• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
  • Right, I'm requesting help on two Rhyperior sets.

First is on the Adamant shiny Rhydon that I caught. What EVs and moves should I give it?

Secondly, I want to EV Train a Rhyperior from level 1 (obviously a Rhyhorn at that point). However, I'm not sure whether to give it a defensive or offensive set (or a bit of both), which nature to breed for and what moves to give it.

Much appreciated.

oh hi.im sorry icant giv you EVs or natures but ive got some really good moves for him

RHYPERIOR
    megahorn/poisonjab/avalanch
    thunderbolt
    earthquake
    stoneedge

if u need help with this set just ask

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Right, I'm requesting help on two Rhyperior sets.

First is on the Adamant shiny Rhydon that I caught. What EVs and moves should I give it?

Secondly, I want to EV Train a Rhyperior from level 1 (obviously a Rhyhorn at that point). However, I'm not sure whether to give it a defensive or offensive set (or a bit of both), which nature to breed for and what moves to give it.

Much appreciated.

Rhyperior runs a tank set mostly, so for the newly bred one use the following:

Rhyperior@Leftovers
    Impish
    252HP/252Def/6Att
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Megahorn/Avalanche
    Stealth Rock/Roar/Substitute

For the adamant one, a set-up variant would be best:

Rhyperior@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Adamant
    252Att/252Spd/6SpDef
    Swords Dance/Agility
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Megahorn/Avalanche/Ice Fang

The SD variant is only really worth using if you can get speed passes onto it. RP is the way to go.

Paladin, Poisin Jab sucks on him :| and have you actually looked at it's statline? Because I can't remember the last time a poke with base 55 SpAtt used thunderbolt.

the rules said:
    Don't rate without proper knowledge

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I would only want a team of one:
    Gengar-Jolly (levitate)
    Night shade
    Hypnosis
    Dream eater
    Thunderbolt
    It would be nicknamed Biggie Johnson!

We need EVs and items please

Jolly is one of the worst natures you could have picked.

Dream eater sucks, what with most sleeping pokes switching out and it's poor coverage

Gengar gas far more powerful moves than night shade when raised properly.

Gengar should run as following:

Gengar@Life Orb/Wide Lense
    Timid
    252SpAtt/252Spd/4HP
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hypnosis/HP Ice
    Focus Blast

replace hypnosis with nightmare

*Facepalm*

Don't make me quote the rules to you in bigger, bolder letters than before. Learn about the competetive metagame to give what is, quite frankly, terrible advice. Not only is nightmare a crappy move cured by a simple switchout, it is reliant on hypnosis to work. As is Dream eater. Should he, god forbid, continue to use DE then without Hypnosis it's utterly redundant. Please learn about the metagame and try again.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Whats A Good Moveset For A Gliscor
    Im Iv Breeding One Now

If you want a physical wall use this:
    Leftovers/impish 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Earthquake
    Roost
    ice fang
    stealth rock/ taunt/ knock off

or if you want a baton passer:
    Leftovers/jolly 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Rock polish/sword dance
    Roost
    Baton pass
    Earthquake/taunt

Years
  • No. I run 40 Atk at most. Otherwise it loses bulk. You could just run Max HP/Def.

EDIT:

Need advice on this set.

Machamp @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Adamant | Guts
    [ 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def ]
    ~ Revenge
    ~ Payback
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • No. I run 40 Atk at most. Otherwise it loses bulk. You could just run Max HP/Def.

EDIT:

Need advice on this set.

Machamp @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Adamant | Guts
    [ 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def ]
    ~ Revenge
    ~ Payback
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

I like the overall idea, but Dynnamicpunch is probably more useful to confuse the many things that wall resttalkers like it (Gyarados and Salamence being the two best examples).

Also, I find a lot more defense than attack as far as the EV spread goes goes a long way in how well machamp can stand up to Tyranitar and other physical attacks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Hello, I need some help.

I have these pokemon: Rhypherior, Garchomp, Weavile, Infernape, Salamence, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Alakazam, Shuckle, Electrode, Steelix, Torterra, Blissey, Steelix, and others on my Pokemon Ranch.

I wanted to make a team of 2 special attackers, 2 physical attackers, 1 physical wall, and 1 special wall. Can someone tell me some good pokes for that list (or suggestions of some that arent on the list)

Im asking for what is a good attacker, sp attacker, phys wall, and spec wall with or without those pokemon.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Whats A Good Moveset For A Gliscor
    Im Iv Breeding One Now

If you want a physical wall use this:
    Leftovers/impish 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Earthquake
    Roost
    ice fang
    stealth rock/ taunt/ knock off

or if you want a baton passer:
    Leftovers/jolly 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Rock polish/sword dance
    Roost
    Baton pass
    Earthquake/taunt

I prefer using the SD set myself

Gliscor@Leftovers/Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spd
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost

With speed of 300, it outspeeds most Salamence and then KOs with Ice Fang. HP EVs keep it bulky while Roost keeps it healthy. Life Orb damage can also be nullified with Roost.

Hello, I need some help.

I have these pokemon: Rhypherior (Phy Tank), Garchomp (Phy Sweeper), Weavile (Phy Sweeper), Infernape (Mix Sweeper), Salamence (Mix Sweeper/Bulky Sweeper), Magnezone (Sp Sweeper), Porygon-Z (Sp Sweeper), Alakazam (Sp Sweeper), Shuckle (Fail/Annoyer), Electrode (Annoyer), Steelix (Phy Wall), Torterra (Phy Tank), Blissey (Sp Wall), Steelix (Phy Wall), and others on my Pokemon Ranch.

I wanted to make a team of 2 special attackers, 2 physical attackers, 1 physical wall, and 1 special wall. Can someone tell me some good pokes for that list (or suggestions of some that arent on the list)

Im asking for what is a good attacker, sp attacker, phys wall, and spec wall with or without those pokemon.

In bold is what they commonly run, most of them can only run sets involving this, but Salamence and Infernape can also go full special or full physical sets as well. Steelix is listed twice as well lol.

Garchomp is also now considered as an Uber, so he unfortunately cannot be used in Standard battles.

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Luxray suffers the curse of Flareon, that is, he has a great attack stat, but his best physical STAB is Thunder Fang. Poor lion

Luxray@Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Life Orb
    Adament/Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Crunch/Quick Attack
    -Ice Fang
    -Return
    -Spark/Thunder Fang

Generic Choice Attacker, Quick Attack shouldn't appear on the Scarf set. Best coverage with his small movepool

Luxray@Life Orb
    Rash/Naive Nature
    EVs: 120 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 136 Spd
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Grass
    - Crunch
    - Ice Fang

Thunderbolt is the best (accuracy and power) STAB for Luxray, but since his special attack is only base 95. You want to boost that more than Attack. Mixed sweeping capabilities. HP Grass is used, because Luxray is a UU sweeper, and Gastrodon and Quagsire would cause problems.

Now with Rivalry you have to choose which threats you are willing to take out easier than others. Male may seem the obvious choice, but Nidoqueen is 2HKO by Ice Fang if you opt for Female, who would otherwise be able to stop your sweep entirely.

Years
  • Now with Rivalry you have to choose which threats you are willing to take out easier than others. Male may seem the obvious choice, but Nidoqueen is 2HKO by Ice Fang if you opt for Female, who would otherwise be able to stop your sweep entirely.
    Just thought I should mention that, on Shoddy, the default choice is male, and people rarely change it, but I believe this is for Wifi. The Safer bet is to go with intimidate on both.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Okay, I already have 2/6 Pokemon for my team. They are Skarmory and Snorlax.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Keen Eye
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
    Brave Bird
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Roost

Lead with Skarmory and use Spikes. Then use WW to deal slight damage to his entire team. I use BB when I need to attack and Roost to heal from attacks and BB recoil. Pretty much the standard Skarmory. She has 401 Defense.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Thick Fat
    168 HP, 120 Def, 210 SpD
    Body Slam
    Crunch
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

I used BS over Return because of the 30% paralysis rate. Crunch is used to deal with ghosts and Rest and ST are used to heal when HP gets low. I laughed my ass off when I saw his stats after getting him to Lv. 100. He had an even 300 Atk stat. xD

That is my team so far, what do you think I need?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back