• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    No, Shuckle usually relies on it's defences to let it toxistall opponents, since it can't attack worth crap.

Now for my question: My team tends to have trouble with Swampy, Weavile, and just a little trouble with Scizor. I was wondering if a Mixgross would help with them, and if so, what would be a good set for it? If there's something better feet free to give me that, just try to avoid legends since I don't like trying to find good legendaries.

Metagross@Expert Belt
    252 Atk / 124 Sp.Att / 132 Speed
    Naughty Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Earthquake

Standard stuff..

Speed evs gives you 208 to outspeed most magnezone and no speed neutral suicune and cresselia etc.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Claydol @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA

Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Power
    Shadow Ball // Psychic // Toxic

General utility Pokemon, clears opposing spikes or rocks while setting up its own. This is probably the best set for it as Claydol is a great spinner resisting Stealth Rock and being immune to both sets of spikes.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    Looking back, I'd like to apologise for what I said.
    I only wanted to help the guy out and kind of took things too seriously when people told him that what he wanted to do wouldn't work.
    I still enjoy being part of this 'ere community; I have since the old days of being Sk8.
    The infraction made me realise that the last way to go about being a part of it all is making stupid posts that people will disrespect you for.
    Sorry guys.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Looking back, I'd like to apologise for what I said.
    I only wanted to help the guy out and kind of took things too seriously when people told him that what he wanted to do wouldn't work.
    I still enjoy being part of this 'ere community; I have since the old days of being Sk8.
    The infraction made me realise that the last way to go about being a part of it all is making stupid posts that people will disrespect you for.
    Sorry guys.

No one cares dude (I'm not meaning this in a negative way, I'm just saying no one cares that you made a mistake, and no one's gonna hold it against you). Everyone makes mistakes, but as long as you are willing to try and move on, we'll be glad to see you more active here ;)

Anyway, I need a suggestion (and moveset) for something that counters Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia in ubers.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Vance: There was this one battle I had (ubers) where my opponent used a Quagsire as a Kyogre counter and it was pretty darn amazing. Only problem is that I cannot 100% remember the set.. I will try though...

Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Calm - Water Absorb
    252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 6 Def (I think)

Toxic
    Amnesia
    -------
    -------

Can come in on Surf, Water Spout or Thunder and take 0 damage or Ice Beam which deals 45.69% - 53.81% which is not even a 2HKO factoring Leftovers and is the worst possibility. Chances are, with correct prediction, you can come in on 3 different attacks and take no damage or recover health. As for the final 2 move slots, you can add in something that you find useful as I cannot remember what other moves he used on it. I used Swagger and Counter on my set but Counter was rarely used. Swagger and Toxic allow for awesome stalling and annoyance.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    That sounds really interesting, actually. Quagsire could also be used to handle T-Wave Blissey in a pinch, and the Calm Minder set (Focus Punch anyone?)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Emerlad Battle Tower/Frontier again. I was looking through my boxes today and found this super-sexy Rhyhorn:

Adamant #111 Rhyhorn: 31 / 30 - 31 / 23 - 24 / 24 - 27 / 26 - 27 / 30 - 31

The speed is almost positively 31 though I'm not 100% sure (98%-ish lol). Either way, I definitely want to use this beauty but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Rhydon (not Rhyperior, for those who are clueless) is actually pretty useful as long as the opponent isn't Surfing at it, but I have my always-useful Regice for that. I don't know what to use though so I'm requesting a set and EV spread.

Right now I was thinking:

Rhydon @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head (yea, it has Rock Head <3)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Megahorn
    - Double-Edge

Earthquake is the obvious STAB attack here, and Rock Slide hits flyers and Gengar. Megahorn is really cool and hits those not poison type grassers (as rare as they are) hard and also takes out even bulkier psychic-types (especially those Lati@s in the later stages). Double-Edge is mostly filler, but it's power and it's there. My Hidden Power type is Steel so...=/

See, I don't know what to do though. I especially am having trouble with the EVs since Rhydon can't take special hits. I figured "why not go 252 Def" but weaker neutral attacks like a random Dragon Claw from Charizard...I don't want to take 80% from those either so eh. I also though of possibilities like Counter, 101 Subtitutes, Scary Face (-2 Speed for the opponent who never switches), and of course, Swords Dance. I don't know about SD though...Rhydon is pretty slow =/

Any help is appreciated unless you start talking to me about Rock Polish and how I should use Rhyperior in which case expect a -rep and a scolding =)

EDIT: Wow, digging through my PC has been more beneficial than I thought it would be...

Just found Umbreon which is already EVed (252HP/252Def/4 something else)

Careful #197 Umbreon: 31 / 15 - 17 / 26 - 28 / 25 - 27 / 29 - 31 / 12 - 14

The best part is that it has egg moves from Smeargle...it currently has BP/Curse/Wish/Quick Attack

Any advice on what to do with it would be appreciated =)

Last edited:

Detox

Could this set be used to Revenge kill....stuff...like Heatran and Gyara,or do I nedd to use something else?

Medicham @ choice scarf
    Adamant/Pure Power
    252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Hi jump kick
    -Thunderpunch
    -Ice punch

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Could this set be used to Revenge kill....stuff...like Heatran and Gyara,or do I nedd to use something else?

Medicham @ choice scarf
    Adamant/Pure Power
    252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Hi jump kick
    -Thunderpunch
    -Ice punch

If you're going with Scarf, go Jolly so you can outspeed Timid ScarfTran. Zen Headbutt is the definition of the third syllable of the move's name. Go for Psycho Cut instead. Otherwise, it looks ok.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Alrighty, I've decided to start trying to battle competitively(...i can't spell that word) on wi-fi, but I am completely at a loss as to where to start with my team. I've read some tutorials on team building but I'm still pretty lost on where to start. Sorry I don't have more information on what I'm looking for, but if someone could help me put a team together, that'd be awesome.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Emerlad Battle Tower/Frontier again. I was looking through my boxes today and found this super-sexy Rhyhorn:

Adamant #111 Rhyhorn: 31 / 30 - 31 / 23 - 24 / 24 - 27 / 26 - 27 / 30 - 31

The speed is almost positively 31 though I'm not 100% sure (98%-ish lol). Either way, I definitely want to use this beauty but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Rhydon (not Rhyperior, for those who are clueless) is actually pretty useful as long as the opponent isn't Surfing at it, but I have my always-useful Regice for that. I don't know what to use though so I'm requesting a set and EV spread.

Right now I was thinking:

Rhydon @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rock Head (yea, it has Rock Head <3)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Megahorn
    - Double-Edge

Earthquake is the obvious STAB attack here, and Rock Slide hits flyers and Gengar. Megahorn is really cool and hits those not poison type grassers (as rare as they are) hard and also takes out even bulkier psychic-types (especially those Lati@s in the later stages). Double-Edge is mostly filler, but it's power and it's there. My Hidden Power type is Steel so...=/

See, I don't know what to do though. I especially am having trouble with the EVs since Rhydon can't take special hits. I figured "why not go 252 Def" but weaker neutral attacks like a random Dragon Claw from Charizard...I don't want to take 80% from those either so eh. I also though of possibilities like Counter, 101 Subtitutes, Scary Face (-2 Speed for the opponent who never switches), and of course, Swords Dance. I don't know about SD though...Rhydon is pretty slow =/

Any help is appreciated unless you start talking to me about Rock Polish and how I should use Rhyperior in which case expect a -rep and a scolding =)

EDIT: Wow, digging through my PC has been more beneficial than I thought it would be...

Just found Umbreon which is already EVed (252HP/252Def/4 something else)

Careful #197 Umbreon: 31 / 15 - 17 / 26 - 28 / 25 - 27 / 29 - 31 / 12 - 14

The best part is that it has egg moves from Smeargle...it currently has BP/Curse/Wish/Quick Attack

Any advice on what to do with it would be appreciated =)

Well i was gonna say Yawn would be pretty good on umbreon, but no, you have gone for Quick Attack lol (uber!) . Id just shove Toxic on there or something. Speaking of which, passing curses to Lefties Rhydon would be pretty cool too or something....

Anyways, I like Sub Rhydon with SD/Sub/Earth/Slide in the BF but game freak seems to think that ONE sub tutor is good >_> So it all depends on if you used said tutor, so meh. Maybe some sp.def evs would be nice since don has naturally high hp so splitting the hp evs with sp.def may not be THAT much of bad idea, idk.

But yeah those look fine anyways.

Anyways i have hatched a decent Koffing (soon to be weezing) with ivs of 20> in everything. Im going to use it in the battle frontier (3rd gen), so yeah.

Weezing@Leftovers
    252 HP / 178 Atk / 68 SpA / 12 Sp.D
    Brave Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Fire Blast
    - Haze / Toxic
    - Explosion

Offensive weezing

!!!!

Mine has 0 speed ivs, so no point in speed to beat other weezing and because its not competitive (well it is, but still). I need help, most specifically on the third slot, im thinking Haze would be cool for double teamers and what not, but im unsure so some clarification would be nice ^__^.

In addition i have a Hariyama (not being able to get hold of a Machamp due to trades T___T), with the standard set of Fake Out/Cross Chop/Rock Slide/<heh>, LAST SLOT IS THE PROBLEM. It should be Hidden Power Ghost, but i cant get that, so what else is there to go in the slot, like Earthquake or Return or something ._.

lol halp ?

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    skyt, for a full team rate post it in a new thread, it's not really appropriate to do it amongst the other discussions going on in a stickie like this and stops confusion rising.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Ill handle it Gofre >:< lol

But yeah this is the sort of thing that warrants a new thread. So please do that.

Thanks.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Sorry, I'm finding it difficult to shift the minimodding habit :P

But yeah, I need a good set to counter kyogre in ubers please.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Sorry, I'm finding it difficult to shift the minimodding habit :P

But yeah, I need a good set to counter kyogre in ubers please.

Your best all around counter to cover pretty much all its sets is Latias really.

Latias@Soul Dew
    112 HP / 204 Sp.Att / 192 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Grass Knot / Thunder
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover / Roost

I think those are the standard evs.

But anyway 334 speed to outpace + speed base 100's and Jolly Garchomp aka "Ubar no counter aaaaaa run sand veil hax ban naow yache band Scarf SD Outrage centralization chain chomp"

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    "Ubar no counter aaaaaa run sand veil hax ban naow yache band Scarf SD Outrage centralization chain chomp"

No idea what that is, but it sounds pretty scary :P
    Thanks for the set, I was planning on using latias anyway so that's a bonus. That set is just the general standard, is it not?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back