• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I just that that the species doesn't matter.

The strength and type of the Hidden Power depends on a Pokemon's IV's. I presume that you know what that means?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hi can anyone rate this gengar please? I kbnow gengar is more special sweeper but hows this?

Rash/Timid nature
    black sludge/Life Orb or Wide Lens

-Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow ball
    -Hypnosis Gengar can't get T-Wave, and Confuse Ray is meh.

Double status is the idea, shadow ball and thunderbolt is just so you can hit something

Comment and rate in bold. Gengar is kind of blegh compared to Mismagius, anyway.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Last 6 EVs on a Modest Alakazam?

And, I was going to go for Focus Blast, Shadow Ball and Psychic... But I have NO clue what to go for on the 4th move...?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Last 6 EVs on a Modest Alakazam?

And, I was going to go for Focus Blast, Shadow Ball and Psychic... But I have NO clue what to go for on the 4th move...?

Put the 6 EVs anywhere, alakazam is so frail it won't be surviving much anyway. Grass knot's a safe bet for the final slot, or if you're using a choice item consider trick to annoy pokes that dont like being locked into a single move.

Giblie

Gible Lover
    Years
  • So many Pokemon I would love to get but I can only train one at a time.
    Anyway what is a good moveset for a Kingdra? Maybe I'll get one soon.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Kingdra@Life Orb/Damp Rock/Leftovers
    Mild Nature
    Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 6 Spd
    -Waterfall
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/HP Electric
    -Rain Dance

Mixsweeping Rain Dancer, Kingdra is a speed monster so speed isn't really a top priority, anyway Waterfall smashes Blissey who switches in expecting it to be the special rain dancer, HP Electric so Empoleon doesn't wall you, otherwise Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse hits everything that absorbs water attacks.

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Well, ABY here with an awkward Kingdra that I wanted to share tonight at 2:45AM.

Kingdra@Lansat Berry (Increases CH rate by 2 stages when at 25% or less) *The Hax God*
    Naive, Sniper
    252sp.atk/252spd/6HP

Focus Energy
    Endure
    Surf
    Dragon Pulse

"ABY, what the heck have you done with your haxy self?" You see, this set was just an awkward idea I put together earlier. We all know what Sniper does: Boosts the power of CHs to 3x instead of 2x, KOing some things unexpectedly. Focus Energy raises the CH rate up two stages, which is roughly...25% I believe. Anyway, this very luck-reliant set could really mess with the opponent, but requires much paralysis support or a speed pass. Priority also destroys it.

Come in on something you can easily live through, Focus Energy on their switch. If they send out something slower than you, and expect to OHKO you, Endure. Lansat will activate, giving you at worst, 1/3 chance to CH, and it may even be 1/2 chance. I'm not sure how the CH scale works. If you can't KO that Pokemon with a critical (doing less than 33%), then swap out, save it for later.

Anyway, this is just more of a surprise type of set, and the payoff is massive, but rare. I'm begging to try it out myself.

DragonLordAL

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    I have been using this Blissey, but is it worth it?
    Blissey @ leftover
    Bold[108hp 212def 190spdef]
    seismic toss
    T-wave
    Heal Bell/Aromatherapy
    softboiled

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Looks good to me but I would suggest maxing Def EV's.
    People correct if I am wrong, I don't use Blissey...

Can I get a set for a Porygon-2?
    And if it isn't too much trouble, the best set you guys can come up with for a Probopass... Maybe a tank thing, utility pokemon, use your imaginations..

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Blissey is indeed, the best special wall in the game in terms of defense. Calm proves to be better than Bold these days with the increased power of most special attackers. Bold Bliss just can't cut it well anymore.

Blissey@Leftovers *(Insert fat Blissey joke or line here)*
    Calm, Natural Cure
    252def/216sp.def/40 HP (or 40sp.atk)

Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy (or Heal Bell)/Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave/Toxic/Ice Beam

The last options are team support: Ice Beam makes sure Gengar doesn't 100% stall you in return (and if it's the sub-puncher, you're in trouble without the Ice Beam.

OR

Wish
    Protect
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave/Toxic/Ice Beam

WishBliss is very good team support, but banned on some shoddy servers for some stupid reasons.

Kuggles gets +5 awesome for Pory2.

Porygon2@Leftovers/Lum Berry *Upgrade ME A-hole!*
    Modest, Trace (Trace is required)
    240HP/164Def/12Sp.atk/92Sp.def

Ice Beam
    Discharge/Thunderbolt
    Magic Coat/Thunder Wave
    Recover

Use this as a lead. It's a wonderful Gyarados/Physical Salamence counter, Tracing their Intimidates back at them. With Lum Berry, you can afford to use an attacking move against Gengar cure the sleep, then Magic Coat the same anticipated Hypnosis next turn. Recover any damage received, for Pory2 is a very sturdy Pokemon.

As for UU, Probopass enjoys a support Pokemon, such as Xatu, which covers its weaknesses well.

Probopass@Leftovers
    Calm, Magnet Pull
    252HP/168sp.def/88spd

Stealth Rock
    Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Earth Power
    HP Rock/Flash Cannon

Probopass is a very sturdy Pokemon, hindered really, only by its two weak spots, fighting and ground. You can use Magnet Rise to lose your ground weakness and make an immunity if you'd like, which at that point, you can become a steel killer with proper EV changes. Anyway, bring Probopass in on a Choice Banded Pokemon like Scyther (bar Brick Break), and set up as wanted. HP Rock vs. Flash Cannon is basically coverage issues, as both receive STAB. Earth Power is just awesome in general and destroys steels, which these EVs allow you to outrun standard Aggron. (I'm pretty sure at least...)

If you want more offensive sets, let me know.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Thanks for that!
    I will be sure to test that Porygon out later in a new team I am making.
    However, I was planning to use Probopass in OU but I don't think he would do that well... There are better options, maybe I will try sneak him in..
    Thanks again!

Serious

Ev'ing is for the talentless
    Years
  • I just that that the species doesn't matter.

The strength and type of the Hidden Power depends on a Pokemon's IV's. I presume that you know what that means?

Ok thanks :) , I know what IV's are, I may not be the best battler ever but i'm no rookie!

Serious

Years
  • Ok try this for fross lass

Choice specs
    252 sptk/252 spd

Blizzard/Ice beam
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow ball
    Destiny bond

Froslass is very quick so thats good but her other stats are bad. Ice beam if she is on a standard team, Blizzard for a hail team. Blast things until she is about to die then use destiny bond. Works quite good :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys can I get a set for a Froslass who I will use as a Sp Sweeper?

Frosslass@Choice Specs
    Timid Naure
    252 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 6 HP
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic / Hidden power Fighting

Bear in mind Gengar does this 100% better if your using it in OU =p.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • EDIT: D_A, yeah I suppose Gengar would be better at that job...
    What about a Mismagius? Any sets that are more beneficial that a Gengar if used as a Special Sweeper?

Serious

Years
  • Froslass is not going to be able to switch in on much apart from some normal sweepers and luvdisk. Better to start the match of with her up front though Yanmega and jolteon do it better. For a different Item you could go with Life orb and use spikes instead of shadow ball but she wont last long.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    EDIT: D_A, yeah I suppose Gengar would be better at that job...
    What about a Mismagius? Any sets that are more beneficial that a Gengar if used as a Special Sweeper?

Mismagius@Leftovers
    108 HP / 164 Sp.A / 236 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden power Fighting
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind

Is your best bet for sweeping and quite potent sweeper it is =)

Serious

Years
  • Could wil-o-wisp be used in that set instead of substitute to fix Mismagius low defence? (Working on an all ghost team :) )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back