• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
  • I need suggestions for three Pokemon on my UU team. I need a lead and 2 walls, one special and one physical. My three sweepers are NP Raichu, SD Scyther and a standard Hitmonlee. Any suggestions?

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Physical Wall:
    Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/136 SDef
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball/Explosion
    - Roar/Explosion
    Works out quite well if I do say so myself.

Special Wall:
    Well Hypno is typically considered the best special wall in UU, but Grumpig definitely deserves some consideration seeing as it can Calm Mind and boost its special sponging ability.
    For that same reason you should also consider Clefable... Clefable can also run a pseudo-Blissey set.

Lead:
    Butterfree? Worth a shot... accurate double powder and all.

... just go to Smogon for the rest of those movesets. :p

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • Hey guys.
    Could someone help me out with sets for Electrode, Kabutops, Lanturn and Dewgong on a Rain Dance team?
    If anyone has suggestions for the last two members or possibly replacing one of the above pokemon, I'm all ears. =)

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • Hey guys.
    Could someone help me out with sets for Electrode, Kabutops, Lanturn and Dewgong on a Rain Dance team?
    If anyone has suggestions for the last two members or possibly replacing one of the above pokemon, I'm all ears. =)

I'm familiar with the the first two, so I can help you there.

Electrode@Focus Sash/Damp Rock
    Static ll Hasty
    228 Spd/252 Atk/28 Sp.A
    -Taunt
    -Rain Dance
    -Explosion
    -Thunder

Kabutops@ Life Orb
    Swift Swim ll Adamant
    252 Atk/176 Spd/80 HP
    -Sword Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Stone Edge
    -Brick Break/X-Scissor

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I'm wondering what a good moveset for a Togekiss would be (for competitive battling). I know I'd want Serene Grace and probably maxed out Sp. Attack to go with Air Slash, but then what else? I'm considering Flamethrower for Ice-types, and maybe Rest and Snore (the problem being that Snore adds another Normal-type attack). Then I think I'd have Salamence or Tyranitar with Earthquake for backup. Maybe U-turn would make sense, as I doubt I'll use too many moves other than Air Slash. Thanks in advance!

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Vaporeon isnt meant to be a Specs'er. It's best as a Wish passer / Physical Wall.
    Specs Kingdra works quite well though if you want a Specs Water poke...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Vaporeon@Choice Specs
    Modest
    252Def/252SpAtt/6Spd
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric
    Hydro Pump/Wish

Standard specs vaporeon iirc.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • How is it illegal? 252+252+6 = 510. the 2 extra dont matter but there's nothing wrong in typind those
    And if its Specs it should be Max Speed to make sure it gets a hit >>

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
  • What about my Togekiss moveset?

If you want a Nasty Plot Sp.Attacker, go with something like this:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe

- Nasty Plot
    - Roost
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere

Alternatively, for a Choice Specs set:

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

- Air Slash
    - Flamethrower
    - Aura Sphere
    - Tri Attack/ Shadow Ball/ Hyperbeam (Use with extreme caution, may give opponent easy set-up time)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'm wondering what a good moveset for a Togekiss would be (for competitive battling). I know I'd want Serene Grace and probably maxed out Sp. Attack to go with Air Slash, but then what else? I'm considering Flamethrower for Ice-types, and maybe Rest and Snore (the problem being that Snore adds another Normal-type attack). Then I think I'd have Salamence or Tyranitar with Earthquake for backup. Maybe U-turn would make sense, as I doubt I'll use too many moves other than Air Slash. Thanks in advance!

Nonono

Physical attacks on togekiss are fail. Nasty Plot sweeper please:

Togekiss@Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Modest
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Roost
    Nasty Plot

Alternatively you could strap on a choice item (Specs or scarf) and put flamethrower and either tri attack, shadow ball or HP ice over the two bottom slots.

EDIT: Sniped :P
    EDIT EDIT: Ambients EV spread is better for the NP sweeper set btw

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Lol I beat everyone by one minute ^^
    EDIT: Now i lose by 3 XD

Dont worry Farasha, everyone makes mistakes :P

For Malch:
    You can use the FlinchHax set on Smogon with T-Wave and Air Slash for abuse. But for Sweeping consider the NP set or even this one:

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Hustle
    EVs: 154 HP/252 Atk/104 Spd
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Extremespeed
    - Flamethrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Roost

May seem gimmicky, but dont be fooled, this has more Attack than a Lucario! You sweep with Extremespeed and the other two moves. Aura Sphere could go over Roost in the last slot to deal with TTar and Heatran... I tested this and it nets SOOO many revenge kills

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Right now I'm building a team and having a bit of trouble: (I'm trying to make a team for a AgiliGross Sweep)

Sceptile@Leftovers
    56 hp/200 sAtk/252 spe
    Timid
    - Sub
    - Leech Seed
    - HP Fire
    - Leaf Storm

Suicune@Leftovers
    252 hp/252 def/6 sAtk
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - HP Electric

Basically sub seed in the beginning, draining my opponents lead. It also does well against Aero, Azelf, etc. Water/Grass is a classic combo to absorbing attacks. Now, I realize Gengar@Choice Scarf with thunderbolt and HP Ice can destory this, but either than that i need to help not build up weaknesses. Any suggestions? and this is the Metagross is the one i'm using:

Metagross@Life Orb
    252 atk/208 spe/44 hp
    Adamant
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder Punch

Right now my team covers (somewhat) Skarmory, Bulky Waters, Dragons, Scizor (ish), and some other things.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • I'm wondering what a good moveset for a Togekiss would be (for competitive battling). I know I'd want Serene Grace and probably maxed out Sp. Attack to go with Air Slash, but then what else? I'm considering Flamethrower for Ice-types, and maybe Rest and Snore (the problem being that Snore adds another Normal-type attack). Then I think I'd have Salamence or Tyranitar with Earthquake for backup. Maybe U-turn would make sense, as I doubt I'll use too many moves other than Air Slash. Thanks in advance!
    Here are a couple:
    Togekiss @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Modest Nature
    Serene Grace
    252 HP/152 SPATK/104 SPD
    Nasty Plot
    Roost
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    First and foremost, MAKE SURE YOU'VE REMOVED ENEMY ZAPDOS AND ROTOM FORMES BEFORE SETTING THIS UP. Also, it'd be better if you've cleared out/paralyzed enemy LOGar, or any opposing electrics. Anyways, use Togekiss's bulk and Nasty Plot to raise his SPATK to sky-high levels. Air Slash/Aura Sphere provides an attacking combination resisted only by Zapdos and the Rotoms. Leftovers for recovery, and Lum Berry is a one time cure for paralysis/toxic, both of which screw Toggy up.

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    Serene Grace
    64 HP/252 SPATK/192 SPD
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Flamethrower
    Tri Attack/Shadow Ball
    Specs Togekiss. Air Slash and Aura Sphere, as usual, are his two main attacks. Flamethrower destroys steels. For the last slot, you can go Tri Attack for secondary STAB, or Shadow Ball to hit incoming Rotoms.

Paraflinch (Thunder Wave/Air Slash) is still his most popular set, but nobody here would really recommend it; as Anti put it, the concept of the set is "hey, let's win thru hax instead of prediction!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back