• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    Could wil-o-wisp be used in that set instead of substitute to fix Mismagius low defence? (Working on an all ghost team :) )

I suppose it could, although i dont see why fixing its low def is a priority when its sweeping.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Could I please have a set up for an Ampharos and Houndour

o.O Don't you mean Houndoom? XD.

Since you didn't say anything about not wanting the Standard set, Standard set is this:

Ampharos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Static
    EVs: 40 HP|216 Atk|252 SpA
    Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Grass or Ice]

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Houndoom@Life orb / Leftovers
    42 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Flash Fire
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - Hidden power Fighting / Taunt / Will-o-wisp / Toxic
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot

Note : - Fire Blast and Life Orb is the reals mans choice >=),

Also Toxic or burning bulky waters is fun. Taunt is to shut down status, and stuff that tries to set up on you.. HP Fight is for Heatran and t-tar who resist all your set otherwise.

<3

Houndoom@Choice Specs
    42 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Flash Fire
    - Overheat
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden power Fighting

Specs !

Houndoom@Choice Scarf
    80 Attk / 252 Sp.Att / 176 Speed
    Mild Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden power Fighting / Hidden Power Ice
    - Fire Blast / Overheat

HP Ice for dragons. Pursuit for fleeing stuff.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I need help to make a team. I WILL do stuff to help. Not just tell you to make me the whole team. If you have AIM it will be better. PM me if your intrested in helping me. Please do not waste my time if you do not have any knowlegde in Pokemon. I need help to build a balanced team and a Rain Dance team.

PS: My AIM is mexicanboy430

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Well, an update about Lansat Kingdra: It doesn't work. Lansat Berry and Focus Energy do not stack together for super crits...which really sucks.

Still, I came up with THIS devilish set that works like a set from another Pokemon we all know...

Lucario@Life Orb *ChainLuke*
    Lonely
    128atk/162sp.atk/220spd

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    HP Ice
    Psychic

Attract out the main fighting resist (Gliscor or Weezing) with Swords Dance or Close Combat, and then drop it with HP Ice or Psychic, both of which OHKO respectively (Weezing is with SR damage or a hit from CC, but has a chance without SR to live.) After this, feel free to scrap apart some other threats with Close Combat.

The EVs give Close Combat a punch after SD, and 220 speed hits 271, faster than the common 270s. You could opt for a little more speed and subtract from the attack if you'd like, but not preferable. I know most of Lucario's moves now give him an absurdly poor coverage, giving Cresselia the free liberty of switching in and forcing Lucario out, as well as things like Swampert surviving an SD Close Combat and no priority move to keep Weavile, Froslass, and Gengar away. (Bullet Punch for the latter 2)

So anyway...there ya go. Have fun surprising things with it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Can i post my ideas for a competitive battling team? I'm new to the whole thing(Will stat as soon as I beat game)and I just needed some more ideas to help out with my own.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Well, the set is fine, might want to go Quick Attack for priority, however

BL=OU, it's just OU's that aren't used as much.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yo people, I need some ideas. I'm planning on creating a UU team inspired by team rocket, back in the first series when it was cool to watch pokemon (2002 methinks). But yeah, I'm drawing dead on ideas, so need some suggestions, either from the first series or 1st gen of games. So far I have:
    *Weezing
    *Arbok
    *Persian
    *Nidoking

Now I need a couple more, specifically something that can act as a special wall or at very least a special tank. Any help would be nice =]

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • Yo people, I need some ideas. I'm planning on creating a UU team inspired by team rocket, back in the first series when it was cool to watch pokemon (2002 methinks). But yeah, I'm drawing dead on ideas, so need some suggestions, either from the first series or 1st gen of games. So far I have:
    *Weezing
    *Arbok
    *Persian
    *Nidoking

Now I need a couple more, specifically something that can act as a special wall or at very least a special tank. Any help would be nice =]
    Missed those days....
    Anyways, I'm stumped. Do you only want pokes that James and Jessie had from the very first gen??Because all I can think of is Victrebell, which can't wall at all.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Just Team rocket members in general, hence Giovanni's Persian and Nidoking.

Ah well, thanks for the Victribell idea, I can use it as a chloryphyl (sp?) sweeper. I may just run nidoqueen with careful@252HP/252SpDef/6Att and see how it works out.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Well, an update about Lansat Kingdra: It doesn't work. Lansat Berry and Focus Energy do not stack together for super crits...which really sucks.

Still, I came up with THIS devilish set that works like a set from another Pokemon we all know...

Lucario@Life Orb *ChainLuke*
    Lonely
    128atk/162sp.atk/220spd

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    HP Ice
    Psychic

Attract out the main fighting resist (Gliscor or Weezing) with Swords Dance or Close Combat, and then drop it with HP Ice or Psychic, both of which OHKO respectively (Weezing is with SR damage or a hit from CC, but has a chance without SR to live.) After this, feel free to scrap apart some other threats with Close Combat.

The EVs give Close Combat a punch after SD, and 220 speed hits 271, faster than the common 270s. You could opt for a little more speed and subtract from the attack if you'd like, but not preferable. I know most of Lucario's moves now give him an absurdly poor coverage, giving Cresselia the free liberty of switching in and forcing Lucario out, as well as things like Swampert surviving an SD Close Combat and no priority move to keep Weavile, Froslass, and Gengar away. (Bullet Punch for the latter 2)

So anyway...there ya go. Have fun surprising things with it.

You listed the exact reason why that set phails. Yeah, it surprises, but so does a Paris Hilton crotch shot photo. It's like yeah, she's caught, who gives a frick. Many things will survive, you won't hit hard at all, you are more easily walled, and you have piss poor coverage.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • @ABY - Just use CC / Crunch / HP Ice with a Life Orb, Jolly 200 Attack / 56 SpA / 252 Spe to down Gliscor which will be Lucario's greatest bane. Weezing is not used a lot in OU due to its lack of a reliable recovery move, so the prime target is Gliscor.

If you wish a Naive nature could be used in place of Jolly, allowing HP Ice to hit harder and 2HKO Zapdos after SR damage.

Years
  • Yo people, I need some ideas. I'm planning on creating a UU team inspired by team rocket, back in the first series when it was cool to watch pokemon (2002 methinks). But yeah, I'm drawing dead on ideas, so need some suggestions, either from the first series or 1st gen of games. So far I have:
    *Weezing
    *Arbok
    *Persian
    *Nidoking

How about a Lickylicky?
    It's the evolved form or lickitung...
    Too bad it's not really a special wall...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Off the top of my head, Hypno was one of the original pokemon used by Team Rocket in the Red / Blue version, that makes a decent special wall (with Wish).

Really? I must check that out...
    ... 5 mins later...
    Success! Team rocket briefly used drowzee. The blissey of UU is now on the line-up :P
    Right, one more place to fill. I'd like to steer away from nidoqueen, so any suggestions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back