• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • I want a pair of Bibarel STRICTLY in-game. One for E4 and other for Battle Tower.

I have a general idea for each

E4 Bibarel
    Defence Curl
    RollOut (is this dubbled power rollout worth it?)
    Superfang
    Waterfall

BT Bibarel
    Superfang
    Superpower
    Defence Curl
    Amnisa/Waterfall/T-Wave

how can I make both better for each assignment? Yes Bibarel are for fun, not serious battle.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Ok, I'll give you help in the nicest way possible

Bibarel
    Hyper Beam
    Giga Impact
    Water Gun
    Tackle

It totally wins ingame.

Seriously, who gives a crap. It's in-game. IN GAME. ANYTHING WORKS IN GAME. ANYTHING. I could sweep with a Raichu. My lvl 12 Pichu beat a gym leader's Gyarados. Just blindly level up. Hell, use the Rollout Defence Curl combo for Battle Tower.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • I want a pair of Bibarel STRICTLY in-game. One for E4 and other for Battle Tower.

I have a general idea for each

E4 Bibarel
    Defence Curl
    RollOut (is this dubbled power rollout worth it?)
    Superfang
    Waterfall

BT Bibarel
    Superfang
    Superpower
    Defence Curl
    Amnisa/Waterfall/T-Wave

how can I make both better for each assignment? Yes Bibarel are for fun, not serious battle.
    Yeah, what sims said.
    You can go all out with a Sp. Attacking Gyarados and you'll still beat the Elite Four.
    I don't understand why people need help for ingame battling purposes.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Really, all I wanted was an interesting aquatic mammal to fight at battle tower. Just for kicks, and if it actually does well so much the better.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I'm not knocking you for t, but anything works ingame. Anything. Anything. Anyting. Anything. Use whatever set. That is why ingame teams doesn't work on wifi, because ingame, you're playing the AI. Hell all I gotta do is level up to 85, and the game is easy.

I will warn you, they try to seem "tough" at teh battle tower by puttin you up against really cheap & unfair moves & players. How the frick can an Oddish survive an EQ from a Gyarados? Because it's just cheap there. Don't even worry about it. There's a reason why it's called "hacked tower".

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    ok guys. Im not really up on my terminology, but what would be a good moveset for my pidgey? I bred it and it knows brave bird and aerial ace already. Once it gets to pidgeot, what moves should it have for it to be strong/versatile. I plan on EV Training it as best as I can. So don't go there. I would just appreciate a move set. Thanks in advance.

Serious

Ev'ing is for the talentless
    Years
  • Hi all does anyone know a good moveset for miltank? The cow isnt going to replace blissey anytime soon I know but blissy is way overused and I want a sort of support wall. How is this moveset?

Thick fat (shes only going to defend!)
    @ leftovers
    Return
    Toxic
    Milk drink
    Heal bell

I have not bothered with evs as I think they are silly (It makes little diffrernce If you got a good nature and stratagy). What do you think about the moveseet? Should I get the scrappy ability instead? thanks :)

Jdl I know people will disagree but ev'ing is a waste of valuble time. for pidgey try this....

Brave bird
    Feather dance
    Steel wing
    U turn

Give it choice band while your at it :)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Hi all does anyone know a good moveset for miltank? The cow isnt going to replace blissey anytime soon I know but blissy is way overused and I want a sort of support wall. How is this moveset?

Thick fat (shes only going to defend!)
    @ leftovers
    Return
    Toxic
    Milk drink
    Heal bell

I have not bothered with evs as I think they are silly (It makes little diffrernce If you got a good nature and stratagy). What do you think about the moveseet? Should I get the scrappy ability instead? thanks :)

Jdl I know people will disagree but ev'ing is a waste of valuble time. for pidgey try this....

Brave bird
    Feather dance
    Steel wing
    U turn

Give it choice band while your at it :)

Saying EVs are a waste is only hurting other people. I'd like to see your improperly EV'd Garchomp not outspeed my Salamence like it should and get KO'd by a Draco Meteor. EV training is an essential part of competitive battling. Strategy and proper natures will only get you so far.

And go with Body Slam > Return for Paralysis support. Otherwise, that set looks good. Might want to try Earthquake > Toxic so you're not walled by Steel-types.

Looks like you want a more offensive Pidgeot JDL so go:

Pidgeot @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly

Brave Bird
    Return
    Steel Wing
    U-Turn

Outclassed by basically every other Normal/Flying-type besides Farfetch'd. That's not saying much about Pidgeot.

Serious

Years
  • Thanks for the moveset :) sorry I f I offended anyone buts thats my opinon. The only ev`ing I do is battleing the elite 4 over and over lol :)

Is thick fat abbility ok? or is scrappy more desirable?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I want to amp up my pre-exsisting Leafeon. It's a year old so I don't know where the evs are anymore, but I do know this:

Leafeon
    Adamant Nature
    Sunny Day
    Synthisis
    X-Scizor
    Giga Impact

I dont know if synth is good on a sweeper and I have a couple of other poke (eggexutor and heatran) that both have sunney day. So those two may or may not go. I realy like Leaf Blade, but so many are resistant I have X-Scizor instead. I would like it if there is room. Giga Impact is a personal choice, but if better attacks are avlible it can go.

How can I Re-Vamp My favorite Pet Plant??

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Anything is better than Giga Impact... Heck, maybe even Solarbeam is on Leafy.

I'd go over all the reasons why Giga Impact fails, but... don't have the time, especially since I'm gearing up to beat a n00ber who's hellbent on defending it.

Thanks for the moveset :) sorry I f I offended anyone buts thats my opinon. The only ev`ing I do is battleing the elite 4 over and over lol :)

Is thick fat abbility ok? or is scrappy more desirable?
    Okay, but... expect to lose the overwhelming majority of your competitive battles. Breeding for the best nature and IV's, hidden power, and EV training... Competitive battling's the reason we do it.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • What's a good moveset for a contest Drifloon?
    I've deducted that my Drifloon isn't much of a fighter and so i'd like to put him into contests, but i need a moveset... and a type of contest.

It's a male level 22 Drifloon with a Jolly nature, i just caught him today and we went for a nice stroll in Amity Square. XP

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Anything is better than Giga Impact... Heck, maybe even Solarbeam is on Leafy.

Nooo, solar beam is no better than giga impact. Solar beam is just a 2-turn move in reverse, giving them a chance to switch to the appropriate counter and rape you. Even with sunny day, all you're doing is inviting a fire type to abuse their new .5 bonus and your weakness to fire. Plus grass has crappy coverage anyway.

Serious

Years
  • Okay, but... expect to lose the overwhelming majority of your competitive battles. Breeding for the best nature and IV's, hidden power, and EV training... Competitive battling's the reason we do it.

Yes I can see why you do it but I just am not patient enough to ev and breed pokemon, I breed and raise only 6 on any pokemon game as I find it tedious. And losing battles? I have only got one loss as some kid I played said he wanted to play UU but he pulled out a mewtwo and acreus on me.......>.< .....some people! *tut tut*.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually if fabian is right, if you do not EV you will lose. You may not have done so far, but I'm willing to put money on your opponents either not EVing or being plain idiots. There's no two ways around it, either EV and IV or fail miserably in the long run.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hello. I was wondering which type of Blaziken I should use:

1. Blaziken @Leftovers or Scope Lens
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/6 Def
    Flare Blitz
    Sky Uppercut
    ThunderPunch
    Earthquake/Night Slash

2. Blaziken @Scope Lens
    Docile Nature
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 HP/6 Def
    Blast Burn
    Sky Uppercut
    ThunderPunch
    Earthquake/Night Slash

Changes to the movesets or items are accepted. Thanks to whoever can help me!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hello. I was wondering which type of Blaziken I should use:

1. Blaziken @Leftovers or Scope Lens
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 HP/6 Def
    Flare Blitz
    Sky Uppercut
    ThunderPunch
    Earthquake/Night Slash

2. Blaziken @Scope Lens
    Docile Nature
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 HP/6 Def
    Blast Burn
    Sky Uppercut
    ThunderPunch
    Earthquake/Night Slash

Changes to the movesets or items are accepted. Thanks to whoever can help me!

You're gonna need to change more than just the movesets:
    -Scape Lense is hax and therefore banned
    -Blaziken is a sweeper, not a bulky poke. No 252HP or docile for him.

You seem to want to use a physical variant, these are the two most common

Blaziken@Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6Def
    Agility/Swords Dance
    Sky Uppercut
    Blaze Kick
    Stone Edge
    Use jolly if you choose Swords dance, Adamant with Agility

Or there's the choice Variant
    Blaziken@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Adamant/Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6Def
    Sky Uppercut
    Flar Blitz
    Stone Edge
    Thunderpunch/EQ/Brave Bird
    Jolly with CB, Adamant with CS

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Yes I can see why you do it but I just am not patient enough to ev and breed pokemon, I breed and raise only 6 on any pokemon game as I find it tedious. And losing battles? I have only got one loss as some kid I played said he wanted to play UU but he pulled out a mewtwo and acreus on me.......>.< .....some people! *tut tut*.
    Too bad. You need patience to raise the best Pokemon.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Too bad. You need patience to raise the best Pokemon.
    Patience, yes. But patience within reason?

EV training is one thing. EV training is by no means unreasonably time-consuming, if done right it may not even take a day.

But breeding for IVs or natures? That's quite another. The sheer randomness of it makes this an incredible task. MONTHS could be spent getting Pokemon with good IVs, and even then it may not even have the right nature! This takes no skill at all other than extreme endurance, and for what? You also might finally go into battle with it and discover it sucks, wasting the entire effort. This is my problem with competitive play on the real games, you need to spend months of your life to get the right Pokemon. And this is a game.
    To me this isn't patience, this is masochism. The only skill you show is being able to devote massive amounts of your time. Nothing creative or anything.

If there was a way to compensate for low IVs, like additional EV training with the aid of an item, then I wouldn't have this issue. (though making natures through breeding less random-- with more of an effect than the Everstone-- would also help)
    You just can't expect most people to be willing to drain that kind of time away.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • You're gonna need to change more than just the movesets:
    -Scape Lense is hax and therefore banned
    -Blaziken is a sweeper, not a bulky poke. No 252HP or docile for him.

You seem to want to use a physical variant, these are the two most common

Blaziken@Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6Def
    Agility/Swords Dance
    Sky Uppercut
    Blaze Kick
    Stone Edge
    Use jolly if you choose Swords dance, Adamant with Agility

Or there's the choice Variant
    Blaziken@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Adamant/Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6Def
    Sky Uppercut
    Flar Blitz
    Stone Edge
    Thunderpunch/EQ/Brave Bird
    Jolly with CB, Adamant with CS

Thanks so much for the help, Gofre!
    By the way, does anyone know where I can find the lists of banned items/item hax (i.e. Scope Lens) and banned moves/move combos (i.e. Sheer Cold or Mind Reader+Sheer Cold) as well? I've tried multiple search engines including Google, but no lists like these are shown. I don't want to get in a battle and be chided for using banned items/moves... Thanks in advance for the help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back