option that doesn't take SE from rock, but its not so great.

Armaldo @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/ 244 Spe/ 12 HP

Rock Polish
    X-Scissor
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

I would consider that, although it pales in comparison to Scizor if this is Platifail team.

I actually wouldn't use Beautifly. Instead, I would run the following mono-bug team:

ScarfFree to sleep and spread status.
    Specs Mothin- I think the moveset is Air Slash/Bug Buzz/Psychic/HP Fire?
    LO Venomoth- set up and sweep.
    RP Armaldo- Physical sweeping
    RestTalk Hera- give you some special tanking(somewhat) and a status absorber.
    Foretress- to Help with mega SR weak.

Thanks, I know Beautifly isn't the best thing ever, but I do want to use her... I'm weird like that. I have my competitive team, XD

This would be a team I could use for UU, tbh. Hence why I didn't mention most of them :P I always wanted to make a UU team, but never got around to doing it :S

Knew I forgot to mention something in my post... >_<

I finally finished training my competitive team, and now I don't want to use it anymore XD Fighting the same old OU pokemon gets VERY VERY annoying. (If I have to one shot another heatran with my HP Ground yanmega once more, I'll scream~)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Rock-types do not resist Rock-type attacks. Armaldo still takes 25% from Stealth Rock every time it switches in.

Oops. I meant Fire type, but w/e.

I'm very sad that no one wants to rate my team... :(

I've heard of a new Mixape set going around, but haven't seen its actual moveset. Does anyone know what that set is?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Oops. I meant Fire type, but w/e.

I'm very sad that no one wants to rate my team... :(

I've heard of a new Mixape set going around, but haven't seen its actual moveset. Does anyone know what that set is?

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 172 Atk/192 Spd/144 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Grass Knot
    - Overheat / Fire Blast

Drills its usual counters and checks. 2hkoing things like vappy with cc.

After an Overheat or Fire Blast on the switch in, Stone Edge OHKO's offensive Gyarados and Mence and OHKO's bulkier versions with SR in play. (Even with intimidate).

Thunderpunch is available if you want the OHKO on tentacruel and OHKO on Gyarados >> stone edge, but outside of that its pretty much outclassed by stone edge since stone edge 2hko's most tenta and Gyarados loses either way lol.

Linux

Rich Boy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    I am raising my cleffa right now with a Calm mood
    and I was thinking for the end when it is a cleffable

Cleffabel @ Toxic Orb
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Soft boiled
    -Ice Beam

Linux

Rich Boy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    Psychic gives you poop coverage in OU. Run T-Bolt>> it. What's its ability?

Magic Guard.
    That is why I chose Toxic Orb. I read that giving it poison will prevent it from taking other status ailments and with Magic Guard preventing the damage from being poisoned it is a good strategy.

So
    T-Bolt
    Calm Mind
    Soft boiled
    Ice Beam.

right now my clefa has charm and it seems very useful should I switch it with one of the final moves?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Magic Guard.
    That is why I chose Toxic Orb. I read that giving it poison will prevent it from taking other status ailments and with Magic Guard preventing the damage from being poisoned it is a good strategy.

So
    T-Bolt
    Calm Mind
    Soft boiled
    Ice Beam.

right now my clefa has charm and it seems very useful should I switch it with one of the final moves?

Charm does have some use. You can either use it, Toxic, or Reflect>> Calm Mind. Unless you want Clefable to work as a special attacker, any of those 3 would be a good choice.

Clefable has two things it can do- special sweep or special wall.

Special Wall moves-
    Softboiled
    Toixc/Thunder Wave
    Seismic Toss
    Reflect/Charm/Light Screen

Special sweeper-
    Calm Mind
    Softobiled
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

You can choose from either of these two, depending on the current IVs and EVs that you've put into Cleffa.

Linux

Rich Boy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    Ok thanks a lot this is really helpful.
    Just one thing is Thunderbolt as good as Charge Beam?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Well Thunderbolt has a higher Base Power meaning you can dish out more damage per shot, but Charge Beam can raise your Sp Atk. Clefable can take a few hits so Charge Beam could be good, unless you are using Calm Mind.
    If you are not using Calm Mind, then Charge Beam could be more beneficial.

Linux

Rich Boy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2008
    Mmm okay I think I will play it safe with tbolt.
    Thanks a lot for all the input. I think I have a good
    direction now with my cleffa.

**Sorry for this quick question
    but if I replace softboiled with moonlight doesn't that seem like a
    better move to you guys since moonlight recovers
    2/3 -> 1/2 -> 1/4 health pending on the weather
    whereas softboiled only does 1/2 of you max health.

Or is softboiled the best bet?

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Mmm okay I think I will play it safe with tbolt.
    Thanks a lot for all the input. I think I have a good
    direction now with my cleffa.

**Sorry for this quick question
    but if I replace softboiled with moonlight doesn't that seem like a
    better move to you guys since moonlight recovers
    2/3 -> 1/2 -> 1/4 health pending on the weather
    whereas softboiled only does 1/2 of you max health.

Or is softboiled the best bet?

Softboiled is the obvious better option. with weather running around alot, your not gonna get more than 25% recovery most of the time. Softboiled is a much more viable option.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Decided on my bugs:

Drapion
    Armaldo
    Mothim
    Venomoth
    Shuckle
    Butterfree

However, based on their speed stats, I'm debating if I should make it a trick room team... most of them have ungodly horrible speed XD But that would entail removing one bug type >_< lol

Anyways, for this team, I'm thinking a support Butterfree with Tailwind might be better than the normal double status U-Turner, what do you guys think?

Years
    That's debatable. Tailwind Butterfree would be ok, but you can probably get just one up before it's out. Then you only have two turns to use the extra speed. Otherwise, if you switch, one turn.
    Dual status I'd go for, even though it'd be knocked out after inducing one stat effect, it still does it's job better than TW.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    anyone got a good SpecsBliss set?

What in the blue hell lol

Blissey@Choice Specs
    252 DEF / 252 SP.ATT / 6 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam